Brady not going to settle

So Jason Cole is the new Chris Mortensen, now that Mortensen has been compromised, right?

Want a modicum of respect from me, NFL? Sack up and put your ****ing names on these leaks, you bunch of gutless slimeballs.

""I think Brady will take a deal" said NFL VP Mike Kensil." How hard is that? For ****'s sake. :coffee:

Saw a couple of reports (although probably from the same source) that says Brady may be entertaining a settlement to this mess and that the league believes it has more leverage as training camp approaches in getting Brady to agree to a settlement that involves him missing games.. at some point.

If this comes to pass I will seriously lose my shit over this. I can barely type with how mad this is making me. Brady needs to stand tall and fight this one to the end as has been reported all along (and as this thread title indicates).

This is not about Brady v GoodHELL anymore more.

The battle is about the soul of the game and whether it is worthy of the support of fans like myself, who only want fairness in deciding the outcome of these contests.

I don't buy into the "it's sweeter if we win even though the deck is stacked against us" crowd. Fairness matters more than winning or losing. The luster of this recent championship has been diminished by all the nonsense leading up to the game and beyond. Sure, the half hour at the end of the game was great, but all commotion, before and since, has damped my enthusiasm for the game itself. Add in the hypocrisy of this sham of a league throwing the word integrity around like it means someone is more than I can take. Fairness. That's all I want. And it's not asking a lot from a league to be fair. In fact, it is demanded in order to survive.

I can't even think straight at the prospect of Brady taking a suspension and NOT going to court. It would mean that his saying in that huddle, "It's about your kids, blah blah blah..." was a steaming pile of crap if he doesn't.
Good post.

If we can't count on the front office to be fair and impartial, there's really no point to any of it. If I wanted fake sports whose outcome is controlled by the suits before the game is even played, I'd watch wrestling.

I'm undecided whether I will continue to root for the Pats/watch any NFL games right now. If Brady takes a suspension without going to court (with the possible exception of one that explicitly states that it is for non-cooperation only, and not for involvement in deflation), I will burn everything NFL I own and never again spend another second thinking about that farce.

Jesus, that ledge is really crowded, huh?

After all of the leaks from the NFL, you guys are still falling for this shit? The NFL has its backs up against the wall, which is why they're saying they don't think Brady will go to court. They're calling his bluff. And they're going to lose...or continue to lose. After 15 years, what is the MOST IMPORTANT THING that you have learned about Tom Brady?

He doesn't quit.
He fights to the finish.
He's not giving in.

After all of the leaks from the NFL, you guys are still falling for this shit? The NFL has its backs up against the wall, which is why they're saying they don't think Brady will go to court. They're calling his bluff. And they're going to lose...or continue to lose. After 15 years, what is the MOST IMPORTANT THING that you have learned about Tom Brady?

He doesn't quit.
He fights to the finish.
He's not giving in.
That's what we all hope. But...

Up until the Wells Farce was released we were all convinced an "independent" investigation was going to clear us.

Up until the owners meetings this year, we were all convinced Kraft gave a shit about the fans and wouldn't capitulate to the snakes infesting the front office.

Will Brady prove himself worthy of our faith in him? I hope so, but I'm not putting any money on it.

He doesn't quit.
He fights to the finish.
He's not giving in.

My question to you is this, what will you're stand be if he caves. I've said my thoughts on this many times.

My question to you is this, what will you're stand be if he caves. I've said my thoughts on this many times.

It's never been a question I've contemplated.

If he takes a suspension? I'll think he is simply too competitive and doesn't want the distraction. I just don't think this is what will happen, knowing that he can walk into court and get an injunction in about five minutes.

He doesn't quit.
He fights to the finish.
He's not giving in.

I started with an "If this comes to pass...."

But seriously, what has gone right in this fiasco? I remember wondering what took so long for the Wells Report to come out, knowing in my heart of hearts that it would exonerate the Pats. The evidence was so flimsy even before the ink was dry on the report, but what did the NFL do... they charged full steam ahead and screwed the Pats over.

Then what? Kraft appropriately losses his shit over this and we all applaud. The "context" report comes out and we pour over every word as it surely will be the lynch pin to turn this thing around. Then Kraft leans over the sink as let's Roger bone him high and hard. He even thanks him for it. Someone I never thought would happen based on his earlier responses.

So here we are... so confident that this time.. THIS TIME... the worm will turn. Brady will fight this like a champion, don his superman cape, and right this wrong. Normally I would agree, but this whole fiasco has taught me one thing when it comes to the NFL. I will never again get my hopes up that the right thing will happen. I will continue to hope for the best but from now on I will expect the worst. I am all of a sudden from Missouri. Show me. Show me Brady telling the NFL to collectively Fvck Themselves!!! and I will believe it.

But it has been reported that negotiations are underway. What can possibly be negotiated is beyond me. Even accepting any punishment under the "non cooperation" guise is completely unacceptable to me, but what if it happens?

