CHARGERS week!

Jammer

Reaction score
Hi all longtime since i have been here...

except for the Bruins Stanley cup victory:thumb:

Not sure Yet... have to talk to wife...

Anyone of you would find me 2 tickets for the game this Sunday?

In return i would give two tickets for the Bruins in Montréal either the november 21st or february 15th! those are good tickets redline center 20 rows from the ice...

Nice Game by Brady Last night!

Hi Jammer!

Dude, you nuts? 6 days til the game and you are asking???:rolleyes:

The Chargers fans will no doubt be showing their passion just like Aiden:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/95LTGcDP-x0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the pass D doesn't improve considerably, Brady's 517 could be overshadowed by an even higher number from Rivers.

Should be a great game, glad it's in Foxboro.

If the pass D doesn't improve considerably, Brady's 517 could be overshadowed by an even higher number from Rivers.

I agree. VJ and Floyd are going to be a huge test for our CBs. Does any one know if Molden saw the field last night? We're going to need to improve quickly in this short week.

One important note about this game. I am attending.

Have no fear, kids :)

<-------------has never attended a loss

Chargers week?
More like semi-bye week before the Bills week

One important note about this game. I am attending.

Have no fear, kids :)

<-------------has never attended a loss

Oooohhhh fuuuudddge :eek:hnoez:

fudge.jpg

Jammer if I had two extra tickets I'd consider that, I've always wanted to catch a game at the Bell Centre. Sadly, I have 0 tickets for the game Sunday...:sulk:

Nah. Rivers won't be any better than Henne was and Miami has some decent weapons as well. I'm honestly not worried about the D at all.

Eh, I hate Charger week. We win most of the time but its always an ugly gut wrenching game.

The key on offense this week is the play of the OL. They got dominated in SD last year. Mankins was out. And, Wendell got abused if I recall. Hope Vollmer can play. But, Solder did look . I'm already thinking of an ol next year of; Solder, Mankins, Konz(Wisconsin - C0, Cannon and Vollmer,

On defense, we have to pressure Rivers. We looked improved in that area last night. Other than the 08 game Brady didn't play. They haven't scored a bunch of points on us; 21 06 playoff game, 14 and 12 in 07, 30 out there in 08 and 20 last year. Hold them to 17 or less. We will win the game.

The key on offense this week is the play of the OL. They got dominated in SD last year. Mankins was out. And, Wendell got abused if I recall. Hope Vollmer can play. But, Solder did look . I'm already thinking of an ol next year of; Solder, Mankins, Konz(Wisconsin - C0, Cannon and Vollmer,

On defense, we have to pressure Rivers. We looked improved in that area last night. Other than the 08 game Brady didn't play. They haven't scored a bunch of points on us; 21 06 playoff game, 14 and 12 in 07, 30 out there in 08 and 20 last year. Hold them to 17 or less. We will win the game.

I have seen Rivers have protection issues in other games, I think they can get to him in this game. I made the mistake of listening to Warren Sap talking about the game last night and he was like, man if Henne had 400 yards passing then Rivers will have 600. I am sitting there explaining things to a TV screen before I figured out that it probably would be the same affect had he been standing there.

I have seen Rivers have protection issues in other games, I think they can get to him in this game. I made the mistake of listening to Warren Sap talking about the game last night and he was like, man if Henne had 400 yards passing then Rivers will have 600. I am sitting there explaining things to a TV screen before I figured out that it probably would be the same affect had he been standing there.

ProFootball Weekly says the Chargers will be hard pressed to protect Rivers in this Sunday's game.

The PFW Spin
Rallying at home to beat a below-average Vikings squad led by an aging Donovan McNabb is one thing. It was a game the Chargers had to win, one that a division favorite should be able to handle early in the season.
Beating Tom Brady and the Patriots next Sunday in Foxboroughwill be completely different. The Bolts have struggled vs. the Pats in recent years, losing four of the five meetings since Rivers became starting quarterback in 2006, including two in the playoffs. The most recent of those defeats came last season in San Diego when the Chargers fell behind 20-3, then tried to rally late but came up short in a 23-20 loss. Traveling across the country to face a serious conference contender in a game shown on national TV will require an improved performance from the Chargers.
Several units will need to elevate their games. The offensive line, which too often was pushed around by an undermanned Vikings front four, allowing a pair of sacks, six tackles for loss and four plays that went for no gain, has to do a better job. The Patriots have size up front with Vince Wilfork and Albert Haynesworth, and the San Diego front five will have to give Rivers and the running backs some room to operate.
At the same time, the Chargers' wide receivers have to be more involved in the action. Minnesota played nearly the entire game with two deep safeties, forcing Rivers to throw underneath instead of stretching the field vertically in the passing game. That allowed for plenty of work for TE Antonio Gates (eight catches, 74 yards) and RBs Ryan Mathews and Tolbert (combined 12 catches, 131 yards, two TDs), but very little for WRs Vincent Jackson and Malcom Floyd (combined five catches for 76 yards). Jackson had a chance at a long TD in the second quarter, but the receiver appeared to not be running at full speed and missed the catch by a yard or so.
Then there's the special teams, a group that, like the smog in Southern California, is a problem that never seems to be fixed. Harvin's kickoff-return touchdown came because multiple players failed to stay in their lanes and they couldn't bring the returner down even when they got their hands on him. The last player who had an angle was Kaeding, who tore up his knee attempting to stop the touchdown. P Mike Scifres handled the kickoffs and placekicking for the remainder of the game, but there are loads of issues this group still needs to figure out.
The 2010 Chargers would be facing the New England matchup with an 0-1 record and mountains of pressure upon them. Not so for this year's team, which rallied and won the opener and now can be focused heading into a big game. It wasn't pretty, but an ugly win sure beats the alternative. Now the question is: Can the Chargers build an early-season winning streak?

Back