Christmas lights...

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you do them? Big outdoor display? I never do much outside. We just usually have a well-lit tree in the window.

If I did do something outside, this is right up my alley - saw this pic of someone's Christmas lights, and apparently it is fooling a lot of people who are stopping to help.

KJ5mX9D.jpg

I put up a few.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e5kJw-SfWRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 string of lights on each of the 2 trees in my front yard. I plug them into an outdoor outlet with a plug that has a remote on/off switch.

Done in 5 minutes.

I used to decorate much more than I do now, partially due to my cats, and mostly because I'm lazy :) I never decorated outside areas too much.

Plus, I spend Christmas in RI with family, so I get to enjoy their decorations.

I do decorate the front porch. Have a few lit arrangements and some lanterns. Inside well let's just say I go a bit overboard. My kids alway joke about it but they were alway the first to show it off. I love seeing the grandkids reactions.

~Dee~

Local high school kid does this every year and puts out a container for donations to a local food pantry. I applaud his efforts and love the facts that he has a different take on charity.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yf4MMN1p9bQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Local high school kid does this every year and puts out a container for donations to a local food pantry. I applaud his efforts and love the facts that he has a different take on charity.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yf4MMN1p9bQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Very cool.

I used to do more. I would put about 2500 lights up with a train, Santa, Snowman, wood cut out snowman family plus I build a manger out of pallets.

this year I have 500 lights, the train and snowmen and will do build manger sunday with kids hopefully, depends on shoulder at this point.

We've got 3 trees at the top of our driveway that have lights on them year round but we only use them in the winter. Wife also puts a couple of deer (buck and doe) displays in front of the house along with what I call her "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree. Flower boxes under the front windows also get a string of white lights and some fake candles too.

It makes her happy so I'm ok with it.

First year in our house, didn't do a whole lot outside. Wreath on the door, folly garland around the door frame, lighted garland around the lamp pole at the head of the driveway. Have bigger plans for next year but I'm done.

Inside/family room looks great...and the Christmas tiger has made a return after being MIA for the last 3 years.

I just commented to my wife how I thought we had got a bit lazy in the Christmas light department. We peaked the year that there was a lighting contest which we won. We had the front of the house covered with lights along with an enormous wreath around the steps that you could actually walk through and had lights all down both sides of the house. Now we just do the front and call it good. I need to start planning for next year. My wife is an Elvis fan so I'm envisioning the same type of lights only all blue and then make a light up Elvis silhouette and maybe put Blue Christmas on a constant loop in front of the house.

I just commented to my wife how I thought we had got a bit lazy in the Christmas light department. We peaked the year that there was a lighting contest which we won. We had the front of the house covered with lights along with an enormous wreath around the steps that you could actually walk through and had lights all down both sides of the house. Now we just do the front and call it good. I need to start planning for next year. My wife is an Elvis fan so I'm envisioning the same type of lights only all blue and then make a light up Elvis silhouette and maybe put Blue Christmas on a constant loop in front of the house.
Elvis fan?? your wife is a good woman.

Do you do them? Big outdoor display? I never do much outside. We just usually have a well-lit tree in the window.

If I did do something outside, this is right up my alley - saw this pic of someone's Christmas lights, and apparently it is fooling a lot of people who are stopping to help.
I saw a Santa mannequin on the side of a chimney holding onto a string of lights like he was falling. at night it looks pretty cool. It was on my ride from North Conway to Jefferson.

Elvis fan?? your wife is a good woman.

Lol, I think so. I had a surprise Birthday Party for her last Saturday and hired an Elvis impersonator to come perform for a couple hours. It was a pretty wild time.

I still put up lights even though I haven't had kids in the house for 10 years. About that time, I started going for tacky but cute. First, it makes me smile. Second, I knew it would irritate my neighbor who put up the white Martha Stewart approved lights (and it worked). Whenever I see an item that fits the tacky/cute criteria, I but it. I almost went with a Minion addition this year, but it was too expensive.

You can't see it too well, but behind one of the gift boxes is a lit pink flamingo with a Santa hat.

:)

Back