AD: Here or Gone?

Oh fvck a duck...I didn't know Bus Cook was his agent. Bus Cook has only (that I know of) high strung whiners/attention whores & divas for clients in the first place. It's like part of his interview process. Bus: "Are you controversial and/or a "me first" jackass?" Player: "Yes." Bus: "Ok I will rep you!"

If he has a problem with how the Pats handled his injury, fine. He needs to take it up with them privately or wait until he's cut and sue them or whatever. Airing it publicly while still on the team=fail

Also, I fractured my wrist over 10 years ago and it still hurts me from time to time and took WELL over 7 years until it didn't hurt me on a daily basis and of course I didn't have a physical job like football. I think that's just the way things go sometimes AD, regardless of the quality of therapy and procedures done.

I think he's done but they will make sure they have a replacement first. And actually I wouldn't be shocked if they kept him around if they didn't feel they replaced him adequately role-wise. BB is not a grudge holder when it comes to fielding a team he believes is best suited to win.

Man I can't believe how good he thinks he is. I realize he has a boat load of sacks, in Baltimore's system. Lets look since 07 and see how effective he was before his injury and after. He's average at best.

Enough with all this mouth and such little game. His time here should be over.

« More from Thomas, on talk of joining Jets
Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff April 17, 2010 09:39 AM

Jets' linebacker Bart Scott inadvertently created a bit of a storm for his friend and former Ravens teammate, Adalius Thomas, earlier this year when he said Thomas wanted to play for in New York if he is released by New England.

And that led to an avalanche's worth of criticism for Thomas.

During our breakfast conversation yesterday, Thomas brought up the brouhaha as part of a longer answer about a different topic:

"I got an email that I was getting killed on one of the radio stations up there [in Boston] about something Bart Scott said. He plays for the Jets. I played with Bart. Did we talk about it? Yeah. But that's not how the conversation went," Thomas said. "But I don't think he had time on a TV interview to say, 'This was said and this was said...'

"Everyone has me going to the Jets because of Rex Ryan. I also played for (Bengals head coach) Marvin Lewis, (49ers head coach) Mike Singletary, (Jacksonville head coach) Jack Del Rio, (Miami defensive coordinator) Mike Nolan. So why don't they ever include those people in the conversation, those teams? Because that doesn't sell."

Scott's comments came in early March, during an appearance on ESPN's "Mike & Mike" program.

Thomas feels Scott's words -- he said Thomas has "expressed an interest in joining Rex" -- opened the floodgates for New England media to "say what they've really been wanting to say" about him.

"You don't really know what happened; you don't really know what was said," Thomas said. "I think it's better to understand than to be understood sometimes. Sometimes you're going to be misunderstood; I'm fine with that. I am, because you can't get your point across to everybody."

Thomas' mention of Mike Nolan as one of his former coaches offered another possible reason why the Patriots haven't yet released him. Nolan is now the Dolphins' defensive coordinator; when Thomas hit the free agent market in 2007, Nolan was the head coach in San Francisco and the 49ers and Pats were reportedly the finalists for his services.

The Dolphins are without Joey Porter and could be without Jason Taylor, so they have a need at pass rush, and Thomas knows Nolan.

Please send him away. I'm sick of listening to this asshole talk.

Complete ****ing toxic waste.

Please send him away. I'm sick of listening to this asshole talk.

Complete ****ing toxic waste.

AT didn't just burn his bridge in New England. He burned the bridge, ransacked the village, killed the livestock, f**ked all the women, stole all the money, and rode out with all the horses. He wouldn't be back this season if he gave Belichick a reach-around daily during the season.

Just based on his disappointing underperforming here, he'd be history. The fact that he's a big-mouth troublemaker is just icing on the cake. Enjoy your slide into obscurity, AT. You got your big payday here, and didn't earn it, so I hope you saved it wisely.

He'll be sent packing to the Raiders for a 4th or 5th.

AT didn't just burn his bridge in New England. He burned the bridge, ransacked the village, killed the livestock, f**ked all the women, stole all the money, and rode out with all the horses. He wouldn't be back this season if he gave Belichick a reach-around daily during the season.

Just based on his disappointing underperforming here, he'd be history. The fact that he's a big-mouth troublemaker is just icing on the cake. Enjoy your slide into obscurity, AT. You got your big payday here, and didn't earn it, so I hope you saved it wisely.

He'll be sent packing to the Raiders for a 4th or 5th.
Great point, the guy is all about eye popping physical statistics, maybe we can get a 2nd out of Al Davis ROFL

This is pathetic he is now begging to be traded with that quote. He might get his wish come draft day.

I'de trade him away but with his bitching/unproductivity/and his current contract his value is little.

He's worth much more to another team if he's released and they don't have to pay his current contract.

I'de bring him to camp and make him return punts :whip:

I'de trade him away but with his bitching/unproductivity/and his current contract his value is little.

He's worth much more to another team if he's released and they don't have to pay his current contract.

I'de bring him to camp and make him return punts :whip:

Depending on the structure of his contract, AdT could be released without impacting the Pats cap going foreward. There is no cap this year, so if he has no more guaranteed money going foreward, then its all good. I do not know when his pay for this year kicks in, either....

That said,

The Pats are not gonna be stoopid. If they can get value for him, they will. But there is no need to deal him away. He would be fine depth riding the pine and playing ST's behind someone else. The unique situation this year puts the team in the catbird's seat. All the mouth can do is show up and ride the pine or sit out and lose his salary. I say the Pats try to deal him around the draft, but if the offer is not right, and the team is not right, the deal wont happen.

But there is no need to deal him away. He would be fine depth riding the pine and playing ST's behind someone else. The unique situation this year puts the team in the catbird's seat. All the mouth can do is show up and ride the pine or sit out and lose his salary. I say the Pats try to deal him around the draft, but if the offer is not right, and the team is not right, the deal wont happen.

I don't agree. Just hearing things Adalius has said, if he is stuck on the bench and gets called upon if there's an injury, he might refuse to come into the game. Or if he does, he won't even be trying hard. That's the kind of man they're dealing with. It makes me sick just to look at the guy.

Get whatever you can for him, and get him the heck outta here. Hell, trade a 7th and him for a 6th.

I don't agree. Just hearing things Adalius has said, if he is stuck on the bench and gets called upon if there's an injury, he might refuse to come into the game. Or if he does, he won't even be trying hard. That's the kind of man they're dealing with. It makes me sick just to look at the guy.

Get whatever you can for him, and get him the heck outta here. Hell, trade a 7th and him for a 6th.

As much as he would LOOOOve to do that, it would be poison to his career.

While I agree he's poison in the locker room and has simply not found the "patriot way", the only real teams that would probably be interested in him right now are the Jets and Miami, who lost Porter and Taylor. I'd sit him on the bench before I traded him to either of those teams.

While I agree he's poison in the locker room and has simply not found the "patriot way", the only real teams that would probably be interested in him right now are the Jets and Miami, who lost Porter and Taylor. I'd sit him on the bench before I traded him to either of those teams.

Yup. Though SD or another team playing a one gap 3-4 might want him too. Pittsburg?

Back