Babalu

Heavenly Father, I ask Your continued blessing and mercy for Babalu's healing and recovery, speed his rehabilitation, comfort him and his family in their struggles, sustain their friends and care givers in Your Word to share and comfort Babs and his family in their need. Thank You for Your care for our every woe, thank You for Your promise paid for our sins with the blood and sacrifice of Your Son Jesus Christ, thank You for our death and resurrection with Christ, that through Him we may receive Your forgiveness and share with Him in Your eternal love. In the Name of Christ Jesus our Redeemer. Amen.

I just got excited reading the Packzi day thread by accident I thought Babs was posting...then I remembered that it's 2011 not 2010:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Motherfcker!

I am gonna sue MD for negligent infliction of emotional distress...if he survives Packzi Day.

Sorry I haven't sent an update in a while. Jeff has been making slow and steady progress, he's eating real food now and feeding himself and his therapy has been going pretty well. I was kinda waiting for something big to report. Unfortunately I don't have anything like that to report right now.

At 2:00 AM Friday morning, Maureen called to see if she could drop the kids off because Jeff had spiked a temperature and she was headed to MGH. Jeff's gall bladder was extremely inflamed and he was suffering from pancreatitis. They did a procedure to insert a drain in his gall bladder and they've removed a large amount if nasty fluid from it. He's starting to recover now from that infection. They'll likely remove his gall bladder when everything gets back to normal. And he'll remain at MGH for a little while. Where he goes after that is still to be decided. His time at Spaulding is likely through. Maureen and the family had been leaning towards a Neuro-Rehabilitation Center in Middleboro, but he needs to be medically stable to go to a facility like that. So, we'll have to wait and see.

On the up side, while at MGH they have stopped all of his meds except his anti-seizure meds. While the infection has him run down, he's still alert and talking, even without the neural stimulants they had him on.

More than ever, Jeff could use your positive thoughts and prayers.

Sorry I haven't sent an update in a while. Jeff has been making slow and steady progress, he's eating real food now and feeding himself and his therapy has been going pretty well. I was kinda waiting for something big to report. Unfortunately I don't have anything like that to report right now.

At 2:00 AM Friday morning, Maureen called to see if she could drop the kids off because Jeff had spiked a temperature and she was headed to MGH. Jeff's gall bladder was extremely inflamed and he was suffering from pancreatitis. They did a procedure to insert a drain in his gall bladder and they've removed a large amount if nasty fluid from it. He's starting to recover now from that infection. They'll likely remove his gall bladder when everything gets back to normal. And he'll remain at MGH for a little while. Where he goes after that is still to be decided. His time at Spaulding is likely through. Maureen and the family had been leaning towards a Neuro-Rehabilitation Center in Middleboro, but he needs to be medically stable to go to a facility like that. So, we'll have to wait and see.

On the up side, while at MGH they have stopped all of his meds except his anti-seizure meds. While the infection has him run down, he's still alert and talking, even without the neural stimulants they had him on.

More than ever, Jeff could use your positive thoughts and prayers.

The infection is disappointing, but hopefully they can clear that up before long. The fact that he is eating better and is alert without stimulants is a positive sign and I continue to pray for his recovery and hope that a return much closer to home gives him a positive boost.

Thank you, Frank.

Dear Lord, we are updated and I thank You for the positive news. I beg Your mercy continue for Bab's care, quickly healing him of these new afflictions and returning him to a therapy program which will continue his steady recovery. Please enfold Maureen and the kids and Frank and his family, and all who are playing their role in Bab's care in Your arms, keep them safe, comfort them as they deal with their burdens, guide them to Your Word for their sustenance, lift them up filled with joy for the positive, and determination to work through the negative. In the Name of He who endured suffering and death to lift us up to the joy which is Your love ... in the Name of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen

Thank you for the update Frank. Babs, get well and more prayers going out for you and your family.:toast:

THIS ALL BECAUSE A LITTLE f'N BUG....

just insane what it can do and thoughts and prayers will keep coming until Jeff himself says enough already

I thought of babs when I was filling out my benie paperwork.

Stupid little bug could have gotten us all.

Keep fighting, babs.

Frank--thanks for the update. It is always greatly appreciated.
I know that there was a fund-raiser, back a while ago and sadly, I couldn't make it. But, I've been brain-storming on organizing another one...
Is this something that would be well-received?...

If so, this is how it all started--
Mike/Patriots4ever posted on his Facebook page that he had just created a new brew and dubbed it, "Gabes Patriotic Summer Ale". Jennifer/JH commented that he should create an "Honory Babalu Brew". He concurred that it was a great idea. And then I started riffing on it from there...

First, I was wondering what flavor the Babalu Brew should be? Can you ask Jeff for his input on that, Frank? Or maybe we could do a survey of members and have Jeff choose from those?...
Then I was thinking: Babalu, beer, Patriots Planet--Let's combine them all and make a fund-raiser out of it!
I wanted to get people's reaction to it, initially, but here are the rough out-lines:

Mike creates a micro brew in honor of Jeff. (I talked to Mike and he is "in" and said, "We can DO this!)
Ideally, he whips up some batches of his other creations, too and we have a brew-tasting.
We find a sports bar (or maybe a room in the Patriots' complex) that doesn't charge for the function. (and hopefully, said bar would eventually carry the winning micro-brew.)
We have Kerry/Mr. ColdHardFootballFacts do the critique and publish it. (Thereby helping Mike to promote his micros and "re-paying" him for all of his hard work.) BTW--I haven't talk to Kerry or anyone else, except Mike, yet...
I'd be willing to cover the initial out-lay for the cost of the brew ingredients. And then all of the net proceeds could go to Jeff & his family.
If we could get Jerry/IGIG do get the WEEI guys or his Bar Stool Sports guys to do some sort of publicity, via a remote or something, then this thing could be big.
I'd ask JoePhoto if he could either videograph or photograph the event and use his connections with community channels to share/air the event.

