Dan Fouts, holy sh*t

He's horrible on every game pats or non Pats.
Whomever said he's not a Pats hater,he's just horrible is correct.

He's horrible on every game pats or non Pats.
Whomever said he's not a Pats hater,he's just horrible is correct.

Funny thing was, I heard similar comments coming from Chiefs Planet about Fouts. Apparently he is a two way hater.:shrug_n:

Mostly this. Seriously, how many times during the game did Fouts say something, and you, at home, immediately said, "No" or "That didn't happen" or "That's not the guy" or "Actually, that's not a penalty" or "That would be a really terrible idea if they did that" or "Do you know ANY rules, or do we just assume you know none?" or "Do you know the name of any players on the field other than the quarterbacks?" or "How do you constantly make Ian Eagle, former Jets play-by-play guy, sound competent?"

For me? Lots of times. Most of the game. :coffee:

Chat room during the game lol!

I can't believe I forgot that one, because that's the worst of all.

Fouts: "Wow, what a throw, Alex Smith put that one right on a line where only his receiver could get it. Great throw, doesn't get much better than that."

PA Announcer: "Smith pass complete to West for 6 yards. 4th Down and 3."

Remember this one well. O.Z.O. Jr. and I must have laughed until we cried at this one.

Jerry noticed too. And mentioned another Fouts idiocy I had forgotten about. From his KJR that I linked in his thread:

Jerry Thornton said:
— I don’t mind when Ian Eagle is doing the games. Mainly because I liked the Lou Gossett Jr. films of the same name. But Dan Fouts was atrocious. First of all, you did hear him correctly. When Brady suckered Eric Berry into trying to jump James White’s underneath route and left Gronk open for his first touchdown, Dan described it with the word “unfortunately,” which was hardly the term I would have used. But his worst moment had to be when Smith had run for a first down and Hightower pulled him down from behind inbounds as they both went out of bounds, and Fouts was indignantly calling for the flag. For what? Tackling a ball-carrier? The day that becomes a penalty I’m just going to watch Lou Gossett Jr. movies and wonder when America lost its way.

Jerry noticed too. And mentioned another Fouts idiocy I had forgotten about. From his KJR that I linked in his thread:

I remember this one too. Jr. and I were looking at each other like "wtF is he talking about. I do have to admit, listening to the abject stupidity that is Dan Fouts doing color commentary for a game is somewhat entertaining.

Nantz really is the biggest creep of them all. His ass tonguing of Manning is repulsive.

Even when he's doing the Masters the way he is in the lodge presenting the Jacket brown nosing the Chairman, yuck.

I agree with you but that friggin Collinsworth Pats h8tr is another useless creepy crawler announcer, too, imho... :huh:

That's the play that I was talking about earlier...

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

I agree with you but that friggin Collinsworth Pats h8tr is another useless creepy crawler announcer, too, imho... :huh:

It's more practical to name the announcers/NFL media spokespeople who are either neutral or pro Pats. That list isn't very long...

Cris Collinsworth is not anti-Patriot. I don't know why people think he is. If he leans any way, it's pro-Patriot. He's probably Joshy's biggest fan.

Cris Collinsworth is not anti-Patriot. I don't know why people think he is. If he leans any way, it's pro-Patriot. He's probably Joshy's biggest fan.

I agree. He can be a little annoying but I'll give him that. I don't mind listening to him and Michaels call a game, any game.

Last year in the Ravens game on the Edelman to Amendola pass, I got the impression he knew that play was in the book and that they'd practiced it. Go back and watch it and see what I mean.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-...ivisional-Round-Can-t-Miss-Play-Patriot-Games

I agree. He can be a little annoying but I'll give him that. I don't mind listening to him and Michaels call a game, any game.

Last year in the Ravens game on the Edelman to Amendola pass, I got the impression he knew that play was in the book and that they'd practiced it. Go back and watch it and see what I mean.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-...ivisional-Round-Can-t-Miss-Play-Patriot-Games

Exactly, and nice call with that video clip.

He's sooooooooo Anti-Patriot there. :coffee:

I wouldn't call the guy a pro-Pat. That guy should be a politician...he can talk out of both sides of his mouf at any given minute. He is however annoying to the extreme.

It's gotta be hard to be objective when you're a former player or coach, and even harder trying to find something interesting to talk about when a game is kinda one sided. Like finding any little thing to fake excitement about when a team is sucking, for example.

*guy trips after the handoff, manages to squeak out the gain of a yard accidentally because no one was there*

"Just straight ahead with that power back. That was one tough yard, but they got it. You don't see runs like that every day, and the way he pancaked that defensive lineman. Wow."

"You see that? That's why he is a great running back - he keeps his legs moving."

I can watch this play everyday for the rest of my life and not ever get tired of it.

Back