CBS Radio Sell Off

I very much enjoy Jerry's Thornography posts, radio comments, and sense of humor (this last one reveals Hawg as being related to Jerry). It baffles me how the WEEI mid-day show teases Jerry and how the morning show a-holes criticize him for being a Patriots homer. I mean, if I wanted to hear crap and hate toward the Pats why not stream some internet radio show from the Bills/Jets/Dolphins radio networks?

So, true confession here. One can't help but take the avatar/member name someone uses to get a mental picture of what that person looks like. Due to Hawg73's member name and avatar, I'd always had a certain mental picture of what he looked like (especially since I thought Hawg = Harley).

What I used to think Hawg73 looked something like in real life:

big-harley-rider.jpg

What I now think Hawg73 looks something like in real life (not that there's anything wrong with that, Hawg!):

1kit.JPG

I very much enjoy Jerry's Thornography posts, radio comments, and sense of humor (this last one reveals Hawg as being related to Jerry). It baffles me how the WEEI mid-day show teases Jerry and how the morning show a-holes criticize him for being a Patriots homer. I mean, if I wanted to hear crap and hate toward the Pats why not stream some internet radio show from the Bills/Jets/Dolphins radio networks?

Dale and Holley are typically pro Pats/Boston teams but also objective too. I think Jerry adds the fans perspective which is a nice compliment even if he is extreme at times. But I agree about the hate shows. It is what makes Felger and Mazz so awful. Neither are Boston fans, not that one has to be in order to do sports radio but they go out of their way to bash the teams and fans. Yet somehow their show is popular so maybe people like the hate. :shrug_n:

Our journalists are the same. Curran is the only one I read regularly and Bedard.

So, true confession here. One can't help but take the avatar/member name someone uses to get a mental picture of what that person looks like. Due to Hawg73's member name and avatar, I'd always had a certain mental picture of what he looked like (especially since I thought Hawg = Harley).

What I used to think Hawg73 looked something like in real life:

big-harley-rider.jpg

What I now think Hawg73 looks something like in real life (not that there's anything wrong with that, Hawg!):

1kit.JPG

That's pretty funny, but nobody knows less about motorcycles than I do.

Far as the morning show (particularly Minehane) goes, I've discussed it with Jerry and he's not worried about it at all. Apparently it's some sort of professional radio thing where you can rip somebody and then get along fine at the company Christmas party, so I just let it roll.

That is Minehan's schtick. Callahan gets him wound up like he's his pet schnauzer and gets giddy every time he nips somebody's ankles. I think of the guy as sort of pathetic, but if you lined up every asshole in Boston Sports Talk Radio I'd feel the same way about half of them.

It's been weird. I try to listen to Jerry as much as I can, but I have zero interest in hockey and little for anything else they discuss besides the Pats/NFL.

I completely quit listening to Sports Talk a few years back and didn't miss it. Then, he gets the gig, so I'm back, but I do wish it was football 12 months of the year.

I did hear Dale ranting about Clood yesterday and condescending is exactly the right word for the way he spoke. I wish either Jerry or Michael got in his face a bit, because he gets insufferable on the topic which makes it really tough for me to force myself to listen lately. I think they just didn't want to ratchet him up any worse than he already was, but he came off as a dick.

It's going to be interesting to see how this CBS thing affects 'EEI. I imagine it will have some effect.

Far as the morning show (particularly Minehane) goes, I've discussed it with Jerry and he's not worried about it at all. Apparently it's some sort of professional radio thing where you can rip somebody and then get along fine at the company Christmas party, so I just let it roll.

Sounds like lawyers. A postal carrier tried sueing me a few years back (I won, fortunately). It was incredible seeing my lawyer and the other one ripping each other a new one and then chatting about children and playing golf together during breaks.

That is Minehan's schtick. Callahan gets him wound up like he's his pet schnauzer and gets giddy every time he nips somebody's ankles. I think of the guy as sort of pathetic, but if you lined up every asshole in Boston Sports Talk Radio I'd feel the same way about half of them.

Can't stand these guys, especially when they constantly spin off into politics. Only listen cuz its the only sports radio available out here in the hinterlands.

It's been weird. I try to listen to Jerry as much as I can, but I have zero interest in hockey and little for anything else they discuss besides the Pats/NFL.
... I do wish it was football 12 months of the year.

With you on this.

