Denvernatives mega-thread about the Bucking Bronco's

If you listen to the interview, you can jump forward to the 6:20 mark to where they begin talking about the "practice kick"

Thanks for timing it out. I was in disbelief listening to that. Supposedly, the refs were standing around watching the Ravens rookie boot a practice kick between OT periods, but Perreira did say that there is a "bylaw" against it but there is no penalty.

They should have been booted off that field immediately.

A serving of the kind of garbage you may see this weekend, Denver experienced both poor officiating and blatant cheating on the part of Buttmore.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VVXIDNFaiLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Highlights include:

1) Defensive pass interference via tripping of Demaryius Thomas by the Baltimore defensive back Cary Williams by intentionally extending his left leg to trip Thomas on a play that would have been a touchdown. Penalty not called.

2) Several uncalled defensive pass interferences, one by Chykie Brown against Eric Decker which resulted in a pick 6, and another of Thug Suggs against Jacob Hester. In both cases, defenders had hands wrapped around the receivers' bodies before the ball arrived.

3) Baltimore kicker and ST coach on the field to kick a practice FG between OT periods. A 15 yard penalty should have been called and it wasn't.

Article 2 There will be intervals of at least two minutes between the first and second periods (first half) and between the third and fourth periods (second half). During these intermissions all playing rules continue in force, and no representative of either team shall enter the field unless he is an incoming substitute, or a team attendant or trainer, entering to see to the welfare of a player.

Penalty: For illegally entering the field: Loss of 15 yards from the succeeding spot (13-1-6-Pen.).

4) Incomplete pass ruled completion to Bolden for 1st down. Ball was bobbled and touched the ground.

5) Incomplete pass ruled fumble in violation of Tuck Rule:

Rule 8, Article 1, Section 1(b): “If, after an intentional forward movement of his hand, the passer loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body, it is a forward pass. If the player loses possession after he has tucked the ball into his body, it is a fumble.”

Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2, which emphasizes that “any intentional forward movement of his hand starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, I posted this on a thread on the Ravens.com forums. Unsurprisingly the post was deleted and the thread locked, for some odd reason...

Any Ravens fans here who would like to comment?

1. The first clip was clearly pass interference on Denver IMO. The defender jammed the receiver 10 yards beyond the LOS. Pretty easy call IMO.

2. The second clip (pick 6) I though was PI on the Ravens but those calls on low inside breaking routes are missed regularly in the NFL. Welk gets that flag probably only about 25% of the time on these type of bang bang plays. It's frustrating til it's your defense getting away with it.

3. A clear trip. It should have been called but it's hardly dirty play. Someone on every team every week does it. It's rarely caught. Such is life.

4. Suggs committed PI but again, that's an inside bang bang call that's not often caught.

5. Kuper's hold was about as easy a call as I've ever seen. Even in the liberal NFL that's a hold. SD used to teach that take down method in LT's heyday. They got away with it for awhile but the umps caught on to it eventually.

6. Live I thought this was a clear tuck rule overturn but I've since learned that the NFL interpretation is that once the QB puts his second hand on the ball, it's considered tucked and losing the ball after that is a fumble. Good call IMO.

7. Live I thought Bolden's catch was good. Watching it over and over again I'd say whatever was called on the field was going to stand due to lack of clear evidence to over turn.

8. That's pretty clear PI on Bailey IMO. This isn't the type of bang bang play we saw earlier. If Bailey had hung til the last second he probably would have been ok. Instead he reaches out for the receiver and hooks his arm before sliding his hand to his hip as he works across the formation. He drew attention to himself in a way the early Ravens plays didn't.

9. The practice kick should have been flagged if that's the rule. I'm not sure anything like that has been seen since the snow plow game when these refs were in grade school so I'm guessing they were just caught off guard. Goddell will most likely send out a memo of emphasis at some point in the near future.

Nothing in this video speaks to "Dirty" play or "Cheating" by the Ravens. It's just football.

If there's anything this video does prove it's that it's impossible to clearly see what's happening on the field while your lips are firmly planted on Peyton's backside.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i5ue5MhowHo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Miss Denvernative I made the suggestion that you stop posting your Denver crap every place, you failed to listen. I kindly merged your threads and you are informed the next merge I am forced to do of thread you create will result in both the threads and you to be sent to the assclown asylum until you show the membership here you can handle being allowed to roam freely again.

Thanks my little filly

Mikie

Back