Charles Manson is Dead

His death came about 47 years later than it needed to be, but I've always felt like he was a perfect example of a guy whose image was greatly exaggerated by the press based largely on his psycho facial expressions. They LOVED having a Manson to demonize because he was right out of central casting whereas a lot of real serial killers are disturbingly bland, seemingly regular folks.

There were and are a lot of defective animals around the world who did a lot worse than Manson. He was skilled at manipulating his delusional hippie "followers" with his bizarre philosophies, but I'd bet that a lot of folks out there still think that he was the guy that did the actual killing. He didn't kill anybody as far as we know.

Anyways, I'll drink a toast celebrating his death. It was a long time coming.

FWIW, I was reminded of him last week when I binge-watched Season 1 of Mindhunters from Netflix. It's based on a book by John Douglas (which I had read) on how the FBI developed the technique of profiling serial killers through jailhouse interviews with some of the sickest folks on the planet and Manson's case was much-discussed during the show. It's well done and worth watching for folks that don't mind extremely dark subject matter.

As the psycho mind-controlling ring leader who ordered the killings, he was as responsible as the actual killers. 47 years and >$2M in cost to California tax payers for his incarceration. For the families of his victims, I'm glad he's finally dead. He was a nightmare.

The business of incarceration in the US is a failed business because there is no product produced.

He should’ve been executed 40+ yrs ago.

I wonder how many Planeteers know who Tate, Folger, Frykowski, Sebring and the LaBianca's were?

Quite a few of us grew up listening to the music of the 60s.

A few of this crowd even listened to music from an earlier decade (or as Mrs. TR disdainfully calls it: that 50s sh!t).

Quite a few of us grew up listening to the music of the 60s.

A few of this crowd even listened to music from an earlier decade (or as Mrs. TR disdainfully calls it: that 50s sh!t).

Mrs. TR sounds like my kind of gal. Can't stand that crap.

b84d8c3917f7f3c54011fd70de125c03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back