Celtics

Two things on that last play:
1) I want to kiss Smart for not taking that shot himself
2) It was KD who let Tatum break to the net and as much as I hate the guy, to Kyrie's credit, it still did everything he could, defensively, to make it difficult for Tatum to get all the way around him and make it. That bucket is 100% on KD.
That's how Jr and I thought this one was going to end. He hit a couple 3s earlier and that seems to make him think he's Steph Curry. Absolutely love him beyond that, been calling for him to start at the point for years.

Congrats to Marcus!

Nice photo of that last shot:
5e015da6265c195bd735151424cb24ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm curious, looking at both clocks why does the shot only have .6 and the game clock .8? Didn't they get the ball with only 15 seconds left in the game?

I'm curious, looking at both clocks why does the shot only have .6 and the game clock .8? Didn't they get the ball with only 15 seconds left in the game?
Only thing that matters is where the ball is when the lights go off. Bottom of the net...

Not sure the C's could have played any worse in that first half and are only down 10. I don't think Brooklyn has been that great either, a lot of excuse me offense, deflected passes and loose balls going to directly to them. They've dominated the boards though, that has to stop, the C's are bigger, there is no excuse for that. And hit your damn free throws! The C's usually own the 3rd quarter, they are going to need to tonight.

Not sure the C's could have played any worse in that first half and are only down 10. I don't think Brooklyn has been that great either, a lot of excuse me offense, deflected passes and loose balls going to directly to them. They've dominated the boards though, that has to stop, the C's are bigger, there is no excuse for that. And hit your damn free throws! The C's usually own the 3rd quarter, they are going to need to tonight.
Brooklyn wasn't going to shoot 65% all night.

Refs tried to give the Nets the game, sent Durant to the FT line 20 times, didn't matter.
Kyrie Irving: No show.

Series over. Just a question of how many games now. :coffee:

Last edited:
Brooklyn wasn't going to shoot 65% all night.

Refs tried to give the Nets the game, sent Durant to the FT line 20 times, didn't matter.
Kyrie Irving: No show.

Series over. Just a question of how many game snow. :coffee:
lol yeah, that 65% had a lot to do with that "excuse me" offense I mentioned. I've never seen so many fortuitous bounces for one team in my life, leading to layups and wide open 3's. Be that as it may, the C's starters offense sucked outside of Horford until the 4th quarter. The bench overall was very good, Williams almost single handedly kept the game within striking distance in the 2nd. It's a good win, it seems you always need that one game where your bench really needs to step up and they did. The Nets look like a team on the verge of giving up to me.

I thought the refs were horrible for both teams, they called a completely different game in the 2nd half than the 1st, so many ticky tack and phantom foul calls.

lol yeah, that 65% had a lot to do with that "excuse me" offense I mentioned. I've never seen so many fortuitous bounces for one team in my life, leading to layups and wide open 3's. Be that as it may, the C's starters offense sucked outside of Horford until the 4th quarter. The bench overall was very good, Williams almost single handedly kept the game within striking distance in the 2nd. It's a good win, it seems you always need that one game where your bench really needs to step up and they did. The Nets look like a team on the verge of giving up to me.
Pritchard was phenomenal down the stretch. To the point that he was on the floor with the starters. And really Grant Williams kept them in it in the first half.

And again, I really feel like the refs had the edict out for the Nets tonight. Breathing near Durant got him to the line. Good thing, because he wasn't shooting great.

Watched again yesterday. Nice comeback against a no.7 seed.
Wondering this morning how Bird, McHale ,The Chief, Ainge and DJ would fare in today's game.
Random thought.
I hear this all the time (in fact, a Kobe/Lebron butt boy is spewing about it on FB this AM for some reason) and think if you beamed them from 1986 to present day, they would not fare all that well for a few reason, the biggest one being the presence of the 3-point shot in today's game. However, had Bird, McHale, Parrish and DJ been born in this time, grown up and developed as today's players did, they'd all still be fine players.

Ainge was a fine player but he was never a star. I think we historically overrate him because of the teams he played on (although he did go to play in two other NBA FInals after he left Boston). But while Bird might still be Bird, I think Danny would be the one player of all the folks you mentioned whose stock might rise the most (vs. his playing days) because he was a terrific 3-point shooter in a time 3-point attempts were made sparingly. Not saying he would be Steph Curry, but maybe closer to a Ray Allen and perhaps have inched closer toward a HOF career. Just my $0.02

Watched again yesterday. Nice comeback against a no.7 seed.
Wondering this morning how Bird, McHale ,The Chief, Ainge and DJ would fare in today's game.
Random thought.

Seeding means nothing for a team like the Nets, who lacked Kyrie for a good chunk of the season.

Seeding means nothing for a team like the Nets, who lacked Kyrie for a good chunk of the season.

ok. like i mentioned earlier in the thread. I haven't watched the NBA for 2 years. Kyrie had a great game. :coffee:
Thanks.

Go C's.

I hear this all the time (in fact, a Kobe/Lebron butt boy is spewing about it on FB this AM for some reason) and think if you beamed them from 1986 to present day, they would not fare all that well for a few reason, the biggest one being the presence of the 3-point shot in today's game. However, had Bird, McHale, Parrish and DJ been born in this time, grown up and developed as today's players did, they'd all still be fine players.

Ainge was a fine player but he was never a star. I think we historically overrate him because of the teams he played on (although he did go to play in two other NBA FInals after he left Boston). But while Bird might still be Bird, I think Danny would be the one player of all the folks you mentioned whose stock might rise the most (vs. his playing days) because he was a terrific 3-point shooter in a time 3-point attempts were made sparingly. Not saying he would be Steph Curry, but maybe closer to a Ray Allen and perhaps have inched closer toward a HOF career. Just my $0.02
The 3 point shot existed then, and nobody in the league was better at shooting it than Bird.

Back