Belichicodered Press Conference Transcript from 01/09/13

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
(The Belichicoder is a device which I invented and have patented and which can take the words of Bill Belichick and translate them into what he would have said had he been telling the truth)

BB: We're rolling right into the week here and have, obviously, a huge challenge in front of us in the Texans. I've been watching a lot of film, done a lot of analysis and I've come to the conclusion that they are real good in all three phases. They run the ball good, pass the ball good, defend well, blitz well and their players are talented, humble, hard-working and not bad looking. Their coaching staff represents sort of a pinnacle, an apex, if you will, of the art of coaching. All. Three. Phases. Good. That's a darn good team right there.

Of course, we, on the other hand, are better than them in every concievable way.

Q: What are some of the unique challenges you have preparing for a team you have played so recently?

BB: Keeping the guys awake is one issue. I tend to repeat the same things over and over during the course of a long season and I've been trying to modulate my voice to throw them off a little. I mean.....it's the same words and all, but if I can change the cadence and emphasis by getting louder and softer or change speeds then sometimes I'll see them start to nod off and then come to all of a sudden. I'm working on it.

Q: How would you describe Arian Foster's running style?

BB: How would I describe it? Well, if I was speaking as myself I'd probably say he's good, he's fast, he's solid in the passing game-- a well-rounded player or something of that nature, but I get a sense that isn't really what you're after, so, being a guy that tries to make the job of the media easier at all times I'd describe him as what the french call "je ne sais quoi" which kind of means "I don't know what", but really means that he just has that certain something. Of course if I was a poet I might describe him as a chimera, a ghost of light and shadow as elusive as a forgotten dream. If I was just a guy from Massachusetts sitting in the stands I might just say the guy is pissa. There are a lot of ways to describe Arian depending on your frame of reference.

Q: How about his patience?

BB: Oh, here we go......I put a lot of thought into that last answer and now you want more. Look, I don't know if he's patient or not. The guy runs with the football and catches the football and he's pretty fvcking good at it. Anybody need anything else on Foster or do I get to go back to the film room at some point before Sunday?

Q: When you consider the finality of playoff games where one mistake can send you home, is it important to amplify that for the players so they know that things can end quickly if they make a mistake but making sure they're still aggressive?

BB: Sure. I just tell them to be agressive, but don't fvck it up or next summer you'll be trying to impress the new coach in Buffalo. I know he's from Syracuse, but honestly I don't even know what his name is. I'll have to ask Chandler when I see him because I should know that. Barrone? Buffoon? something like that. Chip told me they could have guaranteed him a hundred million and he wasn't planning on coaching up in that shithole, which I was pretty happy to hear. We won't have to worry about them for the next three years or so.

Q: Is there a way to emphasize that they still have to go out there and play and not play conservatively?

BB: You have to put it in terms that the players can relate to. I like to use the analogy that they are in a bar near closing time and they have to make a move if they want to get some company for the night. Let's say they see themselves as a "7" and so the question becomes should they hit on 9's or 10's and maybe strike out completely? or go for a 6 and take the surer bet, but end up getting a lot of crap from Gronkowski in the locker room come monday morning? At very least nobody falls asleep when I put it that way,

Q: Tom Brady has been the starting quarterback for 16 playoff wins. What do you see from him on a daily basis that has led to that success?

BB: Tom is a really smart player with a lot of skill and leadership, but I think it's his voice as much as anything else. Tom is a very competitive guy and whenever somebody makes a mistake in practice or a game that he thinks ruined a play he will get really loud and whiny and I'm telling you that voice of his gets right under guy's skins. I think players tend to be really careful not to upset him because they can't stand listening to him screeching all the time. Believe me, it's easier to just get it right. I mean, he can really pitch a fit. It's unbelievable.

Q: When you have had a degree of success like you did back in December, what is the fine line between trying to repeat what worked well and trying to throw in new wrinkles?

BB: First off, that was just one of those games where everything we tried worked no matter what it was. They were stumbling all over themselves just to do things like line up properly, which is pretty unbelievable for a team that was 11-1 coming in. For instance, I'd have to be crazy to work another long bomb to Stallworth into the game plan because if I did and it worked again then everybody would probably pass out from shock. Just faint dead on the spot. I'm not even sure if Donte even took any snaps for us this season prior to that. Next thing you know there he goes off to the races. Chances are we will try to work some short passes into Wes or do something equally unexpected on Sunday and have Donte as our 5th option on the 5 or 6 plays he is on the field for. Something like that.

Q: In giving them three days off, was it your intention just to let them get away to quiet their minds and bodies?

