Brady after the game

Talking about clutch. How about Philip Rivers against "the worst corner in the league".

14 for 32. "Clutch"

Well, at least he doesn't dink and dunk. Oops, 7.2 per completion. That's quite a cannon there. People were admitting that Brady had a bad game but what about Mr. Pro Bowler? That was quite a Pro Bowl performance. My favorite was listening to him almost crying and screeching like a little girl at Hobbs. I don't think my voice has gone that high since I was 6 or 7. lol

Fully Tilted on 01-22-2007 at 01:15 PM said:
Or more to the point--if Brady had 1 minute longer, I don't believe he tries to force that pass.
Which brings up BB’s fantastic clock management during the Colt’s game winning drive. But that is another topic for another thread. I have already been warned about highjacking threads. So as you were…

I think the Colts-Pats rivalry is a great thing. A edge on the field and tough plays from both sides. After the game though, no tantrums, mutual respect. Just as it should be.

Not sure about the BB thing, would have been nice to at least shake Manning's/Dungy's hand. I guess that moody streak is why he's a winner as a coach though, hates losing. The players seemed fine with each other.

Plus, it felt right not to see the Pats for too long. It was finally The Colts and Manning going to the big dance and that was rightly the focus after the game.

Well done the Colts and Manning. Now beat the Bears! I have 6 New Englanders feeling very sorry for themselves in my front room.

I look forward to next season, watching CJ yack and yack and then drop balls in crucial games, wondering which player will be arrested for getting into a fight with himself next and ultimately seeing the season amount to nothing due to the suckiness of our D. After which we'll have to hear Carson palmer say we were the better team than the Ravens, Steeler, Broncos, etc etc. Then a couple of weeks on from that, another Colts-Pats playoff game.

I fear change.

Tigger on 01-22-2007 at 01:20 PM said:
Not sure about the BB thing, would have been nice to at least shake Manning's/Dungy's hand. I guess that moody streak is why he's a winner as a coach though, hates losing. The players seemed fine with each other.

Dude...

BB HUGGED Dungy after the game.

I'll never understand all this obsession with what type of handshakes there are, and how people arrive at their conclusions about them.

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 01:19 PM said:
Which brings up BB’s fantastic clock management during the Colt’s game winning drive. But that is another topic for another thread. I have already been warned about highjacking threads. So as you were…

Well gee, thanks for "leaving me as I was" but you're more on topic now then you were before--but that's just subjective opinion.

So you'd ask him about clock management then? I'd ask Phillip Rivers the same thing.

Now, for Marty, I think the Q & A session might take too long...

Undertaker #59 on 01-22-2007 at 06:23 PM said:
Dude...

BB HUGGED Dungy after the game.

I'll never understand all this obsession with what type of handshakes there are, and how people arrive at their conclusions about them.

Oh ok, it was almost 3 a.m here and I was slightly merry. Reading some posts on here it seemed like he didn't. I wasn't trying to cast aspersions about BB. This "people" wouldn't do something like that over an inconsequential thing.

Undertaker #59 on 01-22-2007 at 01:23 PM said:
For anyone else in the league, I doubt anyone cares. BB, by not being a bigger man over the whole Mangini thing, brought this upon himself.

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 01:06 PM said:
Very true, but those clutch quarterbacks and their fans don’t typically point to those games as examples of how good they are under pressure. Bledsoe11 did exactly that, which was why I had to ask if he was kidding.

When did I say he was clutch last night? My earlier reference was regarding his whole body of work, not just last night.

Brady has nothing left to prove when it comes to "clutch" play. When he got the ball with one minute to go last night, I said to my wife it wasn't going to happen. 48 seconds against that D with the receivers he had wasn't a high probability - even for him.

He has proven to me to be a class player that makes big plays in the clutch over the last 5 years. Last night we saw a new side to him, with how he handled a big game loss (which was my original point).

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 01:35 PM said:
For anyone else in the league, I doubt anyone cares. BB, by not being a bigger man over the whole Mangini thing, brought this upon himself.

Again...more nitpicking over a fricken' hand shake? This is football.

He shook Mangini's hand, what else do you want?

Who are you to judge the dynamic of their relationship, past, present or future? Who is anyone else to trudge up on the soap box and wax very unpoetically about it?

The only two people who truly understand the rift and how large or small it is, was or ever will be is Belicheck and Mangini.

I have to say, I love how the only knock against the coach of the football team that I love is his attire and handshakes! It says quite a bit about his accolades earned. Thank you Belicheck.

