AFC Championship, Patriots at Broncos, Sunday Jan 24, 3pm CBS

Don't let CJ Anderson beat you. Hopefully BB and Patricia dial up their best run defenses for next week. My only real fear is Anderson, and to lesser extent Hillman, grinding out yards in the second half keeping the defense on the field.

Got to win the turnover battle. Manning avoided, barely, int's today. Odds says he'll have one, or three, next week.
I agree.. It will be extremely important for our D to get off the field fast, and not allow Denver long sustained drives, and its also important for Brady stay away from 3 and outs. Time of possession will be critical especially in MILE HIGH.

That was the key in there last matchup . Manning was throwing ducks again. That running game saved his ass today .

Those passes were brutal. If that continues I expect more drops given the difficulty of catching a wobbling ball.

I'm cautiously very optimistic about that week if that makes sense. I wanted revenge against Denver ever since the game in November. I think they get it barring terrible injuries or a turnover fiasco. Brady needs to exorcise the Denver demons before he retires.

Defense can't play this big but don't break. Last year's defense was great. When it matter in the 2nd half . We shut down teams . To give Brady a chance to win.

Defense can't play this big but don't break. Last year's defense was great. When it matter in the 2nd half . We shut down teams . To give Brady a chance to win.

They need to maintain their lanes on those cut backs. Anderson is really good a finding a lane on those stretch run plays.

We need to attack them on defense. Hopefully Collins and Mayo are ready to go. Safeties can't be missing tackles near the line of scrimmage either.

KC's offense presented more challenges than Denver's will.

Denver has better WRS & RB'S then KC. Let's not forget that . KC came in with a smart game plan. Smith played mistake free football. Not forcing any passes .

Denver has better WRS & RB'S then KC. Let's not forget that . KC came in with a smart game plan. Smith played mistake free football. Not forcing any passes .

I rather the defense give up a few chunk plays in the passing game between the 20's to ensure the run game does not control the clock. Manning does not have the arm strength to throw in tight windows as the field shrinks. If DT or Sanders take a 10 yard pass and goes for 30 so be it as long it they don't score. I rather that than 5-6 plays to get those same amount of yards.

And a better all around defense.

This game next week has the makings of a great one. I know you guys think the Denver Defense is overrated but, they're very good. The pass rush is strong, the LB's are fast and the secondary is about as good as it gets in the NFL this year. Now way this game gets out of hand either way. It should be a close game. And a fun game to watch.

For all the refs not calling a fair game BS here, that's nonsense. The Broncos were called for a couple big PI's that were bogus.

Pats are favored, and while I think they should be, I hate it.

Teams now-a-days use anything for motivation. The point spread will have them in "nobody believes in us" mode all week. Somebody quick, go bet about 10MM on Denver so we can swing it the other way.

Teams now-a-days use anything for motivation. The point spread will have them in "nobody believes in us" mode all week. Somebody quick, go bet about 10MM on Denver so we can swing it the other way.

I'm sure that will happen. Broncos will be favored by the end of the week!

I think it would take more than that. Moving a spread 4 full points is incredibly rare.

Like I said somewhere else, Vegas must have absolutely loved Kansas City, and hated Pittsburgh.

I think it would take more than that. Moving a spread 4 full points is incredibly rare.

Like I said somewhere else, Vegas must have absolutely loved Kansas City, and hated Pittsburgh.

The smart money from the pros came in early and moved the line. It would take significant money from yahoo nation to move the line back towards Denver.

The smart money from the pros came in early and moved the line. It would take significant money from yahoo nation to move the line back towards Denver.

I personally think it's a touch high. I mean, all things being equal, the Broncos did win Week 12 in OT, so it should at least be a point or two toward Denver.

Comparing the playoff wins, the Patriots were solid. Far from great (although I was starting to see the pieces fall into place), still a good bit to clean up, but it was a solid win against a good team on the road.

The Broncos were kinda shaky, given several field position gifts that they got FGs off of, but hey, when they needed that final drive, they got it, even if the Steelers should have just stupid let them score, and have all sorts of time on the clock.

But, the Steelers are stupid and they kinda suck, and have shitty coaching and dumb players, so I guess it's to be expected.

So I could see where the Patriots might be favored, although factoring trends and all-time records in Denver - There's no way I could have made them more than a FG favorite. If you're going to do more than a pick 'em, maybe a point, point-and-a-half.

3.5's a lot. All sorts of marginal yahoo Broncos fan gamblers and that ESPNbot guy will jump all over it. I can't say I'd blame them,. :coffee:

The public loved KC not Vegas. But I think it was more of an anti Pats movement than a pro KC movement. Something like 70% of John Q. Public's money came in on KC.

Good info. Thanks, Chris.

"I can't touch nobody. I'm just out there running," Harris said. "I thought my shoulder was good. But I'm not. I've just got to keep fighting."

The public loved KC not Vegas. But I think it was more of an anti Pats movement than a pro KC movement. Something like 70% of John Q. Public's money came in on KC.

KC had won 11 in a row and had the defense to bother the Pats offense if you were basing that on how the Pats looked vs the Fins and Jets. I can see the money being on KC for that reason as so many questions on Pats offense and how Edelman would look.

Back