Are you happy with the Drake Maye pick?

I'm thrilled with Maye, which shouldn't be a surprise because I've been pimping him non-stop for a while now, but certainly there
are a ton of doubts out there.

I figure most people will come around on him by summer and I chalk up all the negativity to the fact that Patriot Nation is so pissed off at
how ugly last season was that they are only willing to focus on the negative views and just can't believe the primarily positive ones. Felger's pants
are breathing at the fact that his job is going to be so easy-peasy this season. Pushing fan's buttons over the Drake Maye choice is going
to be like shooting fish in a barrel for him and the rest of the media sharks. Fuck, even Ben Volin supported the pick, but he'll reverse field before
Maye ever takes one this summer. Bank on it. There are clicks to be harvested out there, so let's not get silly.

Why are people so happy for McCarthy ending up with the Vikings when they were such canny judges of QB potential that they wanted
the guy we drafted to the tune of 3 numbers ones (allegedly)? Same thing with Daboll and the Giants. It's simple. This kid has the goods
and a ton of smart football people knew it. They just didn't happen to have a 3rd pick available or he would have had no shortage of
teams excited to work with a 21-year old with major league potential.

I'm not going to argue with anybody that doesn't like the pick or thinks he should be perfect and ready to go right out of the box. This is the
same fan base where about half were pissed off at Brady for years because he replaced Bledsoe who could barely move the chains any more. Even
though he won a Super Bowl and a lot of games while steadily improving, Brady was a system QB who couldn't throw downfiela and so
forth. Of course, that was before he transcended his human form and became a celestial being made up of pure light and heat and his former
critics became devoted Tommites who knew it all along. He had a lot of doubters for YEARS when the evidence was staring us right in the
face, but here we are afraid to believe in Drake Maye, as if his future has been determined and he just doesn't have the goods.

Asking for patience is a big ask for this fanbase right now, so I'm not going to waste my time even though a lot of people way smarter than
me are advocating for the same thing.
While I'm not so sure about him, I'm hoping you are right. I'd like to see him sit for at least part of the season, rather than rushing him in.

While I'm not so sure about him, I'm hoping you are right. I'd like to see him sit for at least part of the season, rather than rushing him in.

Absolutely. It's sensible approach to the situation and requires ignoring the noise from the media, the fans, the stakeholders and stockholders
for the good of all of the above. The real question is whether Drake will cooperate by not looking too good to park on the bench while the cameras
zoom in on him every time Jacoby misses a pass that could have been better, while the networks breathlessly speculate on the big question of WHEN.

I'd be happy if he sat and did next to nothing for the whole season. But I sincerely doubt whether that is a realistic possibility in the day and age
we live in. He's probably going to take over at some point. God willin' and if the crick don't rise.

What I'm sure of is that the home folks are ready to explode when they see him actually doing the things he is capable of doing to lead us to
wins and realize that the sad state we have been existing in is now just a bad memory and it's a new day for all of us.

Ready or not, here he comes.

I just ordered a new name plate off Amazon . $30 with a Fabric adhesive separate. To avoid throwing a garbage jersey.

Last edited:
Absolutely. It's sensible approach to the situation and requires ignoring the noise from the media, the fans, the stakeholders and stockholders
for the good of all of the above. The real question is whether Drake will cooperate by not looking too good to park on the bench while the cameras
zoom in on him every time Jacoby misses a pass that could have been better, while the networks breathlessly speculate on the big question of WHEN.

I'd be happy if he sat and did next to nothing for the whole season.
But I sincerely doubt whether that is a realistic possibility in the day and age
we live in. He's probably going to take over at some point. God willin' and if the crick don't rise.

What I'm sure of is that the home folks are ready to explode when they see him actually doing the things he is capable of doing to lead us to
wins and realize that the sad state we have been existing in is now just a bad memory and it's a new day for all of us.

Ready or not, here he comes.

Me, too. Drake has too much to learn and there's way too much at stake to stick him in a game before he's ready.

They signed Brisset to be Bridge QB. Play Maye next year when they get more talent . Still huge questions on the O-line. How quickly will Rookie WRs. Take to learn & produce on Offense.

Last edited:
There really are two schools of thought regarding QBs, play them and learn OJT; sit them build the team and let them learn by doing. Two of the best ever did it both ways, Payton and Tommy. PM was handed the reigns and played, Tommy was drafted, made the team, learned, and was ready when his number was called.

Payton's rookie year he set the interception record, 28, because he started from the jump, threw the ball (3rd most yardage that year), and learned....also key, he only took 22 sacks that year,

If Maye can play, and he can be protected like that, I don't really care how he preforms as long as he shows improvement. On the other hand, D.Carr (76), B.Young (62), K.Murray (48) G.Smith (43) A.Luck (41)*** are all QBs that got the shit kicked out of them their rookie seasons, I don't want to see that. Protect him, and let him play, If you can't do that that, sit him.

*** All the listed QBs started 16 games, and were drafted in the 2000s

Back