That's my rough idea right now. If anyone else has something that they could bring to the table, as it were--Then that would be great... The main thrust being, that we raise some funds and shine the light on this matter. Any business owner would be crazy to not want to host something like this. Afterall--it is for a great cause and shows that Patriots Nation takes care of its own...
So, what say ye?!... ~Peg :)

I think it sounds great, Peg!

I was thinking about mentioning some sort of fundraiser, but I don't have any connections. I guess I do being a part of this place! I forgot about all the awesome folks we have here (how could I :thwak:).

Since babs pretty much inspired all the home-brewers here, maybe all of them could participate?

Frank--thanks for the update. It is always greatly appreciated.
I know that there was a fund-raiser, back a while ago and sadly, I couldn't make it. But, I've been brain-storming on organizing another one...
Is this something that would be well-received?...

If so, this is how it all started--
Mike/Patriots4ever posted on his Facebook page that he had just created a new brew and dubbed it, "Gabes Patriotic Summer Ale". Jennifer/JH commented that he should create an "Honory Babalu Brew". He concurred that it was a great idea. And then I started riffing on it from there...

First, I was wondering what flavor the Babalu Brew should be? Can you ask Jeff for his input on that, Frank? Or maybe we could do a survey of members and have Jeff choose from those?...
Then I was thinking: Babalu, beer, Patriots Planet--Let's combine them all and make a fund-raiser out of it!
I wanted to get people's reaction to it, initially, but here are the rough out-lines:

Mike creates a micro brew in honor of Jeff. (I talked to Mike and he is "in" and said, "We can DO this!)
Ideally, he whips up some batches of his other creations, too and we have a brew-tasting.
We find a sports bar (or maybe a room in the Patriots' complex) that doesn't charge for the function. (and hopefully, said bar would eventually carry the winning micro-brew.)
We have Kerry/Mr. ColdHardFootballFacts do the critique and publish it. (Thereby helping Mike to promote his micros and "re-paying" him for all of his hard work.) BTW--I haven't talk to Kerry or anyone else, except Mike, yet...
I'd be willing to cover the initial out-lay for the cost of the brew ingredients. And then all of the net proceeds could go to Jeff & his family.
If we could get Jerry/IGIG do get the WEEI guys or his Bar Stool Sports guys to do some sort of publicity, via a remote or something, then this thing could be big.
I'd ask JoePhoto if he could either videograph or photograph the event and use his connections with community channels to share/air the event.

That's my rough idea right now. If anyone else has something that they could bring to the table, as it were--Then that would be great... The main thrust being, that we raise some funds and shine the light on this matter. Any business owner would be crazy to not want to host something like this. Afterall--it is for a great cause and shows that Patriots Nation takes care of its own...
So, what say ye?!... ~Peg :)
I can donate another box of cigars for auction if we do this. My wife and I are not working and cigars from my collection are the best I can do since my medical care is costing so much. I will do anything that I can to help. Paul

I think it sounds great, Peg!

I was thinking about mentioning some sort of fundraiser, but I don't have any connections. I guess I do being a part of this place! I forgot about all the awesome folks we have here (how could I :thwak:).

Since babs pretty much inspired all the home-brewers here, maybe all of them could participate?

OT--Since I'm not around much, like I was in the "olden days", I didn't realize that we had budding brew-masters in the making, in our membership. Perhaps it could be structured as a contest and the winning selection gets the honor of being named the Babalu Brew of 2011?! Or the "Original Babalu Brew" or something like that.
Thanks for the awesome input here!

Karen/Bruschifan1 used to make a Bruschi Brew every year and they created a new label for each year, as well. Maybe she could create something for this...

And don't beat yourself up! I've gotten to know most of the original Planeteers, in person, when we first started doing Draft Day Parties and tail-gating, etc... That's why I tend to refer to them by their given names, rather than their nick-names here...
And for the record--You don't have to have any connections to organize a fund-raiser (although it helps!) Just being willing to pitch in and take part is huge. Thanks! :)

I can donate another box of cigars for auction if we do this. My wife and I are not working and cigars from my collection are the best I can do since my medical care is costing so much. I will do anything that I can to help. Paul

Oh, dear Paul! That is incredibly generous of you--especially given the circumstances. Be well!
I wasn't invisioning doing an auction, but if we can get some items donated, then perhaps we could structure it as a Silent Auction? If so, then I'd ask that someone step up, to organize that aspect of the fund-raiser...

Peg what kind of items would work or would you be looking for? I am not sure I have anything worthy to offer but if you can give me a heads up I can surely look or ask around here

Peg what kind of items would work or would you be looking for? I am not sure I have anything worthy to offer but if you can give me a heads up I can surely look or ask around here

Hey, Muse--When it comes to items for a Silent Auction, the items can run the whole gamut. Be creative. Sports themed? Cool, but not required...
Something large? No problem--just take a pic of it...
Maybe we can get some donations from the Pro-Shop or something... The more I think about it, it would be nice to get some players involved in this. I wonder if Ted Johnson would take my call?!... ;)

Again--if anyone would like to step up and be the contact person for the auction part, then that would be greatly appreciated.

I just remembered that a photographer friend of mine from Plymouth, NH once offered to give me a HUGE, SIGNED photograph of Ty Law, from back in the day. I wonder if he still has it. (FTR--I declined, as I didn't have any place to put it.) I'll call him and see what's up with that...

Back