Enbracing the suck

Talent wins Super Bowls not laundry :ROFLMAO:

Brady - 6
No Brady - 0

It took almost a decade before they won a SB with the Flying Elvis, and you're going to give credit to the uniform? I guess it was a delayed effect.
I say they retire the Brady Era Uniforms and bring back the ones I grew up with!!! I would like to see the Blue Pat Patriots design.

in terms of embracing the suck, I recently read a book entitled "Carrion Comfort" by Dan Simmons and
the author explained that he based that title on an 18th century poem and that it's meaning is a term for
that moment when prey realizes that they cannot escape a predator and just relaxes and allows itself
to be eaten. To just give up the desperate fight for survival and accept what is inevitable.

That's kind of where I'm at right now. I feel like I'm in the middle of a nightmare that will never end, but
feelings are subjective and often wrong. We'll pull out of it eventually and things will look better down around
the bend, but the last two games have taken a major toll.

I suppose that much like that prey animal, I feel like I have begun the process of embracing the suck so that I can
tolerate the carnage-- along with all the negative commentary, swirling rumors about skullduggery and so forth-- and
separate myself from the psychic trauma that watching my team getting their brains beaten in would typically generate.

This week on the revenge tour we get to see former Patriots coach and play great to remind us of why we
suck so hard right now. In less than 24 hours it'll be Josh, Jakobi and Jimmy marching in a haunted parade of
Patriots mistakes to ratchet down the thumb screws just a little tighter.

I almost don't care. Almost.

I know they know exactly what they're doing and that the coaches, GMs and ownership are fully on board. I'm not saying 'they know not what they do'.

It's just that after what we've experienced here, I think it's short-term thinking for short-term goals. But in a throwaway society that craves instant gratification, it somehow fits. But it is strange nonetheless.
I'm not sure I would put so much faith in the "they know what they are doing" concept. If they knew what they were doing, the team wouldn't be in this position to begin with. Unless Bob has come down with some behind the scenes proclamation for he rest of the season and Bill is going along with it, which I highly doubt, it sounds more like a justification to make yourself feel better about where this team is. No, I think it's far more likely that Kraftbhas resigned himself to letting Bill ride this disaster ou for the remainder of the year. I've given Bill the benefit of the doubt thus far but it's now time to face reality, every major decision he's made over the last 4 years is directly responsible for where this team is. Now we are supposed to believe that Bill has some magical plan to change everything? Sorry, but to me that's just whistling past the grave yard.

I'm not sure I would put so much faith in the "they know what they are doing" concept. If they knew what they were doing, the team wouldn't be in this position to begin with. Unless Bob has come down with some behind the scenes proclamation for he rest of the season and Bill is going along with it, which I highly doubt, it sounds more like a justification to make yourself feel better about where this team is. No, I think it's far more likely that Kraftbhas resigned himself to letting Bill ride this disaster ou for the remainder of the year. I've given Bill the benefit of the doubt thus far but it's now time to face reality, every major decision he's made over the last 4 years is directly responsible for where this team is. Now we are supposed to believe that Bill has some magical plan to change everything? Sorry, but to me that's just whistling past the grave yard.
I wasn't talking about the Patriots, I was talking about the other, 'New Model' philosophies of other, go-all-in teams.

I don't see how a Super Bowl appearance defines futility. Sure, they got their ass kicked, but they got super fortunate to get there, with some timely team-based play.
That game snowballed, but it wasn't lopsided. Not many remember, but the Patriots had every chance of being up 14-0 right out of the gate but for 2 really quirky plays.

I know everyone has blocked that game out of their memories, and it was before every game was easily accessible on YouTube and whatnot...

I reject suck utterly. Strenuously protest this downturn. Unacceptable.

Ok, I've had my 1 hour to vent. Now it's time to move on.
Just think how much fun next year's draft is going to be.

We Patriots fans had a 20 year that will never be duplicated in the salary cap/free agency era of the NFL. We had 9 Super Bowl appearance, which means 9 AFC Championships, and 6 Super Bowl Championships.
So I guess we were due to have a few rough years before we make the climb back into contention. That's the way I look at things the way they are now.

Now that reality is hitting, and what I called weeks ago is coming to fruition, you get posts like the one above about how much fun the draft is going to be. Person who stated that had their head stuck in the ground and shouldn't be allowed to have any "fun" with the draft because if it was up to them the Pats would be picking in the middle of the 1st. Year after year.

I tried telling everyone that Mac wasn't the answer and that Zappe probably wasn't either but what the hell, might as well find out. The only people who are feeling a certain way right now are the ones who had their heads in the sand months ago lol. AND I got blocked for it! hahahah

yeah, it's more like a black hole
neil degrasse tyson GIF

I tried telling everyone that Mac wasn't the answer and that Zappe probably wasn't either but what the hell, might as well find out. The only people who are feeling a certain way right now are the ones who had their heads in the sand months ago lol. AND I got blocked for it! hahahah
No. The QB's are not the answer. In fact, they are not part of anything when the offense is so amazingly bad. The QB has no part in the result other that to end up as part of the carnage.

This offense is historically bad. As in all-time bad.

This is on BB. There is no place else to place the BLAME.

His coaches.

His drafts.

His trades.

His signings.

His ego.

His everything.

Get your minds around the suck that BB has wrought.

Back