Bill and Kraft part ways

I could see BB bringing in Josh McD and maybe someone else, perhaps maybe even Nick Saban as an advisor?

will be interesting to see what kind of staff he puts together

I honestly thought BB would finish out his career here.

Not something I was really prepared to see. I assumed Kraft would give Bill, deservedly so, a last attempt at a swan song. But it appears to not be the case.

Sad.

Me too. I found all of the speculation to be a little odd because I didn't think he would leave.

I'm very surprised.

This feels really strange, almost surreal. Hopefully Bill gets the best send off possible. I am really interested to see where he goes and if the Atlanta rumors are true. Maybe he was talking to Brady about the NFC South.

Anyways, he is the GOAT and we were blessed to have him at the helm of the greatest run in NFL history.

View: https://media3.giphy.com/media/d6KFXyl8QzeZP7iRET/giphy.gif

Do either of his sons follow BB? He could get away with it if he promoted them

McDaniels ends up being the coach. Brady comes out of retirement, and they spend like crazy on offensive weapons, and we win 10 Super Bowls in a row, and then Brady retires again.

My dream is Bill stays on as an advisor, stepping into like the Ernie Adams role and the new coach (Vrabel) being able to utilize his vast knowledge during practice and game day. There is so much knowledge and so much he can notice that can help during a game.

He should retire a Patriot, even moreso than Brady.
1704983394991.png

I don't want to see him coach anywhere either. Bill thank you for all you did for us fans. What are the odds he goes to another team and brings them to a SB? Ugh
That would be so cool!!!!!!

He and TFB each find success elsewhere. Cement their Dynamic Duo-ship.

I'm all for him taking on the Dolphins as HC and bringing Brady onboard as Brady once wanted.

I know he wants to coach but I'd love to see Bill end up on TV. Not in a Jimmy Johnson role so much as an Andy Rooney-like segment. I think it would be must see TV.

Of course. Some rEaL fAnS will try to throw shade at anyone who cheers for Bill to win with Atlanta, LAC, or the Redskins. Fuck em.
Big difference between Brady shooting his way out of town unethically and what's going on with Bill Belichick right now. I feel unencumbered to root for Bill if he goes somewhere else.

Last edited:
Bill might wait a few weeks to see how the playoffs go because he could get a shot at the Cowboys. Ugh.....imagine our Bill in Dallas???

It was time for a fresh start. That being said, for a 4 win team the Patriots have a lot going for them: IMHO they had worse than usual injury luck which helped turn a middling/bad team into a top 3 draft pick, which was fortuitous as they now have the most draft capital that they've had in over 20 years. Bill also leaves behind the most future cap space of any team in the NFL. With their schedule and a little luck they can be decent next year.

My fear is that the new regime will over compensate to make up for last year and will Dombrowski the he'll out of free agency and mortgage the future (without winning a championship).

This is a sad finality of the dynasty years for me.
RKK gave us so much hope when he bought the franchise so many years ago. He, BB and TB had unprecedented success that will go down in NFL lore as the greatest run ever.

Now many are telling me Robert will hand the reins over to Jonathan at the noon press conference. If that is so, it makes perfect sense for Belichick to leave the Patriots now.
Jonathan is not his father. This will be a different Patriots organization with Jonathan in control. Bank that.

Can Bill still coach? Yes and he should if that's what he wants to do. He's an East Coast guy so he'll favor East Coast teams. Atlanta already said they're interested. Tampa Bay would be
very interesting. My pick for him would be the Bills but I'm almost certain any pkg put together by the Krafts will forbid any AFC E team. Imagine what he could do with Miami! The Raiders are interested. There will be others.

I do want him to continue coaching and beat Shula's record. I'll be a fan wherever he goes. I'd love to see him win a SB, too.

Their presser today is must see TV. What they say may be crucial to how Patriots fans end up viewing this move whether they were for or against BB being fired. It's more complicated than just a mutual agreement to part ways imo. Is this a complete reboot from the top down? If so, I see a minimum of 2 years of losing no matter who comes in as GM and HC.

I have long feared the day RKK would hand the team to his son. There's a reason we've heard little from Jonathan in public over the last 24 years.
Hopefully this is not that day.

Back