Dear Refs: Go **** Yourselves

If the fix was in last night, you guys had every opportunity to win and close out the game. Once overtime hit, the score was 0-0. McD was about as bland as could be with the playcalling in the 4th quarter.

The refs gave the donkos that "victory"...bottom line.

If the fix was in last night, you guys had every opportunity to win and close out the game. Once overtime hit, the score was 0-0. McD was about as bland as could be with the playcalling in the 4th quarter.

I still don't know what the offensive game plan was going in. Run between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down, throw 40 yards downfield on 3rd?

Preface: I didn't watch the game.

I remember games past where some pats fans (can't remember who or even if they are on here, just remember it happening) linking to other teams forums about saying the refs were bad and complaining. I honestly am sorta shocked to see this thread, but maybe I shouldn't be.

Are you kidding me?!?!

denver won get over it...give them credit and move on. 10-1 and still in position for home field

Yes the refs made bad calls, but i saw the pats make alot of mistakes also. Maybe they should have stopped the run late

I'm not buying that, at all. The injuries were a bigger factor, and they still had plenty of chances to win that game. There were simply too many mistakes.

The Pats just need to get some players healthy for the playoffs.

i'm not buying that, at all. The injuries were a bigger factor, and they still had plenty of chances to win that game. There were simply too many mistakes.

The pats just need to get some players healthy for the playoffs.

this!!!!

If the fix was in last night, you guys had every opportunity to win and close out the game. Once overtime hit, the score was 0-0. McD was about as bland as could be with the playcalling in the 4th quarter. That Brandon Bolden wheel route was a thing of beauty.

Except, you know, when Lafell was held on a crucial play and the flags were nowhere to be seen. That led to the change of possession that got you the TD (which was a thing of beauty IMO).

Also, can't hate on Brock. He seems like a good guy. I just don't like it when refs put themselves in focus by calling an inept game that mostly went against the Pats.

Well you have three arguments to choose from:

Running into the kicker?
runningintokicker.gif

- OR -

Offensive pass interference on Gronkowski sent them back to the sideline with five minutes remaining.
gronkopi1.gif

- OR -

Defensive holding call in the end zone when DB grabbed DT's shoulder pads in the end zone.
chunghold.gif

wtf.gif

fingbs.gif

While I agree that the Pats got humped several times last night, I can't help but put this one on the decision to have Harper return punts. He's a PS guy and shouldn't have been put in that position. Cold, snowing, windy, Primetime game on the road. I would have rather seen Chung go out there and fair catch all of them.

The Donkeys had just gone down 21-7, then a pathetic 3 and out. They were demoralized. That muffed catch/return changed the whole game and allowed the bad calls to let them back in it.

Also, that is not hindsight. I said that the first time I saw him out there.

Also, f*ck the refs.

This is was the turning point in the game, right before the punt I had a bad feeling something was going to happen to change the momentum of the game and that fumbled punt was it. The defense played outstanding football up to that point and that fumble sucked all the air out of them.

We're on to Philly.

Running into the kicker?
runningintokicker.gif

- OR -

Offensive pass interference on Gronkowski sent them back to the sideline with five minutes remaining.
gronkopi1.gif

- OR -

Defensive holding call in the end zone when DB grabbed DT's shoulder pads in the end zone.
chunghold.gif

wtf.gif

fingbs.gif
the kicker was hit,

the db #30 grabbed gronk as much as Chung grabbed the WR and the WR DT pushes off as much as Gronk

Chung held as much as #30 - both calls went against the Patriots when in reality the both should be non-calls.

Running into the kicker?
runningintokicker.gif

- OR -

gronkopi1.gif

- OR -

chunghold.gif

wtf.gif

fingbs.gif

Good work on the giffage, but you're omitting this, for instance:
https://vine.co/v/ia9zz5Y11xU

You're also omitting the holding call on Pat Chung that negated our huge sack at the end of the game.

You're also omitting a glaring hold on Brandon Lafell in OT that would have kept our drive alive.

What about that late hit on Brady after he had thrown the ball and the Denver player hit him in the helmet, isn't there a rule about that somewhere? It was pretty flagrant and I was surprised that it wasn't called.

the kicker was hit,

If he 'flops' - you might get the call.

the db #30 grabbed gronk as much as Chung grabbed the WR and the WR DT pushes off as much as Gronk

He didn't grab the shoulder pad or prevent the cut like Chung does below...

Chung held as much as #30 - both calls went against the Patriots when in reality the both should be non-calls.

That call against Chung should have been negated by the (slight) facemask grab.

Yards are one of the more meaningless stats. You made less mistakes when it counted, and that's why you won.

(Backup WR let's a punt bounce out of his hands)

:thwak:   :banghead:

Congrats on the win, BTW. I look forward to the rematch.

:toast:

Yeah - I can't wait...all this is just a build up to the playoffs. I'm impressed that the Patriot players owned up to the loss regardless of the controversial calls = CLASS.

Back