Dulfins lose draft pics, owner fined

This definitely drops Brady in my eyes. Colluding with the ‘Phins is one thing; it’s slimy, a bit shady, and certainly a moral grey-area; as a fan, it sucks, but I can understand as an individual potentially doing similar if it might make me and/or my family happier; it’s not like the guy killed puppies as a result of those conversations with Miami.

What sincerely pisses me off, though, and damages his reputation much more than the above element (in my opinion, at least), is the fact that this is ironclad proof he was checked out during his final season with the Pats, and that’s absolute horseshit; that’s the antithesis of everything Brady represented throughout the majority of his career. It’s unfair to himself, his teammates, his coaches, and especially those young WRs who could’ve really benefitted from an engaged and involved Tom Brady, a treasure trove of football experience and knowledge. Instead he was pulling strings to get himself out of New England while there was still 1 month (4 weeks) of training camp remaining, and 16+ games upcoming. Absolute horseshit.

Dude has leapt headfirst into the deep-end of the persona non-grata pool and only has himself to blame.

I’ll be genuinely curious what (if any) effect this has on the post-career celebrations/pleasantries/festivities in New England that we all assumed were a 100% guarantee to happen after Brady (actually) retires. If I had to guess, I still expect all of that ends up happening, but the conclusions in the NFL’s report are pretty hefty and damning, so I could see this potentially having a legitimate impact on Kraft’s outlook and perspective regarding his relationship with Brady.

This definitely drops Brady in my eyes. Colluding with the ‘Phins is one thing; it’s slimy, a bit shady, and certainly a moral grey-area; as a fan, it sucks, but I can understand as an individual potentially doing similar if it could advance my career and make me happier; it’s not like the guy killed puppies through those chats with Miami.

What sincerely pisses me off, though, and damages his reputation much more than the above element, is the fact that this is ironclad proof he was checked out during his final season with the Pats, and that’s absolute horseshit; that’s the antithesis of everything Brady represented throughout the majority of his career. It’s unfair to himself, his teammates, his coaches, and especially those young WRs who could’ve really benefitted from an engaged and involved Tom Brady, a treasure trove of football experience and knowledge. Instead he was pulling strings to get himself out of New England while there was still 1 month (4 weeks) of training camp remaining, and 16+ games remaining in the season. Absolute horseshit.

Dude has leapt headfirst into the deep-end of the persona non-grata pool and only has himself to blame.

I’ll be genuinely curious what (if any) effect this has on the post-career celebrations/pleasantries/festivities in New England that we all assumed were a 100% guarantee to happen after Brady (actually) retires. If I had to guess, I still expect all of that ends up happening, but these are pretty hefty and damning conclusions via the NFL’s report and I could see it having a legitimate impact on Kraft’s outlook and perspective regarding his relationship with Brady.

That bolded part is the key and the Brady fan club still have their heads in the sand about this. It was mentioned umpteen times in the 2019 season by Hawg, Tommy and many others. They could see it happen. The tossed balls to the sidelines, the do anything except get hit performances and the surly, mood press conferences when we were 8-0 etc.

I wonder what Kraft is thinking about all this. He seemed genuinely motivated to try and keep him here after the 2019 season. Him finding out that his golden boy was plotting well before the 2019 season has to be a serious kick in the balls. Added to his fury when Brady 'retired' and the lack of acknowledgement of the Patriots and the fans, I suspect he is not a happy man at this stage.

Bill? I have a funny feeling he's likely not surprised at all.

Another timeline point: Gronkowski was retired in 2019. Julian Edelman was not. Julian's 'always a Patriot' line always struck me as a little too rah-rah. He knew this happened. :coffee:

BB knew it, the Pats knew it and, for that matter, I knew it and discussed it many times on Brady's subforum.
BB not only knew it but he was so angry he accidentally sent a text to Flores about getting the job opening pretending it was a mistake.
BB knew and did something about it.

Some good points brought up here by Florio

I think at this stage for most Patriot fans, it's death by a thousand cuts when it comes to Brady. There's too much adding up now to think it won't affect his long-term legacy with the Patriot fans. The attitude and performance in the 2019 season, the changes in character, the sneaky digs at the Patriots from his camp, the total lack of acknowledgement of the Patriots when he 'retired', the social media persona, the snake-oil seller and now the news that he was talking to one of the Patriots great AFCE rivals while still contracted with the Patriots.

It's all adding up.

The only thing left for Brady is to get busted for PEDs... you know, stuff that works, not his TB12 BS.

Wife has a TB 12 jersey, if it were mine I'd burn the damn thing and piss on the ashes.

Back