Brady Officially Retires (?)

So he will retire as the winningest QB in football history with the most regular season wins, SBs, SB appearances and of course all the stats. I am not sure there has ever been another team sports player that has retired with more in their pocket. He literally owned the NFL for 22 years and leaves after a season where he played at an MVP level.

Oh, I don't think that is correct. Though I'm not going to debate it. I think we've seen him decline.
Joke, (like you wouldn't know)

Yes obvious decline. 2021 SB MVP but not 2022; 2nd team probowl, not 1st team; second team all-pro, not 1st team. mere Division Champ not even going to the NFCCG; Only 5200 passing yards, only 43 TD passes, Just awful.

But kidding aside I think you are right, I agree it's time . Hope he in fact retires.

Cheers

There will certainly never be anyone like him ever again in the NFL in terms of dominance, wins etc over such a long time.

And it’s not just pliability or conditioning. I think basic genes are as much a reason as any for this physical fitness. You can do all the training and eat all the right foods but it you have the start of arthritis, weak bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments that are weak, it doesn’t matter. Our bodies decline over time that’s just inevitable. Toms genes have helped stave that off for now.

I agree with people have said here, he’s healthy, no serious long term injuries that are visible….walk away Tom. You have your businesses etc you can throw yourself into and you and the missus have amassed an incredible fortune. Enjoy it while you can.

I believe he is signed for another year in TB, so he can't just go sign with anyone he wants. And I'm not sure he would want yet another team.
There are ways around this. I think the idea of winning a Super Bowl with an unprecedented third team would have him highly motivated.

Oh, I don't think that is correct. Though I'm not going to debate it. I think we've seen him decline.
He SHOULD BE winning MVP of the league. He arguably is moving better now than at any point in his career. I don't see decline with any aspect of his game.

There was actually a lucid point that you made in this post, so I wanted to make sure everybody caught it. It was actually quite impressive from the guy that comes out here begging to be assclowned on just about a daily basis.
He was all done with Belichick too for various reasons. He holds BB accountable for torpedoing SB 52.

Brady proved in Tampa that he win at the highest level with a HC aimlessly bumbling around the sideline. I think Brady's attitude with Arians was stay the fuck out of the way. He ultimately did not do that with the AB incident.

There are ways around this. I think the idea of winning a Super Bowl with an unprecedented third team would have him highly motivated.
Yes. A team that Brady wants to play for would have to be willing to trade whatever Tampa would demand. I still don't think he will further dilute his legacy with yet another team though.
He SHOULD BE winning MVP of the league. He arguably is moving better now than at any point in his career. I don't see decline with any aspect of his game.
I just disagree. I saw decline.

I think he's arguably better now than he's ever been. No one is close to him, no one has ever been nor will anyone ever be in the future. I don't know how anyone could be.

He was all done with Belichick too for various reasons. He holds BB accountable for torpedoing SB 52.

Brady proved in Tampa that he win at the highest level with a HC aimlessly bumbling around the sideline. I think Brady's attitude with Arians was stay the fuck out of the way. He ultimately did not do that with the AB incident.
I don't disagree with any of this.

Can't wait until the Ravens step in and sign AB, what a media circus that will create.

Yes. A team that Brady wants to play for would have to be willing to trade whatever Tampa would demand. I still don't think he will further dilute his legacy with yet another team though.

I just disagree. I saw decline.
I sensed decline toward the end of his tenure here, but that may well have been related to his piss poor, pouty attitude. I think he was clearly rejuvenated by being someplace where everyone was intimidated by him and tiptoed around him. I think he enjoyed that after being here where those in charge treated him pretty much like everyone else.

I don't buy the family angle for his retirement. Or this bullshit about Giselle can't bear to see him taking hits or whatever the fuck he said. He wants out of Tampa Bay because he thinks Arians is a MORON.

He'll unretire on July 1 and sign with SF.

Doesn’t he still have one more year with TB? He can’t just unretire and join another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't disagree with any of this.

Can't wait until the Ravens step in and sign AB, what a media circus that will create.
I like the idea of AB signing with the Ravens because that certainly will help my case for Jackson.

His play declined without AB & Godwin . At his age he needed that loaded TB offense to keep preforming at high level . His final game was a massive 4th quarter comeback.
He looked pretty good in the wild card game. If not for the nitwits on the sideline he probably would have beaten the Rams in OT and hosting the NFCCG.

I think his complete intolerance for stupidity is hastening his decision to retire.

Doesn’t he still have one more year with TB? He can’t just unretire and join another team.
Right, it complicates the situation but there's always a way. I just think Brady's going to regret his decision after he is further moved from the bitter end to the season.

I don't buy the family angle for his retirement. Or this bullshit about Giselle can't bear to see him taking hits or whatever the fuck he said. He wants out of Tampa Bay because he thinks Arians is a MORON.

He'll unretire on July 1 and sign with SF.

Now Arians is on the chopping block. Sensing a trend here.

Any player, coach, or human being who might have stood in the way of Tom Jesus H. Christ Brady reaching his full potential, achieving several hundred Super Bowl victories, and ascending to deity status in the human form, is a veritable MORON, or hack, or loser, or some other nasty term, because they (maybe?) affected Brady's career (only negatively, of course; no one other than Brady could positively affect his own career).

:cool:

I very much doubt Brady plays for a 3rd team.

Now Arians is on the chopping block. Sensing a trend here.

Any player, coach, or human being who might have stood in the way of Tom Jesus H. Christ Brady reaching his full potential, achieving several hundred Super Bowl victories, and ascending to deity status in the human form, is a veritable MORON, or hack, or loser, or some other nasty term, because they (maybe?) affected Brady's career (only negatively, of course; no one other than Brady could positively affect his own career).

:cool:
You think Arians is a great HC? Tampa Bay switched quarterbacks and went from loserville to world champs.

Belichick obviously impacted Brady's development. By all accounts they had a close, positive professional relationship for many years. I think it's evident that relationship soured. Also once Brady became a finished product he started thinking more independently and became an entity unto himself (the whole TB12 experience, the Method, etc.) and this (perhaps understandably) rubbed BB the wrong way. I think too both their enormous egos just got in the way of staying together. Both probably liked the idea of winning without the other. Brady has the satisfaction of that now, it's an accomplishment that REALLY cements his legacy.

Back