Do you "really" care about players using steroids?

Does steroid use bother you?

• Total voters

Jaric

Vae victis
Reaction score
I'll be honest, only reason I get mad when a dude gets popped is because he got caught and will have to miss games. He can be shooting ground up black market rhino dick directly into his balls 24 hours a day for all I care if it lets him jump out of the gym.

I have no moral issues with steroids at all and I'm curious if I'm the only one.

I would have to make an effort to care, and my energy is better spent elsewhere.

It's the "holier than thou" bullshit of the whole thing that bothers me...that and how some players in their various sports seem to be covered (ie: in 2012 Jeter has a career year at 38 after 2 years of steady decline, only to have his ankle snap like a dry twig on a routine play in the postseason...yeah...he's clean)

Let 'em all juice up for all I care.

I think we're conditioned to think we're supposed to care. I just really don't.

MMA/boxing is slighty different because those guys are punching each other in the face which make enhancements a little problematic. But even a sport like football? Meh.

Nope...not even a little bit. I used to use androstendione...which is very close to a steroid (if it isn't actually). The stuff works...but, cocaine also works as well.

I care. Sure.

It's dangerous and if kids think they have to take it to compete, even at the High School level, I want it banned... and enforced.

The NFL is riddled with HGH because it is only detectable for 24-48 hours. Few will get caught with such a small window.

My main problem with it is how it affects younger players striving to earn a D1 scholarship or make a professional league. How many high school kids are on HGH because they think it's the only way to make it? How many insane parents are putting their kid, maybe only in junior high, on HGH? How is that going to affect their future health?

The NFL is riddled with HGH because it is only detectable for 24-48 hours. Few will get caught with such a small window.

My main problem with it is how it affects younger players striving to earn a D1 scholarship or make a professional league. How many high school kids are on HGH because they think it's the only way to make it? How many insane parents are putting their kid, maybe only in junior high, on HGH? How is that going to affect their future health?

I get the concern about young people ****ing up thier lives. I really do.

However, at that point we're talking about adults (legally) and if they determine the juice is worth the squeeze (pun intended) that's up to them, both consequences and rewards.

Besides, it's not as though football is all that healthy for the body anyway. I'm not sure 300lb men crashing into each other is any better or worse than adding more of a substance your own body makes anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I think pumping in noise into your stadium is a much more serious issue...

Not as big as bugging opponents locker rooms... (Let's stay on topic please.)

Yes I do care. As a former athlete, I believe in the purity of competition. Fvck cheaters. You either have the talent, will, and endurance, or you don't.

What's the difference between taking a legal creatine supplement and an illegal testosterone supplement?

I don't see a fundamental difference aside from legality and effectiveness.

What's the difference between taking a legal creatine supplement and an illegal testosterone supplement? I don't see a fundamental difference aside from legality and effectiveness.
:shrug: not saying there is. I simply believe in the purity of a sport and of its athletes.
I see no difference between the cheating of losers like Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa and those in the NFL.

I get the concern about young people ****ing up thier lives. I really do.

However, at that point we're talking about adults (legally) and if they determine the juice is worth the squeeze (pun intended) that's up to them, both consequences and rewards.

I don't consider 15, 16, 17 year olds as adults.

:shrug: not saying there is. I simply believe in the purity of a sport and of its athletes.
I see no difference between the cheating of losers like Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa and those in the NFL.

Everybody is caught up in the big names, but when you go back, read the reports, look at the guys that got caught...the pitchers were FAR outnumbering the hitters. There was a period back in the late 80's-mid 90's where every middle inning scrub in pretty much every bullpen was throwing mid-upper 90s. Nobody was clean.

So if tomorrow Roger came out and announced "We no longer give a shit what you guys do," you have no issues? It's just a legality thing for you?

I assume this poll was created because you see no issue with ManninHGH using HGH?

I consider PED the truest form of cheating in any sport. Every single sports league reserves its harshest punishments for PED use for a reason. I am not of the mind that just because so many athletes do it, makes it Ok. You see guys like Merriman who without it was a shell of himself and an athlete like ManninHGH who would have never come back much less posted a historic season without it. If you can't compete fair and square with no drugs than GTHO is my view.

At the time, andro was legal...Mark McGuire took it. I know for a fact that this stuff works...and it works well.

Many players will push the envelope...and always will. Just like BB (every coach really) tries to push the envelope.

I assume this poll was created because you see no issue with ManninHGH using HGH?

I consider PED the truest form of cheating in any sport. Every single sports league reserves its harshest punishments for PED use for a reason. I am not of the mind that just because so many athletes do it, makes it Ok. You see guys like Merriman who without it was a shell of himself and an athlete like ManninHGH who would have never come back much less posted a historic season without it. If you can't compete fair and square with no drugs than GTHO is my view.

I see nothing wrong with hgh...Rodney Harrison got busted for it. At least he admitted to it.

Drug cheating is worse than some effing deflated ball though (The Colts had moar deflated balls by the way ;)...troof.

So if tomorrow Roger came out and announced "We no longer give a shit what you guys do," you have no issues? It's just a legality thing for you?

I think the legality of it is important.

If you are asking if it's OK for players to break a rule to gain an actual advantage, that other players who don't break a rule won't have, yeah, I've got a problem with that.

If on the other hand, you're asking if I care if players took them if they were made legal, that's a different story.

I'm still concerned about how that could influence younger kids, but if one could magically prevent that from happening, then yeah, I think adults should be allowed to make their own decisions about what they put in their body.

Even if it was essentially a requirement from their employer to do it, I'm OK with that.

I'd see it as basically the same thing as any other risk associated with any given jobs.

There are some jobs that are inherently more dangerous than others, that have higher risks than others, and if the individual understands that, and is willing to take that risk, well then let them.

Back