Are the Colts tanking the season to get Andrew Luck?

4) You say you don't want Manning to play, and yet you seem to think that him coming to play the last 2 or 3 games would be a good idea. Why would that be a good idea?
Where on earth did you get that idea?

Every Colt fan I know is terrified at the prospect of him limping back onto the field in December.

1) Painter's going to be fine once the vets on that team remember that "hey, we're pretty good players!" and try all the time to win games. They're getting to that point, but it's still amazing to me that you can almost sense the offense is waiting for Painter to take the lead. It's bizarre. Reggie Wayne is a HOW MANY TIME All-Pro? They have HOW MANY 1st round draft pick RBs? I know that line sucks, but bad lines can be worked around to win a game or 2. (See Patriots, New England 1996-00)

Maybe, but these guys all say that they love Curtis Painter. Particularly Reggie Wayne who you mention, was irate when Kerry Collins was signed and is now supposedly thrilled that Painter is in at QB.

2) The cold, dead corpse of Johnny Unitas would give Painter a run at the starting job. I don't think anyone's disagreeing with that.

Good.

3) That's still better than Jeff George/Brett Favre/Fill-in-retired-overrated QB here. (I didn't say Drew, here. Because Drew, well, Drew haz skillz.)

Brett Favre would actually probably be better than Collins/Painter.

It would just be a complete mockery and I'd rather the Colts forfeit the season.

4) You say you don't want Manning to play, and yet you seem to think that him coming to play the last 2 or 3 games would be a good idea. Why would that be a good idea?

*sigh*

Okay, now I ask you to find me where I said it would be a good idea.

I am saying that he would do better. I'm not saying that it'd be a smart idea or anything, as I think it'd be asinine. I'll break this down for you:

1) Manning, in any condition resembling what the doctors would clear him for would be better than Collins/Painter and give the Colts a better chance to win.

2) Manning will want to come back, if he's cleared, even if the Colts are 1-14. It's just his nature.

That's all. You're not going to find anything from me indicating that I think it's a wise decision to stick him out there or that I think that he's going to play amazing or that I think he's going to somehow lead some sort of miracle run to the playoffs.

Where on earth did you get that idea?

Every Colt fan I know is terrified at the prospect of him limping back onto the field in December.

What, you didn't get the memo? We all believe that Manning will come back in December and lead us to the postseason and break records in the process!!!

I mean, that's what they're saying we believe. So it must be true!

What, you didn't get the memo? We all believe that Manning will come back in December and lead us to the postseason and break records in the process!!!

Playoffs?

jim-mora.jpg

Don't talk about playoffs.

Even if everything falls the way you guys are dreaming and you get #1, how do you think you acquire him?

Do you trade Manning?

Because this isn't a Rodgers situation. This is far and away the consensus #1 overall. Not some slider who was just happy to be finally selected still in round 1 and willing to carry a clipboard for a couple years.

This kid will want to play immediately.

His agent will convince him to Eli it IMO.

And if not, the salary structure of your team is already causing crippling problems. Now couple Pay-a-tons league hi salary PLUS a #1 overall QB salary into the mix? eeek

Will not work unless PM is done.
If the Colts end up with the.#1 Luck will sign with Indy & sign quick. Won't be a problem. Now if a team offers Indy the "Ricky Williams" deal all bets are off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Isn't it?:coffee::lockbait:

The book on the Luck kid is that he can call his own plays, and we know how important that is to the Colts offense.. I wonder if he can gyrate and tap his head and yell stuff good... and throw INTs in the playoffs.

Why wouldn't any losing organization want to tank a season for a guy like Luck? The players and coaches wouldn't, but the management?

How much money, success, and national visibility has Peyton Manning brought to the Colts since they drafted him? What would have been to upside if the Colts had won one more game the year he came out?

There is no such thing as a sure thing, but while I am no expert, Luck is the best college QB I have ever seen. Manning was a gr8 prospect, but he couldn't run like Luck can.

Most Colt fans on actual Colt boards want Manning back in December, even if the Colts are 4-8 at that point.

Most Colt fans on actual Colt boards want Manning back in December, even if the Colts are 4-8 at that point.
Are you refering to a forum other than colts.com? I was over there a minute ago and I didn't see "most" of them wanting to play. I saw a few here and there and then 3 or 4 responses of "What you are thinking?"

Although, one poster over there put out an interesting idea, which is that the team has an opt out clause they could exercise after this year.

I don' think that's the case, but I have no idea

Are you refering to a forum other than colts.com? I was over there a minute ago and I didn't see "most" of them wanting to play. I saw a few here and there and then 3 or 4 responses of "What you are thinking?"

Although, one poster over there put out an interesting idea, which is that the team has an opt out clause they could exercise after this year.

I don't check Colts.com (I'll take your word for it) but I'm a regular on ColtFreaks and I can't say that anywhere close to "most" Colts fans on there want him. I check CrankyColts less frequently, but I can't imagine they're clamoring for it, knowing the culture of that board.

I mean, if he's talking about Pluck or the ESPN boards, does that even count?

I'm thing PF09 must be talking about IndyStar's board. That's the only one that "might" have posters that stupid (apologies to any that post here).

Clare said it best - The smart Colts fans post here. :toast:

If i was running their front office and i luck into the #1 draft pick and win the andrew sweepstakes well im not paying 2 qb's 90 million ( i have no idea what the rookie wagescale is set at for #1 overall ) I would opt out and let manning go to free agency.

You don't have a clue what he wants to do. You're making quite a few assumptions with no evidence to base it on.

Again, a young QB being given a few years to learn under a guy like Manning or Brady is about as ideal a situation as one can "luck" into (did you see what I did there?)

A year I think would be ideal for ALL Qb's. Maybe some snaps in blowout losses but primarily clipboard and headset. Maybe with the new cap numbers teams will revert to a healthier grooming period.

But this kid will be as ready as any to come out. And seeing a roadblock to his career in PM with at least 3 more years in front of him?

Just don't see it playing out.

Unless PM is cut. But then signing bonus comes due and I don't know what that would do to the cap structure in place.

Meh. Young did it. And that was after years of already being a starter for the LA Express and the Creamsicle Bucs.

Rodgers is another one who comes to mind who waited that long.

It doesn't happen often, but it happens. :shrug:

Both begrudgingly. Young was not a happy camper behind Montana for quite a while.

And Rodgers was led to believe Lord Fahhhvvreh's retirement would be alot sooner than when he was actually ended up being released/not re-signed.

It almost never happens with a true bonafide star in the making to sit for multiple years.

I'm just wondering what the 'Luck face' will look like.

Both begrudgingly.

Never said Luck would be happy with it. But it certainly has been done before. All the hype on Luck is really amazing though. At least Peyton Manning played against legitimate competition in the SEC.

Back