Undertaker #59 on 01-22-2007 at 12:56 PM said:
If you want to change your name, just let us know.

No need to change my name. I also still have a great deal of respect for Drew. I have had the pleasure of watching some great quarterbacks that also carry themselves well off the field - Grogan, Bledsoe and Brady.

I saw the moment where BB allegedly "dissed" Manning. Before I find fault with BB, I have to ask if they hadn't already met and were bumping into each other a second time as Manning headed back to the presentation and BB was leaving Dungy? TV cameras are great liars because of their narrow focus and limited window in time.

You always see players crossing the field one way to meet the opposition, then returning, since BB is my favorite coach, I feel no need to "hop" to conclusions Preechy, so I'll consider some alternatives as it certainly didn't look like Peyton was making an effort to stop and talk to Bill there.

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 12:56 PM said:
Blowing an 18 point lead is not clutch. Now I know many people were involved, but when Payton and Co were moving the chains in the second half and putting up points, Tom Brady didn’t respond. In the final drive, Tom Brady misread the pass coverage and through an interception. That is not clutch. The guy I was responding to admitted to not liking Brady at one point, so I wanted to see if a Patriots fan would admit what the world watched.

Admit what? That he couldn't succeed in a no-win situation -> 80 yards with 48 seconds against a fast defense with no high quality receiver? He didn't need 50 yards for a field goal to tie - he needed 80 and a TD.

He made his plays throughout the game. He hit Watson on a great out that6 was taken away by the Brown penalty. He made a good throw to Caldwell that he plain dropped.

So what did the world see last night?

Box_O_Rocks on 01-22-2007 at 01:47 PM said:
I saw the moment where BB allegedly "dissed" Manning. Before I find fault with BB, I have to ask if they hadn't already met and were bumping into each other a second time as Manning headed back to the presentation and BB was leaving Dungy? TV cameras are great liars because of their narrow focus and limited window in time.

You always see players crossing the field one way to meet the opposition, then returning, since BB is my favorite coach, I feel no need to "hop" to conclusions Preechy, so I'll consider some alternatives as it certainly didn't look like Peyton was making an effort to stop and talk to Bill there.

Interesting perspective--didn't think of that. I don't feel that was it though because judging by Manning's reaction to BB, it seemed like it was the initial meeting on the field. Belicheck recoiled slightly and PM, as a stand up guy, just moved on. I don't fault Belicheck all that much--I didn't expect a man hug and kiss but it would have been respectful to shake his hand.

Judging by the reports, it sounds as if BB extended his congratulations more formally in the tunnel.

Undertaker #59 on 01-22-2007 at 01:38 PM said:
Again...more nitpicking over a fricken' hand shake? This is football.

He shook Mangini's hand, what else do you want?

I think people wanted to see BB hug and kiss Dungy the way Herm did.

I could care less.

Bill could have thrown his headset at Manning, took a swing at Tony Dungy, dropped trousers and relieved himself on the mid field logo and I would the same feeling I do now.

I watch football to see wins, not hugs and handshakes. I was actually impressed Bill Gave Tony a hug, real or staged.

Anyone else find the Press conferance and interview with Solomon Wilcox a bit well...sureal.

It was like BB really didn't believe he saw what he just saw.

jaric on 01-22-2007 at 02:18 PM said:
I could care less.

Bill could have thrown his headset at Manning, took a swing at Tony Dungy, dropped trousers and relieved himself on the mid field logo and I would the same feeling I do now.

I watch football to see wins, not hugs and handshakes. I was actually impressed Bill Gave Tony a hug, real or staged.

Anyone else find the Press conferance and interview with Solomon Wilcox a bit well...sureal.

It was like BB really didn't believe he saw what he just saw.

When the team loses, that's the way BBs conference is, short and not much to say.

#1Patsfan_chica on 01-22-2007 at 02:22 PM said:
When the team loses, that's the way BBs conference is, short and not much to say.
Oh I know that, Hell even when he wins if you didn't watch the game you would figure he was the losing coach more often than not.

But last night just...he looked like his mind was telling him one thing, and his eyes were telling him another.

Just looked bizarre is all.

Poor wittle Charger fan. Still trying to hang on to his wittle we're classy/the Pats aren't classy bone. ROFL

Hey if it helps you sleep better at night right. :p

BTW, you're right about one thing. Brady's performance at the end of the game was not clutch. Now the week before in San Diego, now that was clutch. :D

Back