Celtics

Al horford gets all the credit for this win. Honorable mention to Marcus smart. He had two huge buckets in the paint late in the 4th.

Last edited:
Al horford gets all the credit for this win. Honorable mention to Marcus smart. He has two huge buckets in the paint late in the 4th.
Not all, but a lot. Tatum and Smart were lights out in the 4th. Celtics in the 4th quarter were 16-19 for FG. Let that sink in for a minute. And, against a very good defense. The game was won on grit, heart and gonads.

Horford is what got them going for sure, putting the smack down on Giannis really lit that spark. He's been the most consistent through the playoffs really. That scoop shot by Tatum when he was falling was pretty amazing too, and I loved how Smart beat Jrue at his own game.

Not all, but a lot. Tatum and Smart were lights out in the 4th. Celtics in the 4th quarter were 16-19 for FG. Let that sink in for a minute. And, against a very good defense. The game was won on grit, heart and gonads.
tatum is still playing too much hero ball. He needs to stop forcing shots and killing the shot clock.

Horford is what got them going for sure, putting the smack down on Giannis really lit that spark. He's been the most consistent through the playoffs really.
I'm going to date myself here, but it sort of reminded me of the McHale/Rambis hit in '84. Until Al whacked Giannis, I thought he (Giannis) had been just punishing people with his drives. Al knew he whacked him, didn't argue the call and knew full well what he did.

I agree. But, his 4th was lights out. More often than not, he irritates me.
lol im glad im not the only one. brown drives me nuts more than tatum. im spoiled i guess from watching those celtics games in the 70s and 80s.

I'm going to date myself here, but it sort of reminded me of the McHale/Rambis hit in '84. Until Al whacked Giannis, I thought he (Giannis) had been just punishing people with his drives. Al knew he whacked him, didn't argue the call and knew full well what he did.
Yeah I'm old too....I was actually thinking this has felt like a throw back series, as much as it can be with today's rules. It favors the C's too, if it comes down to physicality they will outlast any team in the NBA, no doubt in my mind about that. Giannis is already looking more and more gassed at the end of games. I didn't think it was even possible to wear him down but he's showing signs for sure.

That hit stopped showtime dead in it's tracks. That 1 hit doomed the Lakers.

Yeah I'm old too....I was actually thinking this has felt like a throw back series, as much as it can be with today's rules. It favors the C's too, if it comes down to physicality they will outlast any team in the NBA, no doubt in my mind about that. Giannis is already looking more and more gassed at the end of games. I didn't think it was even possible to wear him down but he's showing signs for sure.
You let Giannis get his and shut everybody else down. He's their only consistent offensive weapon.

g
You let Giannis get his and shut everybody else down. He's their only consistent offensive weapon.
Lopez has doing decently lately especially when Giannis was on the bench.

Need to shut that down, I agree.

Yeah I've been saying that from the start, but you still want him to work hard for it with some help defense when he drives, just don't double him. That was an interesting change by Udoka in the 4th too, going small with White out there instead of GWilliams. So basically it was Tatum/Brown on Giannis outside the paint, with some Horford help on the drives. White quietly had a great game I thought too, no turnovers, disruptive defense and efficient offense.

g

Lopez has doing decently lately especially when Giannis was on the bench.

Need to shut that down, I agree.
They don't run offensive sets for Lopez, he's basically a larger version of the Time Lord...who will be back for Game 5.

Lopez reminds me of Lurch, watching him run down the court cracks me up. Should be another good one tonight.

Back