Toucher and Rich are tools that are riding the marketing of CBS Radio. They appeal to a younger demographic. When you really listen to what they are saying, they suck. No depth whatsover.

D&C continue to be the best IMO. Minnehane is great addition, smart, quick witted, funny

Zolak has the IQ of a walnut and Beetle is a minor upgrade from Gresh.

EEI Midday is ok, but nothing to get excited about. Merloni and Fauria are rock heads and Ordway is overexposed on radio.

Felger and Mazz, annoy the crap out of me.

Dale and Holley are weak, but the addition of Thorton has helped alot.

Planet Mikey continues to be a gem IMO. Love Lenny Megs.

If you want to piss your pants, try listening to WEEI overnight (NBC Sports radio) with Schwartzman and Amani Toomer. Toomer might be the dumbest guy on national radio.

Weekends on EEI, Schwartzman and Rodney Harrison are AWESOME. You can listen Saturday 7-9AM on 93.7 and Sunday 7-9AM on 103.7

There you have it.

Haven't heard about it here, but I'm sure it's been mentioned. Rodney Harrison's Safety Blitz program (NBC) is on one ote 2 stations early Saturday and Rodney is outstanding, imo.

Cheers, from the Valley of the Sun

Haven't heard about it here, but I'm sure it's been mentioned. Rodney Harrison's Safety Blitz program (NBC) is on one ote 2 stations early Saturday and Rodney is outstanding, imo.

Cheers, from the Valley of the Sun

Thanks because you didn't read the previous post, u dumb bastard.

It's my post and right above yours

Weekends on EEI, Schwartzman and Rodney Harrison are AWESOME. You can listen Saturday 7-9AM on 93.7 and Sunday 7-9AM on 103.7

What's the hell your problem . Calling Tim a dumb bastard.

Normally I would be really contrite and say oops. So sorry. But in your case I'll just say: You didn't really expect me to read that **** all the way through, did you? ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

Smarten up. I appreciated your info, but if you think everybody here hangs on every post then you are wrong.

There might be a few dumb bastards here. I might even be one, but I can certify that Tim isn't and we don't need to read anymore insulting bullshit out of you.

Just stop it. Sometimes some of us don't have the time to sit and read everything that's posted.

If you said that to me, I'd ride the shit out of you until you (1) apologized, or (2) I annoyed the shit out of you until you took a vacation from here.

I stopped reading your post right after this part of it:

D&C have been doing a poll for a couple of weeks now about who's the biggest a$$hole in Boston media. They've had different pairings, and whoever is the bigger of the two moves on and gets polled with another winner of a pairing. They've been doing polls on Twitter and other social media, and listeners do the voting. Now it's down to the final two.

It's a dead even final.

And, btw, Jerry Thornton wasn't even mentioned in any of the pairings. He's a fan favorite.

View attachment 97606

I am not surprised that it is a dead heat between Kirk and Gary. But honestly, my final two would be Felger and Gary with Felger as the winner.

Yup, me too.

KKKallahan makes my skin crawl. I tried to listen again a couple of times recently because the buffoons on the 98.5 morning show have gotten stale and are rarely funny. Each time, within minutes, the show switched to politics and I had to put music back on.

It was a fix, they all ended up 50/50 so it would be Minihane and Tanguay in the final and wow, a Tie again!!!

total BS poles for anyone who took it seriously.

no need to be a total douchebag, sometimes post gets missed, a Simple see below would have sufficed

like I didn't need to call you a douchebag, I could have linked these posts with a "SEE BELOW" for dramatic effect I choose to add to them.

What's the hell your problem . Calling Tim a dumb bastard.

Normally I would be really contrite and say oops. So sorry. But in your case I'll just say: You didn't really expect me to read that **** all the way through, did you? ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

Smarten up. I appreciated your info, but if you think everybody here hangs on every post then you are wrong.

There might be a few dumb bastards here. I might even be one, but I can certify that Tim isn't and we don't need to read anymore insulting bullshit out of you.

Just stop it. Sometimes some of us don't have the time to sit and read everything that's posted.

If you said that to me, I'd ride the shit out of you until you (1) apologized, or (2) I annoyed the shit out of you until you took a vacation from here.

Yup, me too.

KKKallahan makes my skin crawl. I tried to listen again a couple of times recently because the buffoons on the 98.5 morning show have gotten stale and are rarely funny. Each time, within minutes, the show switched to politics and I had to put music back on.

Back