I want to think Tom Brady will fight this til the death, but hearing there are settlement talks makes me question it... so I'll go back to hoping for the best but expecting the worst. History is my guide here...

It's never been a question I've contemplated.

If he takes a suspension? I'll think he is simply too competitive and doesn't want the distraction. I just don't think this is what will happen, knowing that he can walk into court and get an injunction in about five minutes.

Please don't become Midgar.... :)

If it takes five minutes of his time, yet he doesn't spend that five minutes and comes off as capitulating like Kraft did, then I will assume he is a cheater and my respect for him will be greatly diminished. I will feel that he mistakenly prioritized a couple of regular season games over his complete legacy that he seems to care so much about, based on his talk about it being for "his kids and family" during the Super Bowl.

In my mind he will have talked the talk, but not walked the walk.

But again, I hope I am wrong here.. :)

But it has been reported that negotiations are underway.

Reported by who?

Yesterday, they leaked the fine angle, which got negative response from everyone, so today they leak the reduced suspension angle.

I mean, Donald Trump recently reported he had $10 billion, and his financial disclosure forms said he had less than $1 billion (which is why he was never buying the Bills, btw).

Point is, people can say whatever they want. Especially if they're just leaking stories to Jason Cole.

I don't give a **** what anyone says unless they're in front of a camera, or if their name's attached to a story in the paper.

The NFLPA is rightfully staying silent here, because this ridiculous practice of the league sticking their finger in the air to determine which way the wind's blowing is only helping to build the NFLPA's case for appeal.

I would think the NFL knows that, and that's why they're desperately trying to leak this stuff in a last-ditch effort to "exert pressure" on Brady.

Dragging things out is really their last bit of leverage, and so they're taking advantage of it. They tried this by holding back the Wells report for months, and they're doing it now. The only problem they're running into, is that outside of the usual sychophants in the media, any free-thinking person or talking head not named Chris Russo, has had an opportunity to actually read the report, and also judge the league's behavior throughout, and call it for what it is.

:BS:

Here's my position again, because I've seen a little more of the "WHATIFHEOMGWTFBBQCHEATED" crap again lately: I don't give a shit if he was there with a whip cracking the Dorito Dinks every day to make sure those footballs where how he wanted him, and he bought them houses and cars and private islands as payment.

The league cannot prove by any reasonable standard that anything actually happened at all. Therefore, the NFLPA should fight it.

So, if there's a settlement, I'll be annoyed. Not because "OMGBRADYSGUILTY" because seriously, grow the **** up people, who cares? All these people taking PEDs and colluding on contracts and salary cap violations, but we actually give a shit about cheating? Seriously?

No, I'll be pissed because they can win, and if the NFL gets away with having something this ****ing flimsy merit you a 4 game suspension and a lost of a 1st round pick, just because some of the rival owners can't actually beat your team on the field - There will be no point in watching, at all.

Thanks to Bob Kraft, half of that already happened. :coffee:

Saw a couple of reports (although probably from the same source) that says Brady may be entertaining a settlement to this mess and that the league believes it has more leverage as training camp approaches in getting Brady to agree to a settlement that involves him missing games.. at some point.

If this comes to pass I will seriously lose my shit over this. I can barely type with how mad this is making me. Brady needs to stand tall and fight this one to the end as has been reported all along (and as this thread title indicates).

This is not about Brady v GoodHELL anymore more.

The battle is about the soul of the game and whether it is worthy of the support of fans like myself, who only want fairness in deciding the outcome of these contests.

I don't buy into the "it's sweeter if we win even though the deck is stacked against us" crowd. Fairness matters more than winning or losing. The luster of this recent championship has been diminished by all the nonsense leading up to the game and beyond. Sure, the half hour at the end of the game was great, but all commotion, before and since, has damped my enthusiasm for the game itself. Add in the hypocrisy of this sham of a league throwing the word integrity around like it means someone is more than I can take. Fairness. That's all I want. And it's not asking a lot from a league to be fair. In fact, it is demanded in order to survive.

I can't even think straight at the prospect of Brady taking a suspension and NOT going to court. It would mean that his saying in that huddle, "It's about your kids, blah blah blah..." was a steaming pile of crap if he doesn't.

I have no idea how the part in bold can make any sense.

The existing sanction has no impact during training camp. TFB+ can do what ever he and the coaches want him to do in camp.

The sanction only applies to the first four games of the season.

So I don't understand at all how training camp has any bearing on "leverage".

Do they actually think that TFB+ will simply say "Oh noes, training camp has started, I better accept my punishment!"

In what system of logic does that make any kind of sense?

Please don't become Midgar.... :)

If it takes five minutes of his time, yet he doesn't spend that five minutes and comes off as capitulating like Kraft did, then I will assume he is a cheater and my respect for him will be greatly diminished. I will feel that he mistakenly prioritized a couple of regular season games over his complete legacy that he seems to care so much about, based on his talk about it being for "his kids and family" during the Super Bowl.

