Bill and Kraft part ways

FAs likely impacted by this:
Spitballing, I'd say Bourne, Pharaoh, Zeke, Reagor, Austin, Jennings all much more likely to follow BB than stay here. At least, less likely to stay here. He'll have to wait a year for Peppers.

We go back to having exactly zero differentiators to draw free agents.
More than that, but yeah…and also Babooshka is cheap too.

I agree with the last part but Jennings, Reagor and Pharaoh aren't big losses. Bourne stays imo. Say they go MHJ in the first. MHJ, Higgins/Pittman, Pop and Boutte isn't a bad WR core. Not bad at all. Combine that with a legit D and a solid QB you might start to have a differentiator.
Babooshka might seriously want to keep Mac Jones and start him. Not joking.

Stupid prediction:

Vrabel comes on as GM/Head coach and Mayo is Assistant head coach and defensive coordinator. Mayo is groomed to take on HC duties under Vrabel and when ready, Vrabel steps into the full GM role. Vrabel will get plenty of help in the personnel department and won't be given all of the power to start. More of a committee approach after what we are moving away from with Belichick.

A new OC is brought in. I have no idea who, but it won't be McDaniels or BoB.

BB goes to the Cowboys for shits and giggles, and wins them a SB where Parcells could not. He gets another SB, beats Shula's record, and then retires to Martha's Vineyard, perhaps making the occasional media appearance and having BB day at Gillette. The Belichick Boys go with him, Steve is DC.

Because this is my silly prediction, very little of it has a chance of coming true, and we will end up with McDaniels as HC.

Last edited:
My random thought for everyone to ponder is , having the 3rd pick and looking for a QB , what top round QB is sitting there thinking " I hope I get drafted by the Pats " ?. I mean , seriously !.Some top round pick would want to come to this dumpster fire where they will wallow in years of rebuild and disfunction and probably get the snot knocked out of them ,
maybe sustain a career ending injury.By the time he has a shot at a SB , his career could be half over.

The only part of this team that's not enemic is the defense , but wait , you just fired one of the best defense guys in history.Which by the way , is the guy that many players have cited as being the reason they wanted to play for New England.Sure ,fire BB .... what could possibly go wrong ?.

This is a great podcast from Chris Long. Talking about his time with the Patriots and Bill and how fantastic the players that Bill brings in, are. He says he's still friends with a whole load of players like Hightower, Jules, Dev, Amedndola, Slates, Nino, etc. He says he'll talk to Jules on the phone for an hour as he did last week; he'll be talking to Ninko at 2am on the phone. Slates is on the board of his charity.

This is the Patriot way that I'm concerned that we will now lose. The sheer quality if the men that Bill brought in. Huge characters, unreal attitude and commitment.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_YJhpDmeM

Stupid prediction:

Vrabel comes on as GM/Head coach and Mayo is Assistant head coach and defensive coordinator. Mayo is groomed to take on HC duties under Vrabel and when ready, Vrabel steps into the full GM role. Vrabel will get plenty of help in the personnel department and won't be given all of the power to start. More of a committee approach after what we are moving away from with Belichick.

A new OC is brought in. I have no idea who, but it won't be McDaniels or BoB.

BB goes to the Cowboys for shits and giggles, and wins them a SB where Parcells could not. He gets another SB, beats Shula's record, and then retires to Martha's Vineyard, perhaps making the occasional media appearance and having BB day at Gillette. The Belichick Boys go with him, Steve is DC.

Because this is my silly prediction, very little of it has a chance of coming true, and we will end up with McDaniels as HC.
BB to Dallas would be interesting to watch, not that i think it will happen

Stupid prediction:

This is the silliest part. Why would he ever leave Nantucket? :coffee:

He accounted for a lot of those 'without Brady' wins. 7th round pick, never took a snap in college..ended up as a pro bowler with a big contract. Not bad.
and one of many starting qbs developed by bb's team...despite having the goat qb who rarely missed games.

see...i'm tearing up from this. this is the stuff that gets me. 🥺
keion white is a patriot...❤
well what it used to mean to be a patriot.

I remember that play. Keion had penetrated and hit the hell out of a running back, separating him from the ball. I believe White
thought it more important to pin the back down so he couldn't scoop it up and after a long beat somebody came in and
recovered for us. The pic showed Bill not showering the rookie with praise for a big play but telling him that next time he has
to just go for the ball. White took it as a teaching moment and instead of being offended and looking for a pat on the back, he
just nodded that he understood with full eye contact.

His post shows that the kid, who has been like a sponge since he got here took it the correct way and one of these days we might
get a win out of that lesson. I look forward to seeing what Keion White is going to become. He could be a special player.

He accounted for a lot of those 'without Brady' wins. 7th round pick, never took a snap in college..ended up as a pro bowler with a big contract. Not bad.
OMG, this just makes me realize how bad things have gotten.... I would give anything for the Pats to have a QB even as capable as Matt Cassel right now. 🤦‍♂️

Back