AD reportedly broken arm

Pierre Woods played a lot in that game.

Pierre Woods is not that good.

Uggh.

Ugh. That Crable shin IR is going to hurt a lot more than it initially looked. Good luck Pierre, hope you're up to the task.

You also said that Cassel sucks and he's turning out to be a nifty little QB back there... I hope you're wrong again
True, I said Cassel wasn't good. But my main bitch was that the HC didn't have a veteran back-up behind him if it turned out that his little experiment with an untested since high school guy failed. And as much as it's NOT failing, I still think it was too risky to not be better covered on Cassel.

All that said, I'm as happy as anyone that Cassel is doing so well. I hope he gets the SB MVP this season. If Brady is ready to go next year, Cassel will be long gone, starting for someone else next season.

But Pierre Woods is not a great player. He might be an adequate fill in, but he's never going to be special. He's never going to be the kind of player Adalius has been at times in NE.

Of that I'm positive, and even though I'm positive, it would be wonderful if Woods proved me wrong.

Yup.

Expect Vince Redd to activated from the practice squad tomorrow....and for Seau (who has OLB experience) to begin seriously working out.
I expect he was already in workout mode before teh game ended

Is Colvin still totaly ****ed?
interesting twist if he is capable of returning as an OLB, he recently worked out for Cleveland...so who knows if he is capable of playing still

Matt Chatham is available I believe

If we can only beat the Jets with all the injuries we have, I won't ask another thing from this team until we play the Fins.

Oh who needs linebackers. Let's go with 5 defensive backs in the base defense. Do they have 5 defensive backs?

I Got It!!!!!! Ray Venterone haha

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=484616

Patriots linebacker Thomas breaks left arm
New England Patriots linebacker Adalius Thomas has a broken left forearm and is likely done for the season, according to several published reports.

Thomas, a nine-year pro, left Sunday's 20-10 win against the Bills in the second quarter. He did not return and was seen leaving the locker room with his arm in a sling, The Boston Herald reports.

The news caps an already injury-riddled season for the Patriots as three impact players have suffered season-ending injuries: quarterback Tom Brady (torn ACL/MCL in left knee), safety Rodney Harrison (torn quadriceps) and running back Laurence Maroney (shoulder).

Thomas started all nine games for the Patriots this season, had been in on almost 100 percent of the team's defensive snaps and is tied with Richard Seymour for the team lead in sacks (5).

I think that award goes to Falcons coach Mike Smith.

Why? Show me a team in the league missing their mvp Qb, 3 running backs and two best defenders who have 6 wins. I thought the award went to the best coach, BB should win it every year.

Why? Show me a team in the league missing their mvp Qb, 3 running backs and two best defenders who have 6 wins. I thought the award went to the best coach, BB should win it every year.

To be honest I don't what the criteria is for COY. All I know is that Smith took over a team in total disarray has a true rookie playing qb & has them looking at a real shot for the playoffs. To say he doesn't deserve consideration is foolish.

To be honest I don't what the criteria is for COY. All I know is that Smith took over a team in total disarray has a true rookie playing qb & has them looking at a real shot for the playoffs. To say he doesn't deserve consideration is foolish.

consideration sure, but if he loses his Qb, three backs and two of his best defenders and maintains the same record then we can talk.

But not all teams have the talent the Pats have. Yes they lost Brady, but they still have tons of talent on Offense. Losing Brady in say 2003 would have been a lot more devastating. And some of those players you mentioned attributed to some of those 6 wins. He wouldn't even be considered for COTY right now, but that could change by season's end.

Bill Belichick, coach of the year?

If he can amass at least 10 wins with the way these injuries have been happening, the NFL would be high as a kite to NOT award him that.

Considering the decisions Goodell has made regarding the Pats recently, I expect he'd fine BB for that.

damn another bad injury for the pats. That makes now Brady, Harrison, Thomas, Maroney that are now done for the year. Thomas ended the season tired with Seymour for 5 sacks. Now Pierre Woods would be taking his spot in the lineup i think.

But not all teams have the talent the Pats have. Yes they lost Brady, but they still have tons of talent on Offense. Losing Brady in say 2003 would have been a lot more devastating. And some of those players you mentioned attributed to some of those 6 wins. He wouldn't even be considered for COTY right now, but that could change by season's end.

The pats just didnt lose brady, they lost 3 backs, they lost defensive players olineman. If any team, I dont care what talent they have in history lost their mvp Qb 3 running backs and 2 of their best defenders and were still on top of their division, I would love to see it, and you act as though baltimore has no talent. Atlanta has one of the best running games in football, in fact they are number 1. let me bring up 2004. The pats lost almost the entire secondary, they were playing earthwind moreland and randall gay at wideout, they shut down manning who had 49 td's that year. Lets see a coach pull that one off, dont even get me started about 2001.

Back