Breaking News: Adam Schefter's Last Year with ESPN

grog

Chief Instigation Officer
Reaction score
Breaking News! It's looking more and more like this year might be the end of the line for Adam Schefter at ESPN. The perennial all-star NFL scoop reporter for ESPN hasn't come out and said anything yet, but his body-of-work language this year has declined considerably. Some say he is doing this deliberately, trying to get an outright release so he can sign with another team with a more promising future, like the Athletic. While he has still broken a few stories this year, Schefter appears to be reaching a lot more, speculating on moves like Tom Brady leaving the Patriots. But has he really fallen of the reporter cliff, or is this all posturing. Usually more sure footed than this, people with inside knowledge say there is a significant rift between Schefter and ESPN executives.

Time will tell, but next season may look very different for ESPN and Adam Schefter.

Breaking News! It's looking more and more like this year might be the end of the line for Adam Schefter at ESPN. The perennial all-star NFL scoop reporter for ESPN hasn't come out and said anything yet, but his body-of-work language this year has declined considerably. Some say he is doing this deliberately, trying to get an outright release so he can sign with another team with a more promising future, like the Athletic. While he has still broken a few stories this year, Schefter appears to be reaching a lot more, speculating on moves like Tom Brady leaving the Patriots. But has he really fallen of the reporter cliff, or is this all posturing. Usually more sure footed than this, people with inside knowledge say there is a significant rift between Schefter and ESPN executives.

Time will tell, but next season may look very different for ESPN and Adam Schefter.

Always liked him for his inside scoops but this Brady speculation getting everybody worked up has been mind boggling to say the least.

Schefter and Reiss are two of the few reasons to pay attention to ESPN.

I see what you did here...I think...

This is nicely done. Take my rep.

The idiocy started by Schefter got enough legs that even my friend who hates sports text me last night asking if Brady was leaving the Pats.

I hate ESPN.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The "Brady is Leaving" scoop really made me wonder-- because it is Schefter and he hasn't gotten where he is by engaging in wild-ass speculation like basically every other guy who performs a similar role in the business.

I feel like he was dicking around but it still doesn't make sense why he would do it.

Part of me is worried that he is right and we're all living in a Patriot Nation snowglobe where we can't comprehend Brady leaving or what the circumstance of such a black day would be.

We all want to see him go out with a ring, but if we don't get another one this year then would Tom Terrific really quit? Or worse go elsewhere?

Not that it's news, but I can confirm that Guerrero's house is definitely up for sale, because my brother-in-law did the pre-sale inspection on it.

In closing, I will say this......I was watching Brady carefully during the Jets game and I'm not sure if I've ever seen him so totally zen on the field. I've seen him play better, but no matter what went wrong, he never even seemed to notice it or get cranky (other than yelling at the refs). He just went on to the next play with a total focus (even relative to his usual self) and didn't bother wasting energy on anything else. This is just my opinion, of course, and others may have seen it differently or not at all, but it crossed my mind that just maybe he has decided to quit and he's going to a different level to try to squeeze every moment he can out of the season. Like he ain't got time to sweat the small shit anymore. Time will tell, I guess, but I'll be looking for more TotalZen Brady tomorrow.

The "Brady is Leaving" scoop really made me wonder-- because it is Schefter and he hasn't gotten where he is by engaging in wild-ass speculation like basically every other guy who performs a similar role in the business.

I feel like he was dicking around but it still doesn't make sense why he would do it.

Part of me is worried that he is right and we're all living in a Patriot Nation snowglobe where we can't comprehend Brady leaving or what the circumstance of such a black day would be.

We all want to see him go out with a ring, but if we don't get another one this year then would Tom Terrific really quit? Or worse go elsewhere?

Not that it's news, but I can confirm that Guerrero's house is definitely up for sale, because my brother-in-law did the pre-sale inspection on it.

In closing, I will say this......I was watching Brady carefully during the Jets game and I'm not sure if I've ever seen him so totally zen on the field. I've seen him play better, but no matter what went wrong, he never even seemed to notice it or get cranky (other than yelling at the refs). He just went on to the next play with a total focus (even relative to his usual self) and didn't bother wasting energy on anything else. This is just my opinion, of course, and others may have seen it differently or not at all, but it crossed my mind that just maybe he has decided to quit and he's going to a different level to try to squeeze every moment he can out of the season. Like he ain't got time to sweat the small shit anymore. Time will tell, I guess, but I'll be looking for more TotalZen Brady tomorrow.

What would Tommy think if this team ran the table all the way to another Lombardi, a perfect season. Would he feel there is nothing more to accomplish for a career? I can't see him ever playing any place else.

What would Tommy think if this team ran the table all the way to another Lombardi, a perfect season. Would he feel there is nothing more to accomplish for a career? I can't see him ever playing any place else.

I’ve been superstitious to post my feelings for fear of my jinx powers. Like 3rd level ninja. But since you opened the window I’ll climb in.

This is what I’m thinking and have been for a few weeks now. Tommy is being cagey. Non-commital. I think this is precisely it - if 19-0 happens he walks. A perfect ending for a perfect player. It could never be beaten. Only repeated. Football immortality.

Btw, Alex sold his house. But he bought in my town, America’s hometown. Tommy isn’t going far.

On another note, Tom to another organization might kill Bob. Literally.

Think about that 12. The guy you hug after every game.

Yeah this puffed up narrative is just Patriots drama 101.

If you listen to shefter, he sounds kinda squeaky.. lol. Like he's a little nervous going down this road.. talk about provocative possibility take. ! If he posted on this board maybe BS Fly would have to go to his photo shop.. :domORIGINAL:

But the speculation makes good click bait. Question to me is who do you believe and why? As athlete, I think Brady will stay true to his own words not sheftys... "I'll retire when I suck ". ( Or when the offense sucks and it's not fun.. hmmm) As for where he plays til that happens? Impossible to judge until season is over but how it ends matters.

Start this week.. is it fun or does it suck. Haha ? My guess is it will be more fun when OC starts having fun with the talent he has... :peace::thumb:

Back