Celtics

So the Celtics managed to force a Game 7. Good, though we all know home court doesn't seem to be an advantage for them. Hopefully they don't get too full of themselves and pull out the win tomorrow because unless the Heat are as flat as 🥞, it'll be a dogfight.

Looks like "Cowboy up!" still has some magic. 🤠

Crazy game. I am telling my son they can’t hit a three to save their lives and were still winning. Shouldn’t have to have come down to that play by white, but damn cool the way it ended!

So the last three games I have not watched,have recorded, and watched the next day.

I REALLY want to watch game 7. What sayeth, PP?

#YourLuckyCharm # YouAreWelcome 🤣🤣🤣

Sure I was having a fatal heart attack. Quite surprised to wake up this am.

Good, though we all know home court doesn't seem to be an advantage for them.
Game 7 is a completely different animal though, being able to play that at the Garden is a big deal and a huge advantage. In the 2 "win or go home" games at the Garden, they destroyed the opponent. Something tells me Butler won't be guaranteeing a victory for the 3rd straight game.

Edit: Well I was wrong, he already went there: Butler told reporters, per ASAP Sports. “I’m not going to let anybody quit. I’m not going to let our guys quit. I don’t give a damn what happens. We’re going to go in there and we’re going to win.”

So the last three games I have not watched,have recorded, and watched the next day.

I REALLY want to watch game 7. What sayeth, PP?

#YourLuckyCharm # YouAreWelcome 🤣🤣🤣
I am

Game 7 is a completely different animal though, being able to play that at the Garden is a big deal and a huge advantage. In the 2 "win or go home" games at the Garden, they destroyed the opponent. Something tells me Butler won't be guaranteeing a victory for the 3rd straight game.

Edit: Well I was wrong, he already went there: Butler told reporters, per ASAP Sports. “I’m not going to let anybody quit. I’m not going to let our guys quit. I don’t give a damn what happens. We’re going to go in there and we’re going to win.”
...and there goes the respect I had for him. Shut up and play

I am stunned at the comeback really. Also, I am more stunned that on national TV, in the ECF they called a defensive foul on Horford, when Butler double dribbled, AND launched himself into Horford, which is an offensive foul according to the NBA. I mean that was blatant. No chance he should have had 3 foul shots there. None. And no one is talking about it which is the more stunning part.

From 2021

I am stunned at the comeback really. Also, I am more stunned that on national TV, in the ECF they called a defensive foul on Horford, when Butler double dribbled, AND launched himself into Horford, which is an offensive foul according to the NBA. I mean that was blatant. No chance he should have had 3 foul shots there. None. And no one is talking about it which is the more stunning part.
Butler was behind the line.

He was fouled. But only in slow motion, frame by frame.

Problem in the NBA is that everything is called at the very end of a game. Especially if it's a ""name"" star. I officiated BB for 33 years and these guys today don't have a clue.

1. Not one of them calls palming. Every player today turns the ball over at least once.
2. Traveling. Two steps is the book rule. Raise the second foot after moving the first is illegal. Today, three or four steps to the basket is acceptable.
3. 3 Seconds. Players grow roots. Players set up and stay in the paint for as longer as the play takes. Refs can't count 1,2,3.

Flopping has become an art and most players look foolish doing it and do it so poorly that it embarrasses the blind.

BUT, it's become acceptable and has diminished the quality of the game.

Butler was behind the line.

He was fouled. But only in slow motion, frame by frame.

Problem in the NBA is that everything is called at the very end of a game. Especially if it's a ""name"" star. I officiated BB for 33 years and these guys today don't have a clue.

1. Not one of them calls palming. Every player today turns the ball over at least once.
2. Traveling. Two steps is the book rule. Raise the second foot after moving the first is illegal. Today, three or four steps to the basket is acceptable.
3. 3 Seconds. Players grow roots. Players set up and stay in the paint for as longer as the play takes. Refs can't count 1,2,3.

Flopping has become an art and most players look foolish doing it and do it so poorly that it embarrasses the blind.

BUT, it's become acceptable and has diminished the quality of the game.

Thanks for the response. I agree with all you said, the paint stuff drives me wild. Still, he was almost horizontal to the floor when he leapt into Horford and had no sense of a shooting motion. That seems completely in line with the emphasis from the league. Oh well, thankfully they still won.

To be fair, Himmy Butler is already 0-2 on his guarantees in this series.

Back