Brady Gets $37M/ Contract From Fox TV

I avoid games where the announcer is a screamer. Fox has at least one for college football. But would not change the channel because of the analyst.
Conversely to your point, it must make a difference to the networks because they are willing to pay them. I think it's about drawing in the largest audience.
I do recall avoiding MNF when it was McDonough and Gruden unless it was a premium matchup, even then it was hard. I like McDonough but they were so awkward together it made it a really hard watch.

I do recall avoiding MNF when it was McDonough and Gruden unless it was a premium matchup, even then it was hard. I like McDonough but they were so awkward together it made it a really hard watch.

I couldn't stand Paul Maguire on ESPN Sunday Night Football.

He always seemed to have a pre conceived story line for any game and couldn't change it if the actual game story changed.

He also always seem to start each blovication with "when we had dinner with x, he said blah blah blah."

I couldn't stand Paul Maguire on ESPN Sunday Night Football.

He always seemed to have a pre conceived story line for any game and couldn't change it if the actual game story changed.

He also always seem to start each blovication with "when we had dinner with x, he said blah blah blah."
The list of announcers I would say I actually like is very very small, and I'm guessing I'm not alone. I might be alone in liking Collinsworth though, I just like how he points out the little things that happen to make plays work(or blow up) that would otherwise go unnoticed, which most analysts just do not do. Like something that happened off screen that looked minor but had a major impact. I hope Brady does a lot of that, and doesn't do the whole Romo play prediction thing, man I hate that lol. I never liked when someone told me how a movie ended either but I'm good with someone pointing out the subtle things I missed :)

The list of announcers I would say I actually like is very very small, and I'm guessing I'm not alone. I might be alone in liking Collinsworth though, I just like how he points out the little things that happen to make plays work(or blow up) that would otherwise go unnoticed, which most analysts just do not do. Like something that happened off screen that looked minor but had a major impact. I hope Brady does a lot of that, and doesn't do the whole Romo play prediction thing, man I hate that lol. I never liked when someone told me how a movie ended either but I'm good with someone pointing out the subtle things I missed :)
I don't like when Romo does that either because teams that are playing could monitor the broadcast during the game and get tendencies in real time.

You're not alone. Colinsworth is actually great, save for the time he spends shilling PFF, but you can hardly blame him for that.

You're not alone. Colinsworth is actually great, save for the time he spends shilling PFF, but you can hardly blame him for that.
I use to like him but he waffles too much for my taste. But I'd take him over others and I can always hit mute.

I really liked Jerry Glanville, when he first started, and before he went to goofytown.

He did a really good job describing how the defense was in scheme X and that took away offense Y, or vice versa. He would say either side needed to shift to W, to attack the weakness of X.

Then when they did it, he would point out how they had made the very adjustment he described, then say the other side now needs to shift to Z to now attack the weakness of W.

In a game where adjustments actually happen, it was very helpful understanding the chess match between the coaches.

I really liked Jerry Glanville, when he first started, and before he went to goofytown.

He did a really good job describing how the defense was in scheme X and that took away offense Y, or vice versa. He would say either side needed to shift to W, to attack the weakness of X.

Then when they did it, he would point out how they had made the very adjustment he described, then say the other side now needs to shift to Z to now attack the weakness of W.

In a game where adjustments actually happen, it was very helpful understanding the chess match between the coaches.
Glanville was super underrated in the booth.

Sweet Baby Jesus!!! That's a lot of Quiche!!

He beats Gisele's Under Armour contract which was reputedly worth $275M over 10 years...

That pair have serious money.....

That 10 year deal is paying him close to $80M more than he's made as a player for over 20 years.

Oh, yeah. Glanville was really good at teaching the game to the listeners and he had the ability to put it in simple terms, which
is a rare skill.

I think he last less than 2 and a half years. Before he does something else.

8320f601dfd68a640144462413aabc1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really don't get all this money they give to ex-players to be analysts. Has anyone ever tuned into a game because of who the analyst is? Even when Romo gave a crap and was decent I only watched the game if I liked the matchup without giving it a second thought who the announcers were. Maybe that's just me though, or maybe it's more about the sponsors caring about it and will shell out more money.
TB12 cvlt members care about it... :coffee:

Oh, yeah. Glanville was really good at teaching the game to the listeners and he had the ability to put it in simple terms, which
is a rare skill.
Plus he always said 'Elvis is in the house', or something like that. I'd just like to add: Gino Capelletti is much more newsworthy today, than anything about Tom Brady. And I loved watching Brady, winning super bowls for the Patriots.

Back