BB Hates Technology

One more thing about technology - it takes quite a bit of tech to get printed color photographs in an NFL coach's hands in a few minutes.

If you don't think that's true, try producing a sheet of paper all by yourself. It has taken a couple of thousand of years of development, all over the planet, to get high-quality paper production to a state where it's taken for granted.

After you've got paper production going, turn your hand to building a camera. And not one that uses film, a digital camera. The "film" of a digital camera is a CCD (charge-coupled device). These things didn't even exist until 1969. It takes a pretty sophisticated fabrication house to create CCDs - you'll need million of dollars to get all the equipment you need, just to get started.

My conclusion: Belichick doesn't "hate" technology - he, like many others, relies upon it to help him achieve success in his profession.

And if you're reliant on something that's high-tech, that tech has to be reliable, otherwise it could fail when you need it most. Photographs on paper is a reliable tech - photographs on a Microsoft tablet using an NFL-supplied app, not so much.

The other thing is that brilliant people who are very successful in their work tend to focus only on things that help them achieve their goals and rely on others whose expertise is outside that for the other things that don't. Our former company had a CEO who was totally a self made man, just a great businessman. My husband was the fleet manager of his vehicles. This CEO had absolutely NO IDEA what the little snowflake meant on a button inside his car. Was he dumb? No, obviously not. He just had no need to take up space in his brain knowing stuff like that. His son might have known what the button was, but couldn't find his ass with both hands and an LED flashlight.

BB is given a tool, told it works this way and when it doesn't, he has no use for it. It doesn't mean he hates technology, it means he has no time to waste fvcking with it and hoping it will work.

One more thing about technology - it takes quite a bit of tech to get printed color photographs in an NFL coach's hands in a few minutes.

If you don't think that's true, try producing a sheet of paper all by yourself. It has taken a couple of thousand of years of development, all over the planet, to get high-quality paper production to a state where it's taken for granted.

After you've got paper production going, turn your hand to building a camera. And not one that uses film, a digital camera. The "film" of a digital camera is a CCD (charge-coupled device). These things didn't even exist until 1969. It takes a pretty sophisticated fabrication house to create CCDs - you'll need million of dollars to get all the equipment you need, just to get started.

My conclusion: Belichick doesn't "hate" technology - he, like many others, relies upon it to help him achieve success in his profession.

And if you're reliant on something that's high-tech, that tech has to be reliable, otherwise it could fail when you need it most. Photographs on paper is a reliable tech - photographs on a Microsoft tablet using an NFL-supplied app, not so much.
no shit. Stop being a dick wad with this technology debate.

You. I. Everyone knows what the intent was. Cut the shit and stop reading into it more than it is.

****ing joke

He seems to be ok with videotaping technology...

:stirpot:

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Mikie's finally fed up with our shit. It was going to happen eventually.

Neopolitan did it too... :shrug_n:

O_P_T posted this link in another thread, but I think it belongs in this one, too.

It's an article by Reiss about how the Patriots are using GPS technology to track how much each player has done in practice and when to give players a break.

O_P_T posted this link in another thread, but I think it belongs in this one, too.

It's an article by Reiss about how the Patriots are using GPS technology to track how much each player has done in practice and when to give players a break.

GPSGate.

Is it similar to those ShitBit thingies? :shrug_n:

That has to be a joke. Has to be. If it's not then I give up. The NFL is dead to me.

It's a lot to take, but I've come to believe that the NFL just can't beat Belichick at his own game.

The harder they try the worse they'll look and each attempt at one-upmanship by them that fails is a thing to cherish and treasure, not mention fvcking HILARIOUS.

Bill is one man standing alone that cannot be defeated because he is smarter and cannier than all of them put together.

If this really IS a thing, which I highly doubt.....then, by all mean, bring it on.

It's a lot to take, but I've come to believe that the NFL just can't beat Belichick at his own game.

The harder they try the worse they'll look and each attempt at one-upmanship by them that fails is a thing to cherish and treasure, not mention fvcking HILARIOUS.

Bill is one man standing alone that cannot be defeated because he is smarter and cannier than all of them put together.

If this really IS a thing, which I highly doubt.....then, by all mean, bring it on.

I have always believed the adage that "the camel is an animal designed by a committee."

What we have here is Bill vs. the camel makers.

Cheers

Back