Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
We've never been big fans of censorship here, but I think lately some threads are getting just a little too graphic. This request is not in direct response to the topic yesterday, but just a reaction to the general direction the board has been heading.

I'm all for adult discussions and adult issues, but we have to keep in mind who might be reading the board. We are not an 18+ community. Several of our more active members are under the age of 18. Granted, most teens these days are exposed to a lot more than a lot of us were, but a Patriots community may not be the right place for it, and I don't want to have to classify the forum as an adult site and require 18+ for access.

Now, I love all the posters that are in these discussions. I like reading a lot of them myself. Please don't consider this request a condemnation of any of you. I could not imagine the board without you. I am just requesting that we try and keep things more PG-13 to R rated rather then X rated.

There is no official policy of what is acceptable and what isn't, and it would be very hard to define that. So we're just requesting that you try and tone it down a little bit yourselves. Nothing drastic.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a big argument, as this is really just a request so we do not have to try and define some sort of line that is crossed and enforce it. That would suck for everyone.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a big argument, as this is really just a request so we do not have to try and define some sort of line that is crossed and enforce it. That would suck for everyone.

Yeah. After all, it's a bit early for our annual off-season meltdown. That usually doesn't happen till around June. :fire:>)

Edit: Thinking about it, maybe JD has a good idea with a place to put the more graphic of the threads. Maybe a Insonmiac's Assylum or something along that line that's a sub-forum like the politcal and draft areas.

I entirely endorse UT's post. I would just like to add one more thing, my own personal request.

Please be respectful of an original poster's intent. There are times when a thread intended to go in one direction gets turned on it's head becuase of a random post here and there. Not every post by a female member needs to have a sexually oriented reply. That's where threads tend to get derailed and hijacked.

I entirely endorse UT's post. I would just like to add one more thing, my own personal request.

Please be respectful of an original poster's intent. There are times when a thread intended to go in one direction gets turned on it's head becuase of a random post here and there. Not every post by a female member needs to have a sexually oriented reply. That's where threads tend to get derailed and hijacked.

Thank you, I have stopped myself on a few occasions from starting a thread, for thinking , ok where will this thread lead off to.

I would like to say thanks to the mods for all you guys do here. It is a difficult thing to deal with the wide range of personalities and to me the way you handle it is simply what makes this place what it is....again thanks to the 25 - atleast is seems like 25 - mods who keep the peace

OK, what the hell happened yesterday?

Cliff's Notes Version

Lots of people got buck nasty with several sex topics.

Jokes got out of hand and offended some, then others got offended at those offended.

Gov Spitzer's a pimp

James Harrison smacked his woman around

And most people want the guy who killed his brother and everybody in the house in Memphis to fry.

Think that about covers it.

I would like to say thanks to the mods for all you guys do here. It is a difficult thing to deal with the wide range of personalities and to me the way you handle it is simply what makes this place what it is....again thanks to the 25 - atleast is seems like 25 - mods who keep the peace

Oh second that with great big YEAHHHH babee.

asskisser

:D

We don't want to resurrect any hard feelings. Feel free to read through yesterday's threads.

This request is not a direct result of that. It's been a trend that we've been concerned about for some time now. Although we all enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the ability to post with little to no censorship, we don't want to see this place become a sex chat board.

Cliff's Notes Version

Jokes got out of hand and offended some, then others got offended at those offended.

Gov Spitzer's a pimp

And most people want the guy who killed his brother and everybody in the house in Memphis to fry.

Yip that about covers it, well done indeed

Cliff's Notes Version

Gov Spitzer's a pimp

Thank god for Cliff's Notes.

I happened. :banghead:

We don't want to resurrect any hard feelings. Feel free to read through yesterday's threads.

This request is not a direct result of that. It's been a trend that we've been concerned about for some time now. Although we all enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the ability to post with little to no censorship, we don't want to see this place become a sex chat board.

Yup. Claremonster, it is not you bud. I love your contributions to the board. It is really kind of coincidental that I posted this thread today.

Again, nothing drastic here.

Back