An Article for All the Haters

A huge number of people in this country believe what they believe, science be damned.

You could get the ghost of Albert Einstein to explain this and those holdout would say "you made this science up".

[ear worm alert]

Haters gonna hate hate hate

Your Never going to change there mind. They believe the pats have to cheat to win. Will come up with the stupidest excuses to say they did. Just this year it been deflate gate , headsets & now my favorite coin gate.

Sorry but no way McNally was on a diet:harumph::coffee:

~Dee~

I just get depressed when I read a simple explanation like this presented and digested simply by college students.

The media failed. Locally and nationally. Of presenting a solution to the situation dumb enough for Joe from St. Louis and Clete from Tennessee to follow.

Now we're out a 1st.

All other teams will have asterisks. You can't win fair so you've found a way again to attack the supply pipeline.

It amazed me (as someone who is not a scientist, but who has a great interest and appreciation for many fields) that there was not a more universal voice from the academic world when DFG broke. Science, I thought, was the pursuit of truth, not vulnerable to interpretation or bias.

Yet SOMEONE is wrong... obviously. And I think we all know why!

It amazed me (as someone who is not a scientist, but who has a great interest and appreciation for many fields) that there was not a more universal voice from the academic world when DFG broke. Science, I thought, was the pursuit of truth, not vulnerable to interpretation or bias.

Here's why. The Patriots have a long history of cheating. First, there was spygate, and then there was . . .

Well there you have it. No one's going to spend a lot of time trying to defend a bunch of cheaters. You all know they did it, no matter what a bunch of physics professors try to prove with math and science.

I believe the academic world did not want to get the Kensil on them from DG. I don't blame them. Anyone who tussles with the NFL comes out much worse for the ware.

... share it with all the ignorant savages out there:

Tried. I got this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I-eCX8guIVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

Right, because there's no way overweight people go on diets.

It's all the skinny, in-shape people that buy the diet books.

And talk about it in May:shrug_n::coffee:

~Dee~

Science, I thought, was the pursuit of truth, not vulnerable to interpretation or bias.

The "pursuit of truth" you have correct, but anyone whose name is not God can be biased before they even start their experiment or can misinterpret their results (or both).

The initial numbers some folks came up with ignored the fact that a standard pressure gauge measures the relative PSI difference between the inside and outside of a football, but that the Ideal Gas Law operates on the absolute PSI inside the football. There's an example of misinterpretation of results.

In addition, the NFL initially leaked false information that most of the balls tested were 2 PSI or more below regulation. I just did a quick google check for people who did their own analyses back in January or February, and most of their analyses began with this "2 PSI under" assumption. So, there's your bias.

As far as the NFL's so-called "scientific analysis" goes, I've read in multiple places that the NFL farmed the job out to a firm that is well-known in legal circles for spinning their "experimental methods" and interpretations of results in favor of the people who are paying their bills.

You might be shocked to learn that this sort of thing happens all the time. One of my Professors in grad school told me about a study one of his students had performed that attempted to show, with statistical significance, whether young drivers who had gone through Driver's Education had a lower accident rate in their first three years of driving than those who had not, as measured through the number of insurance claims filed by each group. The conclusion that this student produced ... that after accounting for other variables there was no significant difference between the two groups ... was rejected out of hand by the study's sponsor (a State Department of Transportation), who told the Professor and his student to "go back and do this study right!" This in spite of the fact that the student's methods, results, and conclusions were vetted through multiple peer reviews by well-respected experts in the fields of statistics and data analysis. :doh:

Do you really expect me to believe what a bunch of Ivy League professors say, when Bill Nye the science guy already said the Pats are cheaters?

Geez.

:shake:

He got a Master's degree in Engineering from an Ivy League school?

Howard-wolowitz-the-big-bang-theory-16865313-930-1246.jpg

Back