In my mind he will have talked the talk, but not walked the walk.

But again, I hope I am wrong here.. :)

If he caves, I will not really see it as he cheated, I will see it that he got a giant amount of pressure from the team and the league to cave. I assume that Kraft does not think the pats cheated and he caved, so, it would be along those lines.

If he caves, I will not really see it as he cheated, I will see it that he got a giant amount of pressure from the team and the league to cave. I assume that Kraft does not think the pats cheated and he caved, so, it would be along those lines.

If he does that.. if he sacrifices a portion of his legacy because the team that he gave team friendly contracts to all these years wants him to..... then he deserves any of the ill-will that will accompany it.

I also wanted to point out that the NFLPA has really played this brilliantly throughout. Maybe it's all the experience they've had beating the shit out of Goodell in court the last few years.

At the first rumblings of "settlement" or "reduced suspension" a couple of weeks ago (which is why the NFLPA believed a judgement was imminent, because it's obviously done by now), they said "We will appeal any punishment, and are prepared to go to Federal Court".

For the actual record, that is THE ONLY STATEMENT that has come from the NFLPA to this point, that's attributable to an NFLPA employee.

This cause Goodell to shit his pants, and then go to the owners, to ESPN to NFLN, to all his outlets in a very transparent attempt to try to 'leverage' Brady.

Goodell's all-in, drawing to an inside straight, hoping that 8 will come on the river, even though Brady's holding three already. :coffee:

That's what we all hope. But...

Up until the Wells Farce was released we were all convinced an "independent" investigation was going to clear us.

Up until the owners meetings this year, we were all convinced Kraft gave a shit about the fans and wouldn't capitulate to the snakes infesting the front office.

Will Brady prove himself worthy of our faith in him? I hope so, but I'm not putting any money on it.

It would have but you see the Wells report was NOT an "independent" investigation

He doesn't quit.
He fights to the finish.
He's not giving in.

Good post, Lisa. The more the NFL drags this out the more pissed Brady is becoming and the firmer his resolve. 199...he still remembers. He's a fighter and he knows he and the NFLPA have a great case against Goodell and his cronies at "Jets Central" at NFL headquarters. Saving the NFL from its own sinister incompetence could end up as Brady's greatest NFL achievement. Brady has an opportunity to restore his name and to "out" those responsible for defaming him. That's a double win...not to mention the pile of money all 32 owners would have to contribute with a win in court.

Good post, Lisa. The more the NFL drags this out the more pissed Brady is becoming and the firmer his resolve. 199...he still remembers. He's a fighter and he knows he and the NFLPA have a great case against Goodell and his cronies at "Jets Central" at NFL headquarters. Saving the NFL from its own sinister incompetence could end up as Brady's greatest NFL achievement. Brady has an opportunity to restore his name and to "out" those responsible for defaming him. That's a double win...not to mention the pile of money all 32 owners would have to contribute with a win in court.

Every day this drags out makes it that much easier for Kessler to make the case in court.

The NFL has dragged their feet at every turn, with the Wells Report, and now this. Outright lied to the media and to the Patriots. Consistently leaked false information. Falsified evidence. Created evidence.

And why? Because Bisciotti can't field a team with an average IQ over 65, and Irsay can't field a defense.

And, thanks to Rollover Bobby, we don't get to explore that part in court. Thanks Bob! Hope you liked your one day of NFLN coverage!

The fact that there's not more outrage toward Bob Kraft is really disturbing to me. Almost as disturbing as the mindless ballwashers that defend him.

You gotta learn to speak your mind and stop beating around the bush. Don't make us try to guess what your feelings are...

Every day this drags out makes it that much easier for Kessler to make the case in court.

The NFL has dragged their feet at every turn, with the Wells Report, and now this. Outright lied to the media and to the Patriots. Consistently leaked false information. Falsified evidence. Created evidence.

And why? Because Bisciotti can't field a team with an average IQ over 65, and Irsay can't field a defense.

And, thanks to Rollover Bobby, we don't get to explore that part in court. Thanks Bob! Hope you liked your one day of NFLN coverage!

The fact that there's not more outrage toward Bob Kraft is really disturbing to me. Almost as disturbing as the mindless ballwashers that defend him.

What's ****ing embarrassing is that no one is stepping in to stand up for Brady or the Pats. I know, I know ... jealousy and all that, but this is a league with 31 other teams and it's disgusting that among those not pushing for harsh punishment, not one has the balls to publicly question this joke of a process.

Kraft is too pussy to do it, but it's a real shame that this entire league is ready to sit silently as a small group of owners + Goodell try to destroy the legacy of its greatest player. Everyone is guilty by association and fans of other teams should be embarrassed enough to lobby their owners to bring integrity back to the league/process.

LOL jk

Back