Crap, bland UK band to ruin Superbowl by playing at halftime

Just watched Foo at Wembley again.

A montage finished with Best of You would be an absolutely incredible SB halftime.

Just sayin.

I agree with Jaric; RH sucks overall. I don't mind Coldplay; they have plenty of non-emo stuff that's pretty decent.
I do agree, though, that there are many better choices.
Just non RH.

Never really a huge fan, but I can see that. Reminds me of watching the surviving members of Led Zeppelin on Letterman a few years ago after they had been honored by the Kennedy Center for something. Letterman asked them if they had considered getting another drummer and continuing on. They all said no, it wouldn't have been the same thing because it was something that just couldn't be duplicated. Same thing would apply here. Sure, you can get somebody to play the notes...but you can't recreate the experience.

I've seen some videos online where the three surviving members played Led Zeppelin songs with Jason Bonham (John's son) on drums.

Yeah, not exactly the same as having Bonzo Sr, but having his son sit in is okay by me.

I've seen some videos online where the three surviving members played Led Zeppelin songs with Jason Bonham (John's son) on drums.

Yeah, not exactly the same as having Bonzo Sr, but having his son sit in is okay by me.

The No Quarter DVD from '94 is pretty good.

The version of Kashmir on that is outstanding.

Ironically Zep members were just onstage with Foo covering Rock n Roll.

It was a real good cover.

Best cover I ever saw was Zappa in '88 doing Stairway to Heaven.

That's on the "The Best Band You Never Saw in Your Life" CD.

Frank had the saxophonist do the lead guitar bit from the original. :clap:

I caught this show In Springfield and it was amazing.

I agree with Jaric; RH sucks overall. I don't mind Coldplay; they have plenty of non-emo stuff that's pretty decent.
I do agree, though, that there are many better choices.
Just non RH.

Like I said, there is one reason to listen to RadioHead.

You've decided to take the easy way out and you're concerned you won't go through with it. 25 minutes of Radiohead and you won't be able to swallow enough pills fast enough (or whatever)

I actually heard their last album had a promotion that if you pre-order it came with a sizeable length of rope and a carabiner to easily attach to your ceiling fan.

The No Quarter DVD from '94 is pretty good.

The version of Kashmir on that is outstanding.

I just posted that a while back in the What are you listening to thread. And yes, it's freaking awesome.

Coldplay, really? FFS. I f***ing hate Coldplay. They're so f***ing tepid and SHIT. AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!! I wish they were from ISISland or something. But, no, they're ****ing British. I'm so f***ing ashamed. :shoot:

For the avoidance of doubt, this isn't some crap gomezcat satire. I really do absolutely f***ing hate those bland ARSEHOLES. :spank:

Well, considering the NFL already hit rock bottom with Beyonce, Madona, and Katy Perry, I don't see how Coldplay could be any worse. In fact, they should be a significant improvement.

Back