Brady after the game

I TIVO'd the game.

Brady went over to PM after the game. The camera shot picks him up right after he runs away

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 12:52 AM said:
I missed it the first time, and Mrs. Preechr said “did you see that?” We have a DVR, so rewinding it isn’t that big of a deal. For the record, Mrs. Preechr was rooting for the Pats. She doesn’t like Manning at all.

Well OK because I thought you were obsessing on it or something.

Now do something nice for Mrs. P. to cheer her up!

I missed this interview but this was posted on an NFL board by a Colt fan:

posted by kitekrazy

Please don't diss Tom Brady

If you heard the interview before the game he was asked what if Manning makes it to the Suoer Bowl.

He said he would root for Manning all the way.

They're friends.

To me it looked like Brady was fighting back some emotions and wanted to get out of there.

I'm sure he's taking it hard, like it's all his fault. This game and last year with the Broncos he did throw interceptions to end the post season run. He seems to be very hard on himself and I wouldn't be surprised if he went into recluse mode for awhile (either from the loss or the inablility to get out of bed because of a supermodel on top of you :) )

I almost want to root for the Colts. You've got to hand it to them, they played the hell out that game.

Jheavner on 01-22-2007 at 02:18 AM said:
You've got to hand it to them, they played the hell out that game.

Agreed, the Colts totally capitalized on opportunities and got it done better than we did - even though my wife thought Tom had they "eye of the tiger" just before he threw the interception and I had a vision of Tom going deep to someone like Troy Brown who would save the day. Anyway, I guess at the end this game was reminiscent of so many of the other games this season when it just seemed like one of the cylinders in the engine was out of synch. Something was just off and I am not sure what it was - it felt like the whole rhythym of the team was off, I can't tell. Some games the engine was tuned and others it wasn't - with little reason or predictability.

MattsPats on 01-22-2007 at 12:16 AM said:
my wife thought Tom had they "eye of the tiger" just before he threw the interception

See, that's when I got scared. Too slow is bad for us, too fast is bad for us. A happy medium of nicely paced, no-huddle offense seems to have been working nicely lately.

Here's my thought, I think this has been talked about before, so whether I thought this myself or got the idea from others and put them all together *marijuana affects the memory* here it goes:

He is used to being the miracle boy. He is used to being the one that can do it for his team mates. Now he is Mr. Clutch, the man. Now he has to do it. He holds himself confidently, but I think he really doesn't have all that much. He puts alot of pressure on himself, and gets down when he messes up and that is a mind**** for him. I see all his throws that have been on the ground lately and, excluding injury, I think it's him thinking too much and not just doing it. That was my problem. When I thought about what I had to do, I threw it at people's feet. But when I just went out there and did it, I worked it. He seems like a sensitive guy to me. I am not sure how he is out of the public eye, but he doesn't seem to be this prick that walks around like he is better than everyone else. That's almost a plus in athletics, you have to have the confidence, you have to know you can do it before you even go out there and try. To have millions of people watching and judging you would be a bitch.

Those are some of my thoughts. Sorry if I enfringed anyones copyrights.

It would be no surprise that the post game congrats were short. Usually the losing team is ushered off the field pretty quickly so that the NFL can set up for the post game presentations.

Brady and Manning have discussed their friendship in the past. There's no doubt that they had a lengthier discussion after all the ceremonies were done. All the post game interviews from the Pats gave the Colts full and complete credit for the win.

Disappointment...yes...Respect...definitely.

I was up all night, watching all the hoopla on the local channels, networks, NFL Network, etc., and I can say that while I didn't see Brady congratulate Peyton, Peyton did say that he, Bruschi and someone else came up to him and congratulated him and wished him luck. BB definitely dissed him, but... I doubt Peyton is losing any sleep over it. ;)

I thought it was a hell of a game. Most definitely a hard-fought battle. And I think (hope!) that Peyton's performance causes a lot of the naysayers to STFU.

I like bid's statement...

Respect - definitely.

We earned it, and I appreciate those who give it.

