Do you "really" care about players using steroids?

Does steroid use bother you?

• Total voters
I see nothing wrong with hgh...Rodney Harrison got busted for it. At least he admitted to it.

Drug cheating is worse than some effing deflated ball though (The Colts had moar deflated balls by the way ;)...troof.

It does not make it Ok in my view just because Rodney did it or any other player. He cheated. HGH is the foundation for performance enhancement as it helps the body to heal and recover faster. The NFL was just late to the party with testing. If testing had begun sooner, ManninHGH's meteoric fall would have happened while he was still a Colt and he breaks no records.

Nope...not even a little bit. I used to use androstendione...which is very close to a steroid (if it isn't actually). The stuff works...but, cocaine also works as well.

200_s.gif

There are some jobs that are inherently more dangerous than others, that have higher risks than others, and if the individual understands that, and is willing to take that risk, well then let them.

Absolutely true...I've pretty much worked most of those high risk jobs. It's a trade off...

Everybody is caught up in the big names, but when you go back, read the reports, look at the guys that got caught...the pitchers were FAR outnumbering the hitters. There was a period back in the late 80's-mid 90's where every middle inning scrub in pretty much every bullpen was throwing mid-upper 90s. Nobody was clean.

My cousin played in MLB for 13 years. When he ended up on the Dodgers, the first thing they told him to do was get on steroids. That was in 2000. He didn't do it, so they sent him to the minors.

It does not make it Ok in my view just because Rodney did it or any other player. He cheated. HGH is the foundation for performance enhancement as it helps the body to heal and recover faster. The NFL was just late to the party with testing. If testing had begun sooner, ManninHGH's meteoric fall would have happened while he was still a Colt and he breaks no records.

Eh...it should all be legal. It's his body (I'm starting to sound like a pro abortion communist).

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

My cousin played in MLB for 13 years. When he ended up on the Dodgers, the first thing they told him to do was get on steroids. That was in 2000. He didn't do it, so they sent him to the minors.

All pro sports are doing it...if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

In baseball, recovery is the big advantage of steroids as well. Sure, synthetic testosterone helped Barry Bonds hit the ball farther, but it didn't change his hand-eye coordination or his reflexes. He was stronger and recovered better from a game that is played almost every day for 6-8 months. Recovery is huge.

Eh...it should all be legal. It's his body (I'm starting to sound like a pro abortion communist).

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

All pro sports are doing it...if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

It is not that simple. You are talking about an athlete taking something specifically to gain a competitive advantage. This would force other athletes who do not want to take a drug to then take them in order to compete with the drug users.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

In baseball, recovery is the big advantage of steroids as well. Sure, synthetic testosterone helped Barry Bonds hit the ball farther, but it didn't change his hand-eye coordination or his reflexes. He was stronger and recovered better from a game that is played almost every day for 6-8 months. Recovery is huge.

Yes. It also helps to prevent injury as well as was the case with ManninHGH. His body fell apart when he stopped taking HGH.

It is not that simple. You are talking about an athlete taking something specifically to gain a competitive advantage. This would force other athletes who do not want to take a drug to then take them in order to compete with the drug users.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Yes. It also helps to prevent injury as well as was the case with ManninHGH. His body fell apart when he stopped taking HGH.

It should all be legal...if the one's that refuse to do it don't, that is their trade off. Simple as that. It's already happening now if you think about it.

It should all be legal...if the one's that refuse to do it don't, that is their trade off. Simple as that. It's already happening now if you think about it.

Forcing someone to take an illegal drug is not a trade off for playing a sport. At least it shouldn't be. There are still many athletes that do not juice.

Forcing someone to take an illegal drug is not a trade off for playing a sport. At least it shouldn't be. There are still many athletes that do not juice.

It's already happening now...no one is forcing anything. And I'd be willing to bet that most have been doing it since high school. I've been around the block for some time now...:coffee:

This isn't anything new or shocking...at least it shouldn't be.

