Can Javon Walker still play?

Spinal Tap

dicktowel.com
Reaction score
He's out there for the taking. I know he's had some injury problems, and hasn't been able to stay on the field, but would it be worth it to have him to come to camp and compete for a spot?

The guy was pretty damn good for a stretch.

Didn't he get cut by the Raiders

If you have to ask the question I say pass. I am VERY tired of these kinds of experiments the last two years.

Didn't he get cut by the Raiders

Yes, he didn't even play last season.

I just looked at his stats, and he hasn't played a worth while season since 2006 with Denver.

Maybe he's got one of those nagging injuries that just never goes away.

Yes,
Backgammon,Hearts and Tiddlewinks.

Football NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no on everything in the first paragraph of your post.

andre reed had some damn good years too....he's still out there

Well, he's a little younger than Andre Reed. I don't think it would hurt to sign him to a veteran minimum deal and see if he can play come July.

Yes, he didn't even play last season.

I just looked at his stats, and he hasn't played a worth while season since 2006 with Denver.

Maybe he's got one of those nagging injuries that just never goes away.
Yes his brain...:coffee:

He'll be 32 in October. He's got 8 years in the league, half of which he didn't see the field much.

It's not like he's taken a beating in his career. Anyone know what the hell is wrong with him?

It's a nice thought but you'd think someone would have taken a flyer on him by now if there wasn't something seriously wrong.

Walker is toast bigtime. He had a grand total of 15 catches the last 2 years combined, and got something like 14 mil for it.

Do you really want a receiver that gets paid over 900k for each catch ? Not when he gets 7 or 8 a year, that's for sure.

Not to mention this guy is a douchebag who made a lot of problems in GB before he got out of there.

NO F'ING WAY EVER IN A PATS UNI

That's what I say.

If you have to ask the question I say pass. I am VERY tired of these kinds of experiments the last two years.

I am so with this. For once can we just get a good player that we do not have to wonder is still any good?

I'd give him a chance in training camp if he signed for ONLY 1 year at the veteran minimum with no signing bonus.

I really doubt thats going to happen.

He'll be 32 in October. He's got 8 years in the league, half of which he didn't see the field much.

It's not like he's taken a beating in his career. Anyone know what the hell is wrong with him?

He had a major knee injury.

I'd give him a chance in training camp if he signed for ONLY 1 year at the veteran minimum with no signing bonus.

I really doubt thats going to happen.

But that's my point. If it's short money with just a chance to compete for a roster spot, then why not?

I'm not suggesting we sign him to a 6 year, $50 million deal!

I'd love to see him play again. Why not give him half a season with an extention possiblity? It's not like he's TO or anything.

Back