Brissett or Garoppolo?

Shemp

Upright Member
Reaction score
Jacoby looked much better last week. Garoppolo had deer in the headlights on the sidelines. I realize we want to potentially trade Jimmy G for a pick.. but there's no way he goes better than 2-2 to start the season. Brissett kills the third stringers!

A week or so ago some were seriously asking if Tom Brady should get his job back after Jimmy Garoppolo maybe won a couple games or so to open the season. Now, there is a question on whether Jacoby Brissette should replace Garoppolo before the season even starts. Ahhhh, the fickle nature of the true fan.

I can't believe I clicked on this thread
I also can't believe I clicked on Thomas's sign Sanchez thread.

Yes, I was bored. :banghead:

He's played well against 3rd strings & scrubs. there no way. Bb will start him over Jimmy G. Must be a slow day on the planet

Jacoby looked much better last week. Garoppolo had deer in the headlights on the sidelines. I realize we want to potentially trade Jimmy G for a pick.. but there's no way he goes better than 2-2 to start the season. Brissett kills the third stringers!

JG is the starter. I don't see Brissett coming in unless Jimmy really craps the bed. I like Brissett a TON. He has really impressed me for a rookie with his poise and pocket presence. This defense can get us to 3-1 as long as Jimmy plays at least average which I am hoping he can do for the 3 home games.

Already said but I second:

:facepalm:

Cheers

JG is the starter. I don't see Brissett coming in unless Jimmy really craps the bed. I like Brissett a TON. He has really impressed me for a rookie with his poise and pocket presence. This defense can get us to 3-1 as long as Jimmy plays at least average which I am hoping he can do for the 3 home games.

How many months have I been raving about the defense? I think they could come out and run the wildcat 40x a game and go 3-1 with this defense.

When does Garropolo's contract end??

Have to wonder why the Pats picked up a Qb in the draft as opposed to a FA for the four games.

And must be tough to be young upcoming player (Garrapolo) to sit behind the future HOF.

Think they drafted Brissett to;
provide competition for Garrapolo.
option to trade Garrapolo.
backup for the four games.
Have potential to have two starting caliber QBs when #12 finally retires.

Building a roster by BB.

When does Garropolo's contract end??

Have to wonder why the Pats picked up a Qb in the draft as opposed to a FA for the four games.

And must be tough to be young upcoming player (Garrapolo) to sit behind the future HOF.

Think they drafted Brissett to;
provide competition for Garrapolo.
option to trade Garrapolo.
backup for the four games.
Have potential to have two starting caliber QBs when #12 finally retires.

Building a roster by BB.

I think it's mainly economics and if a QB finishes his rookie deal and it looks like he can be a viable starter then somebody is going to pay him more than we will pay somebody to sit on the bench.

Jimmy is going to do well enough that he will be on a lot of radar screens and Bill didn't want to be caught with his pants down if Brady is still playing at a high level and we can't keep Jimmy.

Therefore, we would have a Brissett with a couple of years in the system to be a backup and potential starter.

Back