BB: It's different for different guys. Wilfork was trying to connect with his inner child in a sensory deprivation tank. Welker flew to Hilton Head and shot an 81 after drinking 8 bloody marys, which is like shooting a 71. Giselle had Brady involved with another one of her new-age healing yoga things so he should be well-rested. Most of them just came in to the facility as usual and sat around looking sort of lost. Even Chad Johnson showed up so we had to get security involved to get him out of there. Some guys take the news that they've been cut differently than others, but Chad has struggled with it quite a bit.

Q: Have you ever seen an example of a playoff game where a team that was doing one thing during the regular season switched completely what they were doing for a playoff game? Is that dangerous for any team to do?

BB: I've seen it happen a few times and it's not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing really. Houston could decide that they are going to abandon the ground game and have T.J. Yates throw deep to Johnson 40 times and hope he catches 5 for scores or play Watt at cornerback or both ways or something like that, but I don't think we'll see anything nearly that radical no matter how bad we pounded them in December.

I was watching some film of an All-America Conference game from '47 recently where the Chicago Rockets were playing the Los Angeles Dons at the coliseum under similar circumstances to what we're facing Sunday and the Dons coach Big Bob Zwillingen scrapped his wing-T offense before the game and installed an early version of the Flexbone, but they lost that one, I think 44-13 or 14, so it's not always a good idea to get stupid at the last minute as history shows you.

I can't speak to what Houston will do, but we'll probably throw to Wes and Gronk a bunch, toss in a few screens to Woody on 3rd down and review the game-plan for Peyton at halftime and...... (BB's cell phone rings) Wait a second fellas.......shit....It's Chad again. I gotta take this.

Q: Is there a way to emphasize that they still have to go out there and play and not play conservatively?

BB: You have to put in terms that the players can relate to. I like to use the analogy that they are in a bar near closing time and they have to make a move if they want to get some company for the night. Let's say they see themselves as a "7" and so the question becomes should they hit on 9's or 10's and maybe strike out completely? or go for a 6 and take the surer bet, but end up getting a lot of crap from Gronkowski in the locker room come monday morning? At very least nobody falls asleep when I put it that way,

Q: Tom Brady has been the starting quarterback for 16 playoff wins. What do you see from him on a daily basis that has led to that success?

BB: Tom is a really smart player with a lot of skill and leadership, but I think it's his voice as much as anything else. Tom is a very competitive guy and whenever somebody makes a mistake in practice or a game that he thinks ruined a play he will get really loud and whiny and I'm telling you that voice of his gets right under guy's skins. I think players tend to be really careful not to upset him because they can't stand listening to him screeching all the time. Believe me, it's easier to just get it right. I mean, he can really pitch a fit. It's unbelievable.

ROFL...my faves. TB can get a little screechy can't he?
I MISSED THE BELICHICODER!!!
Great work as usual, Hawg!

J, M & J ROFL ROFL ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

BB: We're rolling right into the week here and have, obviously, a huge challenge in front of us in the Texans. I've been watching a lot of film, done a lot of analysis and I've come to the conclusion that they are real good in all three phases. They run the ball good, pass the ball good, defend well, blitz well and their players are talented, humble, hard-working and not bad looking. Their coaching staff represents sort of a pinnacle, an apex, if you will, of the art of coaching. All. Three. Phases. Good. That's a darn good team right there.

Of course, we, on the other hand, are better than them in every concievable way.

I can't speak to what Houston will do, but we'll probably throw to Wes and Gronk a bunch, toss in a few screens to Woody on 3rd down and review the game-plan for Peyton at halftime and...... (BB's cell phone rings) Wait a second fellas.......shit....It's Chad again. I gotta take this.

My favorite parts.

ROFL

I HAVE to put a link to this on the Texans board and wait for one of them to "get" it. It could take pages.....

...so it's not always a good idea to get stupid at the last minute as history shows you.
That line is great.

Kudos to you, Hawg. These are always well-crafted and entertaining, but this one is a masterpiece.

Q: How would you describe Arian Foster's running style?

BB: How would I describe it? Well, if I was speaking as myself I'd probably say he's good, he's fast, he's solid in the passing game-- a well-rounded player or something of that nature, but I get a sense that isn't really what you're after, so, being a guy that tries to make the job of the media easier at all times I'd describe him as what the french call "je ne sais quoi" which kind of means "I don't know what", but really means that he just has that certain something. Of course if I was a poet I might describe him as a chimera, a ghost of light and shadow as elusive as a forgotten dream. If I was just a guy from Massachusetts sitting in the stands I might just say the guy is pissa. There are a lot of ways to describe Arian depending on your frame of reference.
Q: How about his patience?

BB: Oh, here we go......I put a lot of thought into that last answer and now you want more. Look, I don't know if he's patient or not. The guy runs with the football and catches the football and he's pretty fvcking good at it. Anybody need anything else on Foster or do I get to go back to the film room at some point before Sunday?​

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

:clap:

Back