Ebner Taking a Leave of Absence

Rockefeller's are most likely backing ISIS fwiw... :coffee:

Let's also toss in a little tri-lateral (since there's lot's of lateral's in rugby. That should get us kicked over to that other thread.

Cheers, BostonTim

For those that would like to take a look at Nate's Excellent Summer Adventure, here is the broadcast schedule for the 3 matches the US will play in.

August 9: United States vs. Argentina (12:00 p.m. ET) on NBCSN and LIVE online

August 9: United States vs. Brazil (5:00 p.m. ET) on CNBC and LIVE online

August 10: United States vs. Fiji (12:30 p.m. ET) on USA and LIVE online

If the team does well enough then the quarterfinals are also held on 8/10 with the semi-finals and the Gold medal match on 8/11. TBD.

For those unfamiliar with rugby 7s, the game is much shorter in duration than the regular 15-man version with two 7 minute halves and one minute for halftime. 15 minutes and it's done which is why they can schedule multiple games in the same day.

The US is not a medal favorite, but is improving. In addition to Nate, one of the stars of the US side is a former Detroit Lion named Carlin Isles and the guy has really phenomenal speed.

Some people say that anything can happen in a 15 minute game, so we'll hope for the best. I'm really curious to watch tomorrow's match with Argentina at noon.

I played a lot of rugby back in the day. 7s is bloody exhausting, it's just 7 players a side but playing on the full rugby size field. Which is considerably bigger than a football field. And it's non stop, you're running, tackling etc the whole time bar stops for scrums any respite after tries are scored.

Tremendous video. Wow. I had no idea his father was murdered. What a journey for him.

The quotes by Kraft were awesome, "Nate can take pride that he was picked #197, two spots ahead of where Tom Brady was picked." Awesome. And then this one, "Nate was a walk on at Ohio State and one year later became the number one rated special teams player. He was the prototype Patriot." :patriotlogo:

I really hope he gets the gold. I wonder if he would the only guy to have a Super Bowl ring and a Rugby gold medal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nice touch by Bill Belichick to wear a <a href="https://twitter.com/USARugby">@USARugby</a> shirt at practice with Nate Ebner's name & number (12) on the back <a href="https://t.co/KNW1USthIM">pic.twitter.com/KNW1USthIM</a></p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/763011414822969346">August 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nice touch by Bill Belichick to wear a <a href="https://twitter.com/USARugby">@USARugby</a> shirt at practice with Nate Ebner's name & number (12) on the back <a href="https://t.co/KNW1USthIM">pic.twitter.com/KNW1USthIM</a></p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/763011414822969346">August 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I found myself wondering if Nate would choose number 12 and I was delighted to see this pic this morning. Thank you.

The Pats like guys who are totally dedicated to being football players and Patriots, but it's nice to see this gesture from the head guy showing his support for one of his guys following a different dream.

You know.....word is that the Americans don't stand much of a chance in this thing, but I would absolutely love to see them surprise some folks and for this country to get a chance to appreciate a really great sport and if all that can somehow happen and Nate Ebner can get some love from folks and fulfill his vision along the way then all the better.

There isn't a better story in the Olympics than his. Nate is a great example of what the games are supposed to be about. Certainly, nobody will try harder. Not one of them.

God, I wish he could somehow end up on the podium and have everybody in America cheering for him.

I found myself wondering if Nate would choose number 12 and I was delighted to see this pic this morning. Thank you.

The Pats like guys who are totally dedicated to being football players and Patriots, but it's nice to see this gesture from the head guy showing his support for one of his guys following a different dream.

You know.....word is that the Americans don't stand much of a chance in this thing, but I would absolutely love to see them surprise some folks and for this country to get a chance to appreciate a really great sport and if all that can somehow happen and Nate Ebner can get some love from folks and fulfill his vision along the way then all the better.

There isn't a better story in the Olympics than his. Nate is a great example of what the games are supposed to be about. Certainly, nobody will try harder. Not one of them.

God, I wish he could somehow end up on the podium and have everybody in America cheering for him.

If this was to happen would be amazing.

I think Bill is football when it is football time but he is a family man too. I see him as a Roger Staubach fan who still gets a little choked up when a great athlete sacrifices for his country, and in my opinion is Nate and his story is a great sacrifice. Having seen the story posted on Nate, I am sure Bill is all in.

Add in the open field tackling practice Nate is getting and I am pretty sure he will be ready to play NFL Football once this Olympic tour is over.

If this was to happen would be amazing.

I think Bill is football when it is football time but he is a family man too. I see him as a Roger Staubach fan who still gets a little choked up when a great athlete sacrifices for his country, and in my opinion is Nate and his story is a great sacrifice. Having seen the story posted on Nate, I am sure Bill is all in.

Add in the open field tackling practice Nate is getting and I am pretty sure he will be ready to play NFL Football once this Olympic tour is over.

Right. It's not like he is pairing up with Steele Johnson for synchronized diving.

Better view while talking to Tedy and his son.

Wow.... Nate Ebner with a rapid ascension up my list of favorite Patriot players...

Great video.... Great person....

Back