Chad Johnson to Patriots

Without a doubt.

The old Baltimore players definitely felt that way. Some of them even said they couldn't enjoy the Superbowl 5 win because of the Superbowl 3 loss.

I find that sad (even though I don't care at all about the Baltimore teams)

Why is that? :rimshot:

Why is that? :rimshot:
Two reasons.

First off, I wasn't alive when they were playing (I was 4 when the team moved)

And secondly, many of them came out and said they didn't want to have anything to do with the Indianapolis Colts. I'm the type of person that if you tell me you don't want anything to do with me, I'm going to return the favor.

Two reasons.

First off, I wasn't alive when they were playing (I was 4 when the team moved)

And secondly, many of them came out and said they didn't want to have anything to do with the Indianapolis Colts. I'm the type of person that if you tell me you don't want anything to do with me, I'm going to return the favor.

So now you're admittedly a band wagoner? :poke:

JK.

So now you're admittedly a band wagoner? :poke:

JK.
Sort of I suppose.

I started really watching in 95 when Harbaugh lead us to the AFCCG. Been a fan ever since. That was also when I started watching football in general.

I've always said there is nothing wrong with jumping onto the bandwagon, it's just when you jump off that there is an issue.

Mike Reiss on what Pats players are saying about Chad.

By Mike Reiss
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Few receivers know the Patriots' offensive system as well as Deion Branch, who first joined the team in 2002. Along those lines, Branch has been impressed with what he's seen from Chad Ochocinco over the last few days in terms of adapting to what the Patriots do.

"I think he's picked up a lot of things," Branch said after Sunday morning's walkthrough. "The stuff they've thrown at him, I think he's done a great job of picking it up. The stuff that he's sliding on, we're going to do our best to pick him up when we can, and when he needs it. So far he hasn't been needing it and that's a good sign."

Ochocinco has quickly immersed himself in the mix, catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady and lining up with some of the team's other top receivers in drills. Branch likes the potential of the receiving corps with Ochocinco aboard.

"I think we should be good," he said. "Chad is great. he's a proven player, a veteran, very entertaining. We expect he has to come in and help us out."

Veteran cornerback Leigh Bodden, who earned respect from Ochocinco when the two faced off in Bengals/Browns games from 2003-2007, also commented on Ochocinco's presence.

"To [compete] against him every day now is a great thing," he said. "He's rejuvenated and he's ready to come out here and help us win. He's a good guy, funny, but he's also a work-a-holic. It's good to see him happy and ready to go.

"Even yesterday, he came up to me and said 'If you see anything, just let me know, no matter what it is', so he can get better. That's something you don't see every day from a receiver like that. So I know he's going to bring hard work and dedication to try to help us win."
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../_/id/4698837/branch-ochocinco-learns-quickly

Leigh Bodden said:
Even yesterday, he came up to me and said 'If you see anything, just let me know, no matter what it is', so he can get better. That's something you don't see every day from a receiver like that. So I know he's going to bring hard work and dedication to try to help us win."

Tingly alert! Tingly alert! :arrr:

:thumb:
Posted via Mobile Device

Still plenty of time for Egomaniac Chad to rear his ugly head, but early signs are promising.

I'll be happy if he stops dropping so many balls. His personality is fun to me.

Ugh. Would've rather had TO. Chad is beyond overrated, just doesn't have the ability/skill set to be a true #1 WR superstar like he would like to be.

Ugh. Would've rather had TO. Chad is beyond overrated, just doesn't have the ability/skill set to be a true #1 WR superstar like he would like to be.

I dunno, I prefer my wideouts to have functioning ACLs, but that's just me... :shrug:

Who has said that Chad will be the #1?

With this WR/TE/RB corp, the Patriots don't need a #1; they simply need WRs who can run a variety of routes, opening up the field for Brady to carve up.

It's a bit beside the point, but last year we were able to see TO and Ocho side by side and, well, I think we all can agree who proved to be much more valuable and actually back up the talk.

With that said, I agree, I love the idea of not having a "#1" go to diva receiver... I love having targets all over the field and carving up the D with a bunch of "no name" guys- it's the Patriots way. However, Ocho thinks he is that "#1" limelight go to guy and comes with the diva mentality. Did you see him arguing with Carson (clock running, team on the line) on the the field last year? I can't stand the thought of him being in NE.

If he'll stfu and get in line, I think he could work out great with the Pats.

I don't understand why anyone would rather have TO on this team than Ocho. Not only is the man injured, but he's older and slower than what he used to be, and he still hasn't really overcome the drops. He got more looks last year in Cincy because it was obvious Palmer didn't care for Ochocinco and Chad knew his role was going to be reduced. Chad, who according to some here is a "diva", lobbied for another diva to join the team. I don't understand why a diva would want another diva on the team to steal all of his catches. Especially the type of diva who would throw a fit whenever he didn't get the ball because he was "running routes for nothing".

He's not a me first player, he never has been and hopefully never will be. He's not a locker room cancer, he's not selfish and he's not a diva. He does the riverdance after making a touchdown catch in the corner of the end zone and didn't get along with his QB in CIN. The only talking we've seen him do, apart from the press conference was praise the team and call it heaven. All he wants to do is win, and now he is in a better position to do so.

He's definitely not as fast as before, but he has great agility and route running that TB will grow to like. He's got to improve his catching and get used to the zip that TB puts on the ball. He'll get better, and I hope he will prove the doubters wrong.

Back