Celtics

Was at the ballfield last night so need to re-watch the first half at real speed to get my full bearing on the game. A few things:
  • Taking a 25-point lead into the half against a team who punched your lights out in Game 1 - and oh yeah, without Marcus Smart - is incredible
  • Stan Van Gundy was 100% correct in that the Celtics offensive approach in the 2nd half was atrocious - not sure if fatigue was a factor since they tightened up the rotation (think for most of the game it was 7 guys)
  • I know Brown is banged up but he was virtually non-existent in the 2nd half; thank God for what Williams was able to give them, offensively
  • What's up with Payton Pritchard? At times, he looks like an assassin, and at other times is almost scared and overwhelmed to be on the floor
  • Robert Williams is a fucking BEAST

I can't recall ever feeling as nervous as I was with an 18-point 4th quarter lead, but I don't think I felt comfortable until they were around the 2-minute mark. They need to move the ball around more, offensively. Glad they'll get a few days off to hopefully heal up.

Interesting to hear Charles Barkley saying it was maybe one of the greatest 3 point displays in history.
Yes, particularly when during the pregame Charles predicted that the Celtics would get swept 4-0. I generally like him, but...

Yes, particularly when during the pregame Charles predicted that the Celtics would get swept 4-0. I generally like him, but...
When I got in last night, it was just before the start of the 3rd quarter and I had no idea what the score was. TNT was playing that sound bite so I thought the Celtics were getting killed again. Then they went to the score graphic with the C's having a 25-point lead :ROFLMAO:

Love it than even TNT was trolling Barkley.

Is it Saturday yet? The Bruins are not filling my playoff excitement needs. Seriously what the f is up with a 3-day layoff? I know it actually benefits the C's in this case but still....

And we're off and running. Not bad from the Celtics so far. Giannis continues his poor 3 point record, 3 from 20 in the playoffs.

Good end to the half. Celtics came back. Tatum is off with the 3s though

Boston with the lead by 4, great 3 pointer at the buzzer by Grant Williams.

Celtics aren't playing well, but they have no chance of winning this series if this type of officiating continues. Not an excuse.. Just a fact.

Celtics aren't playing well, but they have no chance of winning this series if this type of officiating continues. Not an excuse.. Just a fact.
You basically channeled what I just said to the TV.

tatum is stinky today. There was no way in hell they were going to keep shooting like they did in game 2

Heck of a game.
I think the Celtics are better.
But sometimes the better team doesn't win...

Now onto the Pens and hoping for a better result, then bed for a few hours , then work my ass off for 4.

And then start it all over agian

Last edited:
They'll win game 4 and take home court back.

It really is true about Giannis, refs seem literally unable to call offensive fouls on him. I mean, he barrels his way through players, elbowing them out of the way when they have their feet clearly planted. It's ludicrous.

It really is true about Giannis, refs seem literally unable to call offensive fouls on him. I mean, he barrels his way through players, elbowing them out of the way when they have their feet clearly planted. It's ludicrous.

Hmm. I wonder if their is an under the breath edict come down from Adam Silvers office to the refs for the purpose of clearing a path for Giannis to become new face of the NBA. Only a hyper successful player can be.

Gianni by all accounts appears to be the real deal, eminently likeable with talent and skill to reach incredible heights.

I wonder if Silver is intentionally attempting to cleanse pallet of the fans of the horrid taste and stench that is LeBron James and his shameful persona.

Once Giannis reached superstar status he started getting away with a lot, just like every superstar in the NBA really. It's just the way the league is, not to say the league doesn't influence how a game should be called. And I hate how if someone gets a foul called in their favor, they can't get a foul themselves on the continuation of the play. Like when Giannis got fouled, then punched RW3 in the face with the ball(not purposely), and I think that was an "and 1" right? RW3 could have defended that shot if not for that. It's like if you get fouled it's a get automatic out of jail free for whatever comes next.

Al horford is carrying this team right now. If it wasn't for him. They would be down by 15.

Back