CBS Radio Sell Off

Could tip the power balance between SportsHub and WEEI.

As a long time Felger and Zolak hater, I would love to see SportsHub go under.

http://www.bostonherald.com/busines..._radio_stations_would_reshape_boston_airwaves

I don't mind Zolak, but I don't go out of my way to listen to him either.
I haven't listened to the douchebag since framegate blew up beyond comprehension.
I tolerate the morning zoo keepers since I hate KKKallahan more than any other sports radio person (even more than Felger).

That being said, competition between the stations is healthy. The lack of competition is what allowed WEEI to get stale and too full of themselves.

I find myself listening to more music during the day than sports radio, especially this time of year.

I don't mind Zolak, but I don't go out of my way to listen to him either.
I haven't listened to the douchebag since framegate blew up beyond comprehension.
I tolerate the morning zoo keepers since I hate KKKallahan more than any other sports radio person (even more than Felger).

That being said, competition between the stations is healthy. The lack of competition is what allowed WEEI to get stale and too full of themselves.

I find myself listening to more music during the day than sports radio, especially this time of year.

Jeez, I just can't imagine life without Felgie and his squeaky toy. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Me too. I used to listen to Dale and Holly but once they added Thornton I just could not bare it anymore.

Me too. I used to listen to Dale and Holly but once they added Thornton I just could not bare it anymore.
First, I assume you know that Jerry is Hawg's little brother :rolleyes:

But I do listen to them because of Jerry. I find Holley insufferable and Dale is what he is, oakley dokely.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

But I do listen to them because of Jerry. I find Holley insufferable and Dale is what he is, oakley dokely.

Jerry saved that show. I'm exactly the opposite from you. I don't mind Holley but Dale drives me up a wall.

The blatantly unabashed and unapologetic homerism from Jerry is exactly what I want to hear.

Jerry saved that show. I'm exactly the opposite from you. I don't mind Holley but Dale drives me up a wall.

The blatantly unabashed and unapologetic homerism from Jerry is exactly what I want to hear.

The anti-Felger

Cheers

I don't like either extreme. But Jerry's takes are usually Ok but the sound of his voice drives me up a wall just like Mazz. Just can't listen too long without a headache. I like Holley probably the most because I feel like on most topics he is reasonable to slightly homerish. I also thought his Patriot Reign books was easily one of the best sports books I have ever read and wish he would do a sequel if the Pats would ever give him that type of access again. :)

I did not know that. So we have a celeb on these boards then? Pretty cool.

I thought it any station goes down . It would have been WEEI. They lost all the pro teams rights to sport hub except Redsox.

Jerry was one of the early members of the Planet ("ItsGoodItsGood", IGIG for short). He used to post his weekly takes on the games which eventually became his column on Barstoolsports and then the WEEI web site.

Many of us old timers have a soft spot for him.

I love Jerry and I don't mind Dale at all. I think Holley is the smartest guy in sports radio.
Jerry certainly was additive to that show.

I love Jerry and I don't mind Dale at all. I think Holley is the smartest guy in sports radio.
Jerry certainly was additive to that show.

Agree with everything you just said. Hi Five.

Jerry was one of the early members of the Planet ("ItsGoodItsGood", IGIG for short). He used to post his weekly takes on the games which eventually became his column on Barstoolsports and then the WEEI web site.

Many of us old timers have a soft spot for him.

That is pretty cool. I have heard him talk about his humble beginnings and how he got on the radio. Didn't realize he was a member here but it makes sense. I think his presence is a sharp contrast to the hate that permeates our media landscape which is also why he is so well received. I just wish he had a better radio voice for my aching ears. lol.

Jerry used to post here often; he's ItsGood_ItsGood.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

I love Jerry and I don't mind Dale at all. I think Holley is the smartest guy in sports radio. Jerry certainly was additive to that show.
Exactly. I don't get the Dale hate, personally.

Holley by far is the best on radio.

My irritation with Dale is that every opinion he delivers needs to be preceded by a disclaimer because he doesn't want to chance offending anyone. Also, he used to live in my neighborhood and our kids played youth sports at the same time. He was a bit sanctimonious at some of those events :shoot:

With Holley, it's just his delivery. He tends to sound as if he's about to laugh and not take himself seriously.

Those are minor things to be sure, but enough to drive me nuts at times. Jerry is the only reason why I became a regular listener and I finally had an alternative to the douchebag and his chihuahua.

Douchebag and his chihuahua is accurate for for sure.

My routine:

Used to be all 98.5 since their inception. I'd had it with EEI and they came along when badly needed.

Both T&R and Felger & Mazz completely soured me on DG. I don't know if they actually believe their stance or if they're playing the anti-homer intentionally for a ratings run - kind of like the Stern model: hate him but won't turn away cause you want to hear what he says next to hate him more. With all the info out there I'd like to believe it's the latter - media immersed in this topic and with half a brain should ba able to discern pretty quickly. But they're hardly alone. So....

So now it's D&C with Minihane. I used to hate, no HATE, Dennis. He's not bad at all anymore. And I like what Minihane brings. He's not keeping his cards to his vest. During DG he's brought more national people on the show and neutered them routinely. More than any other local guy and much stronger. I really like that.

Switch to Zo and Beetle. Though Beetle can get under my skin with his stance too. I attribute that to too much fat surrounding his grey matter and inhibiting proper blood flow. Until someone can come up with a better excuse I'm riding that.

Switch back to Dale & Holley with Jerry. Like their show a lot. EXCEPT when Dale talks hockey. And I'm a thru n thru hockey guy. My #1. He's just so damn condescending it's sickening. Like yesterday : topic-Claud developing young talent. He cites Pasternak and Accieri(14 games) and no mention of Hamilton, Seguin, or Kessel until Holley brings them up and even then he stands by Claud despite obvious issues and finishes every response with such disdain for the question its stomach turning. Overall they generally have a good to great show though. Just cannot take another minute of Felger and Dooshmazz. Amazed they still top the Boston market charts to be honest.

Evenings driving kids around I REALLY like Jones and Keefe. They have the best show on the air IMO, but by that time it's too much sports radio to listen to more.

Back