Brady Gets $37M/ Contract From Fox TV

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
It is the largest contract in sportscasting history, as it more than doubles both CBS’ Tony Romo and ESPN’s Troy Aikman in average annual salary of $18 million per season.

Sweet Baby Jesus!!! That's a lot of Quiche!!

He beats Gisele's Under Armour contract which was reputedly worth $275M over 10 years...

That pair have serious money.....

It is a ton of money. Good for him but I am surprised he is going to do broadcasting. Perhaps he wants to keep things lighthearted after retirement like Peyton has done.

Sweet Baby Jesus!!! That's a lot of Quiche!!

He beats Gisele's Under Armour contract which was reputedly worth $275M over 10 years...

That pair have serious money.....
And "it's only just begun."
Cheers

And Tom made around 15 per as a Patriot, less than a third of this deal

I heard this deal and couldn't believe my ears. Is it fully guaranteed?

While I freely admit that Brady is the GOAT of QBs and remains a fine player, the thing I feel he has always been fairly lousy at is relaxing on camera.
While he's done a few things in recent years that were OK, I think it's fair to say that Brady struggles to be his real self on camera and generally sounds like he's reading
from a carefully prepared script that contains little to anything that could cause any blowback on him.

Yes, I understand that the "Patriot Way" encourages players to be very careful with the media, but I can't see much difference in Brady now that he
doesn't have to worry about the disapproval of Belichick or anybody else.

The job of analyst is only partially about knowing the game and also demands that analyst provides his opinion not only of why a particular play worked,
but why it didn't. I find it a little tough to imagine Brady won't pull an Aikman where the QB is always right and everybody else involved in a play
somehow screwed it up no matter how far-fetched those comments seem.

I have to think that FOX is simply cashing in on Brady's fame and aren't dropping almost 400 million on the probability that he's a natural and people
will really like listening to him.

I can't see him being a great analyst, because I don't think he'll be forthcoming enough to blame who he thinks fucked a play up by name, which is really what we
all want to know. For instance, how would he handle doing a New England game knowing all the water under that bridge? Would he be cool about it and
do an honest, first-class job? Would he grind an axe against Belichick? Or would he do his best impersonation of a cigar-store indian and fall back on
the usual football cliches and avoid making waves? I'd like to hear an honest, cool Tom, but won't be holding my breath.

Hey, it's not my money, but I don't happen to think his Q score will be fantastic with the public unless Brady learns to loosen up quite a bit and prove
good on the stick (mic) when he has to improvise. Everybody knows who he is, but will they like listening to him after the initial curiosity?

I don't love his odds of really loving the job or doing a great job at it. He wants to be a boss, not an employee.

Also, by the by, this makes the whole Ross-Leaked "Brady was going to play QB and be an owner" look pretty stupid. Your move, Florio. :coffee:

to add to hawgie's great take, i have never thought of tb as a great"spur of the moment" reactive speaker. a skill you need in that job. who knows, maybe he will surprise.

I heard this deal and couldn't believe my ears. Is it fully guaranteed?

While I freely admit that Brady is the GOAT of QBs and remains a fine player, the thing I feel he has always been fairly lousy at is relaxing on camera.
While he's done a few things in recent years that were OK, I think it's fair to say that Brady struggles to be his real self on camera and generally sounds like he's reading
from a carefully prepared script that contains little to anything that could cause any blowback on him.

Yes, I understand that the "Patriot Way" encourages players to be very careful with the media, but I can't see much difference in Brady now that he
doesn't have to worry about the disapproval of Belichick or anybody else.

The job of analyst is only partially about knowing the game and also demands that analyst provides his opinion not only of why a particular play worked,
but why it didn't. I find it a little tough to imagine Brady won't pull an Aikman where the QB is always right and everybody else involved in a play
somehow screwed it up no matter how far-fetched those comments seem.

I have to think that FOX is simply cashing in on Brady's fame and aren't dropping almost 400 million on the probability that he's a natural and people
will really like listening to him.

I can't see him being a great analyst, because I don't think he'll be forthcoming enough to blame who he thinks fucked a play up by name, which is really what we
all want to know. For instance, how would he handle doing a New England game knowing all the water under that bridge? Would he be cool about it and
do an honest, first-class job? Would he grind an axe against Belichick? Or would he do his best impersonation of a cigar-store indian and fall back on
the usual football cliches and avoid making waves? I'd like to hear an honest, cool Tom, but won't be holding my breath.

Hey, it's not my money, but I don't happen to think his Q score will be fantastic with the public unless Brady learns to loosen up quite a bit and prove
good on the stick (mic) when he has to improvise. Everybody knows who he is, but will they like listening to him after the initial curiosity?

I don't love his odds of really loving the job or doing a great job at it. He wants to be a boss, not an employee.

Well said.

But to be fair Aikman was always extremely dry and monotonous. So Brady being vanilla on TV probably wouldn't even be a major step down.

to add to hawgie's great take, i have never thought of tb as a great"spur of the moment" reactive speaker. a skill you need in that job. who knows, maybe he will surprise.

Romo has a lot of personality and excitement. I think Brady may be more like Collinsworth. He's not going to say anything controversial and be generic in the mic. I don't think he'll be a dud like Montana was.

Back