Drunk Ben Afflek Deflategate rant

It was hyperbole but he is dirt if that helps clarify.

Because he's a successful Hollywood guy that sleeps around? Because he has liberal politics?

I haven't followed his bio much, so there could be things I'm missing, but although he is kind of wooden as an actor, he has shown some talent behind the camera as a director, which is a lot of work (Gone Baby Gone, The Town, Argo). He seems to keep in touch with his somewhat blue collar Boston roots. Everyone has some faults - I just don't see where he's that much of a prick.

Someone like Paul Newman was a genius actor, good looking, and faithful to his wife (also a good actress) for 50 years, but that's more the exception in the glam world of Hollywood, with possible debauchery at every turn. And, on the scale of what matters as a person, I rank whether someone fvcks around near the bottom.

Because he's a successful Hollywood guy that sleeps around? Because he has liberal politics?

I haven't followed his bio much, so there could be things I'm missing, but although he is kind of wooden as an actor, he has shown some talent behind the camera as a director, which is a lot of work (Gone Baby Gone, The Town, Argo). He seems to keep in touch with his somewhat blue collar Boston roots. Everyone has some faults - I just don't see where he's that much of a prick.

Someone like Paul Newman was a genius actor, good looking, and faithful to his wife (also a good actress) for 50 years, but that's more the exception in the glam world of Hollywood, with possible debauchery at every turn. And, on the scale of what matters as a person, I rank whether someone fvcks around near the bottom.

Read up on the guy. Watch his interviews. He is a prick and a scumbag.

Read up on the guy. Watch his interviews. He is a prick and a scumbag.

You're free to your opinions and I'm not going to spend my time reading TMZ or whatever to figure out what you're referring to. But, if you're going to make such strong statements about someone's character, IMO, you should have some concrete things to back it up.

You're free to your opinions and I'm not going to spend my time reading TMZ or whatever to figure out what you're referring to. But, if you're going to make such strong statements about someone's character, IMO, you should have some concrete things to back it up.

You were the one that admitted not to really knowing about the guy and yet have formed an opinion that he is not a bad guy because he is an actor who just sleeps around. If you don't want to educate yourself on the guy then don't come at me because I don't want spend time making you a bullet list because you are too lazy to find out for yourself.

How did this turn into a thread to trash Afflek?

Personally, I don't care who he's married to, who he's screwing around with or what he's been drinking. I found the video amusing and he said many things that Pats fans have been saying for 18 months now.

:shrug:

Personally, I don't care who he's married to, who he's screwing around with or what he's been drinking. I found the video amusing and he said many things that Pats fans have been saying for 18 months now.

I agree with bid.

You were the one that admitted not to really knowing about the guy and yet have formed an opinion that he is not a bad guy because he is an actor who just sleeps around. If you don't want to educate yourself on the guy then don't come at me because I don't want spend time making you a bullet list because you are too lazy to find out for yourself.

Because it's a mindset on these boards to mindlessly trash people. How many boards do that to Brady and the Pats? Biggest scumbag on earth? Has he been selling 9 year old sex slaves to Boko Haram? Barring a reference to something specific, I'll assume that he's doing standard actor/celebrity bull$hit and not care enough about it to search the pages of TMZ, and be more likely to take your overdramatic pronouncements with a few grains of salt.

You can say fine and GFY, but FWIW, I doubt I'm the only one that processes it that way.

It IS amusing and i agree with EVERYTHING he said... except that 8 percent part but the guy was ****ed up, we've all been there.

Are you saying he reads Pats fans message boards, memorizes the content and spits it out? That's in line with what he gets paid to do. :coffee: :tongue:

Because it's a mindset on these boards to mindlessly trash people. How many boards do that to Brady and the Pats? Biggest scumbag on earth? Has he been selling 9 year old sex slaves to Boko Haram? Barring a reference to something specific, I'll assume that he's doing standard actor/celebrity bull$hit and not care enough about it to search the pages of TMZ, and be more likely to take your overdramatic pronouncements with a few grains of salt.

You can say fine and GFY, but FWIW, I doubt I'm the only one that processes it that way.

I think everyone has different definitions of scumbag. Mine definitely different from yours. I would not get so bent especially on a football chat site. JMO.

I love trashing people, but I'm not going to trash Affleck. He cheated. So what? Lots of people cheat. Lots of people make mistakes. Doesn't take away the fact that he said everything I wanted to hear.

On top of that, I don't think he was drunk. The show was filmed in the morning, and Simmons made sure everyone knew that after the thrashing Ben took about being drunk.

In any event, people in the political forum think I have no morals, so I'll let them have a field day when I say cheating isn't the worst thing in the world. It's bad, but shit happens. And sometimes the outcome is the best for both parties...either making them stronger or having regrets, or separating them because the relationship wasn't that good to begin with. If everyone that cheated was a scumbag, this country would be a mega cesspool filled with them.

That said, I loved his rant.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/patriots/story/1682351-gronk-takes-a-stance-on-affleck-s-rant

Gronk Takes a Stance on Affleck's Rant

Hunter Perkins
HUNTER PERKINS
Yesterday at 5:56 PM
Patriots star Rob Gronkowski was recently asked about Ben Affleck's Deflategate comments in an interview with Access Hollywood; and he didn't hold back.

Most of you have probably seen or at least heard of Ben Affleck's rant on Deflategate that he gave in an interview with Bill Simmons on Simmons' new show, "Any Given Sunday." If you haven't, it can be seen below.

Affleck doesn't hold back in telling Bill Simmons how stupid or unnecessary he believes the scandal is. Well now, another celebrity has chimed in on Deflategate; and this celebrity happens to play tight end for the New England Patriots.
In an interview with Rob Gronkowski on Access Hollywood, the star tight end revealed how he really feels about Tom Brady and his deflated balls. Rob unsurprisingly took sides with Affleck and Brady, and had plenty of comments to give.
Affleck felt passionately enough to use NSFW language in his interview. When Gronk was asked what makes someone use language like that in an interview, he had an interesting answer.
Rob said, "Tell you the truth, that's how I really want to talk about it, too." He adds, "Yeah we just can't go on air as an athlete and say all that. I can't just go do that but Ben Affleck basically said it how I want to say it. He did a great job. I am passionate about football and whatever, us as athletes and football players, we just can't go in the media and start dropping F bombs everywhere. You'll get fined for press conferences, criticizing people, you can't do it. You have to keep it professional."
Deflategate has frustrated many people, as some feel that Tom Brady was treated unfairly by the NFL. You can add Ben Affleck and Rob Gronkowski to that list.

I love trashing people, but I'm not going to trash Affleck. He cheated. So what? Lots of people cheat. Lots of people make mistakes. Doesn't take away the fact that he said everything I wanted to hear.

On top of that, I don't think he was drunk. The show was filmed in the morning, and Simmons made sure everyone knew that after the thrashing Ben took about being drunk.

LoL... So Simmons said that Ben wasn't drunk because it was the morning? All that means is that Ben hadn't been to bed yet to sleep it off...

And as I already stated, I agree with everything he said, drunk or not (he was drunk)

Back