This is from Vic Carruci on NFL.com:

Several Patriots players -- including Tedy Bruschi, Kevin Faulk and Tom Brady -- certainly knew how special a moment it was for Manning. They made a point of congratulating him on the field after the game, during a wild mob scene on the field with the crowd roaring and blue and white confetti filling the air. They had their Super Bowl rings. They knew what it meant for Manning and the Colts to have their first opportunity.

Amen to that, Senator! I know everyone in the media obsessed over our WRs, but speed is what we need! Hopefully BB and Pioli address that this off-season.

I heard Tom on WEEI this morning. He was definitely disappointed and he sounds like he'll be going into a cocoon-type mode for a little while, catching up on stuff around his house in Boston and then flying out to visit his family. It's just tough for him (and us!) the day after such a bitter loss. I think it was tougher because they had such a big lead and blew it. If they'd been blown out from the beginning or it was back-and-forth the whole game, it might be easier to take, but blowing such a big lead *hurts*. :(

I think it was tougher because they had such a big lead and blew it. If they'd been blown out from the beginning or it was back-and-forth the whole game, it might be easier to take, but blowing such a big lead *hurts*. :(
Well, blowing the big lead…and having the ball in his hands with 2 time outs, a minute left, and a score close enough for him to win the game if he does his job. Instead, all the Pat’s faithful were disappointed, and all of his teammates didn’t get to play in this year’s SuperBowl, because Tom Brady failed the opportunity he was given. It is really tough for him to blame anyone else for that last interception.

Please, they scored 34 points and were asked to score 39 points. The defense collapsed and that's all there is to it. The defense was worn out and anyone watching could see that. I know it fits your agenda to blame Brady but the story here is the collapse of the defense.

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 12:09 PM said:
Well, blowing the big lead…and having the ball in his hands with 2 time outs, a minute left, and a score close enough for him to win the game if he does his job. Instead, all the Pat’s faithful were disappointed, and all of his teammates didn’t get to play in this year’s SuperBowl, because Tom Brady failed the opportunity he was given. It is really tough for him to blame anyone else for that last interception.

That is only one of many missed opportunities. Blaming only Brady for this loss is if like you only blamed your kicker for the Chargers loss.

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 12:09 PM said:

Blaming Brady for this is ridiculous. Many players are at fault here, but Brady is not one of them. 48 seconds and 80 yards to go was a no-win situation, no matter who the QB was. Stupid penalties, dropped passes, a poor offensive plan in the second half and a lack of defensive execution cost the Pats this win. Not Tom Brady...

Undertaker #59 on 01-22-2007 at 12:15 PM said:
That is only one of many missed opportunities. Blaming only Brady for this loss is if like you only blamed your kicker for the Chargers loss.
I’m not blaming anyone for the Patriots loss, just pointing out why I think Tom Brady is acting like he is.

…and if I had to blame one person for the Chargers loss, it wouldn't be the kicker. Drayton Florence comes to mind though.

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 12:20 PM said:
I’m not blaming anyone for the Patriots loss, just pointing out why I think Tom Brady is acting like he is.

…and if I had to blame one person for the Chargers loss, it wouldn't be the kicker. Drayton Florence comes to mind though.

How was he acting?

The story has already been proven false. Brady did congratulate Manning after the game.

I don't blame one person for this game. I blame the whole team. It's a team sport and if everybody would have done their job, less mistakes then they could have won or not be put in the situation to drive down the field for a TD and a minute left.

You could write a book on all the things that happened in this game, every time I think I have remembered all of them someone brings up another...

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 12:20 PM said:

I'm not sure what you saw that I may have missed. He walked off the field after the game. We don't know how many players he saw before the camera went to him. Manning mentioned Brady congratulating him specifically after the game was over. His press conference was handled very well for someone that just lost an AFC title game. He seemed quite comfortable and had accepted the outcome and would get back to work for next year. (Note: He handled it much better than Tomlinson did).

I have not always been a Brady fan (note my username), but it is hard not to like him. A "team first" guy who is clutch under pressure and knows how to handle himself in all situations (which we saw last night)...

Back