Dion Lewis injury watch ~ ACL tear, lost for season

Love Dion Lewis but let's not forget that he dropped an easy TD yesterday (right before the Edelman TD).

He's replaceable. Like everyone else on this team.

Love Dion Lewis but let's not forget that he dropped an easy TD yesterday (right before the Edelman TD).

I know that is the motto. But who, LB? Or are you thinking of someone else on the team already?

I know that is the motto. But who, LB? Or are you thinking of someone else on the team already?

Bolden is the obvious fall back since he's the guy BB put on the field. I would have guessed White though.

I suppose Travaris Cadet could be added but I'd rather any addition be added to the CB or OL positions.

Bolden is the obvious fall back since he's the guy BB put on the field. I would have guessed White though.

I suppose Travaris Cadet could be added but I'd rather any addition be added to the CB or OL positions.

My first thought was White also. He needs to do better if he is put in place of DL.

Is that the new version of justification?

Paying off the judge the league had rushed to acquire?

I knew corn was essentially an empty caloric value food product, but I didn't know it emptied your brainz. Or maybe it's the weed.

I reeeeally think it was just a joke.

Looked to me like it happened when the guy diving from behind swept his foot and ankle, moving his leg sideways and bending the knee a bit. But I'm no Dr. Chev,

Cheers, BostonTim
I suspect the guy swiping at his foot, caused Lewis to land funny on it, which led to the injury.

IMO, Brady and Gronk are not replaceable. Gronk does something (very valuable) that Moss used to do, in that he takes the coverage with him, opening things up for others. While I suspect JG will be a good QB some day, no way is he ready (right now) to get rid of the ball as quick as Brady does, which is making our o-line look a lot better than they are.

I reeeeally think it was just a joke.

Oh.

Ya think?

I don't know. I've been scrambling here for a half hour waiting for clarification from a wise elder.

I don't have hair, so the guys I work with will be glad I can stop pulling theirs out whilst I wait.

Oh.

Ya think?

I don't know. I've been scrambling here for a half hour waiting for clarification from a wise elder.

I don't have hair, so the guys I work with will be glad I can stop pulling theirs out whilst I wait.
Glad to have helped, then.

:)

IMO, Brady and Gronk are not replaceable. Gronk does something (very valuable) that Moss used to do, in that he takes the coverage with him, opening things up for others. While I suspect JG will be a good QB some day, no way is he ready (right now) to get rid of the ball as quick as Brady does, which is making our o-line look a lot better than they are.

Agreed. But if JG and Chandler suddenly had to step into starting roles, I think the Pats are still a playoff team. Might even be enough to get to the Super Bowl. Once there, who knows?

I like Bolden but on one screen pass that he caught, I couldn't help but think that Lewis would have been gone for 20 minimum and Bolden looked like he was wading in cement and got tackled immediately. He just doesn't seem to have half the shiftiness that Lewis has.
White problem is he's fast. Goes down the moment he is touched .

Agreed. But if JG and Chandler suddenly had to step into starting roles, I think the Pats are still a playoff team. Might even be enough to get to the Super Bowl. Once there, who knows?

No doubt they'd make the playoffs, as they could do that by going 4 - 4 the rest of the way. I'm just hoping for more than a Peyton Manning (patented) "one and done", once we get in.

I doubt JG could be effective playing behind that makeshift OL.

Nothing against the guys out there, but when you have your center from last year playing RT, then you've gone deeeeeeeeeeep into your "next man up" bin.

All things considered, I'm more concerned about the OL injuries than Lewis.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Lewis brings to this team, but Googs has been holding this OL together with bailing wire and chewing gum, and if they don't get some healthy bodies back, that will limit the options McD and TFB+ will have with the rest of the offense.

For example, if Gronk has to stay home to block, then he's 100% neutralized.

If he has to chip a bit on his release, then it's as if the defense is preventing his free release on 100% of the plays.

in either case, you've diminished Gronk from being the absolute beast that demands attention from the defense, and thus opening up opportunities for others, to just a good TE.

I'm sure some of the other X's & O's experts can point out other limitations to the offense with a diminished OL.

Back