It's like politics. Do you think that politics are clean and legit?

It's already happening now...no one is forcing anything. And I'd be willing to bet that most have been doing it since high school. I've been around the block for some time now...:coffee:

That is a terrible reason for making it legal - everyone is doing it. Which isn't true. Many may be doing it but that is not justification for legalizing it. If anything the NFL needs to do a better job at testing.

What's the difference between taking a legal creatine supplement and an illegal testosterone supplement?

I don't see a fundamental difference aside from legality and effectiveness.

Well you just conceded that one is fundamentally more effective than the other. That in itself is enough of a reason to ban a substance like HGH and allow a subtance like creatine. I've been lifting weights for 15 years. I took creatine for around a year and it did absolutely nothing other than cause a bloated stomach. I've never taken HGH but based on the effect I've seen it have on other people, the two subtances arent even close. Since HGH is so effective, everyone would have to take it to be on an even playing field.. That is why it's banned.

That is a terrible reason for making it legal - everyone is doing it. Which isn't true. Many may be doing it but that is not justification for legalizing it. If anything the NFL needs to do a better job at testing.

Testing is tough because of the short detection window. Also, do you think the corrupt NFL would want so many players to get caught? They'd produce the results they want.

Well you just conceded that one is fundamentally more effective than the other. That in itself is enough of a reason to ban a substance like HGH and allow a subtance like creatine. I've been lifting weights for 15 years. I took creatine for around a year and it did absolutely nothing other than cause a bloated stomach. I've never taken HGH but based on the effect I've seen it have on other people, the two subtances arent even close. Since HGH is so effective, everyone would have to take it to be on an even playing field.. That is why it's banned.

I initially had issues with creatine ineffectiveness and side effects too, but then I got some advice from a guy who does a lot of research on supplements (not Google searching, but actually digging into the reports) that got rid of those issues.

For many people the cause explains both the ineffectiveness and the side effects. It's simply a matter of absorbing the creatine into the body as opposed to not. Most people do what has always been done and recommended, which is to add it to something else and slug it down. The trick that I found to work was completely dissolving it into water before I drink it. This ensures that it will be absorbed by the body (curing its ineffectiveness) and won't cause side effects (which generally come because the powder just sits in the intestines).

Also, creatine dissolves much faster in hot water than in cold, and that's what I've been doing off and on for several years now.

There's a small writeup and a video here.

Ok help me out because this doesn't make sense to me.

If we somehow figured out the most effective way to lift weights to achieve whatever you're personally trying to achieve, wouldn't you alter your training methods appropriately? I don't see why effectiveness should factor into legality. Banning something because it works (if that's the only issue) seems like madness to me.

Now, if that more effective method of weight lifting also came with side effects like growing a 3rd ball or something then yeah we can talk but simply being effective? I don't get that.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Testing is tough because of the short detection window. Also, do you think the corrupt NFL would want so many players to get caught? They'd produce the results they want.

Lol of course not.

If they tossed out every guy on something he's not supposed to, no one would watch anymore.

The NFL wants to give the appearance of a steroid free environment, not an actual steroid free environment.

Ok help me out because this doesn't make sense to me.

If we somehow figured out the most effective way to lift weights to achieve whatever you're personally trying to achieve, wouldn't you alter your training methods appropriately? I don't see why effectiveness should factor into legality. Banning something because it works (if that's the only issue) seems like madness to me.

Now, if that more effective method of weight lifting also came with side effects like growing a 3rd ball or something then yeah we can talk but simply being effective? I don't get that.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Lol of course not.

If they tossed out every guy on something he's not supposed to, no one would watch anymore.

The NFL wants to give the appearance of a steroid free environment, not an actual steroid free environment.

Exactly. No one is tuning in to watch Shane Falco.

You don't love the sand like taste?!?!

The only thing creatine ever did for me was give me sleep issues. O.Z.O. Jr. has been getting into competitive PLing and asked me about it. I told him it's useless.

Back