Enbracing the suck

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
Having had a couple of days to think about our current team, I decided that I'm going to embrace the suck, if that's what this season is going to be.
Going to watch every minute of every game and if I have to take 1 hour to vent. Maybe I'll take more than an hour to celebrate a few wins.
And I not going to watch or listen to any sports media for the rest of the year.
So, I guess I will embrace the suck this year if that's what it's going to be.

Having had a couple of days to think about our current team, I decided that I'm going to embrace the suck, if that's what this season is going to be.
Going to watch every minute of every game and if I have to take 1 hour to vent. Maybe I'll take more than an hour to celebrate a few wins.
And I not going to watch or listen to any sports media for the rest of the year.

I bet you love embracing the suck, you dirty little b**ch.

Not much choice for us, but if o have to embrace the suck, let go all the way. I know Bill won't actively tank, but with the roster he's assembled I think that might be the inevitable outcome. Yet I fear the coach being able to pull out a couple games for pride that will take us out of position for a top 5 pick and that would really suck.

Not much choice for us, but if o have to embrace the suck, let go all the way. I know Bill won't actively tank, but with the roster he's assembled I think that might be the inevitable outcome. Yet I fear the coach being able to pull out a couple games for pride that will take us out of position for a top 5 pick and that would really suck.
Season ending injuries to Gonzalez, possibly Judon. The Jones boys in the defensive backfield. All guys that were counted on to contribute on D.

Mac seems lost. Having no time doesn't help. I would have thought Hunter/Gesicki would have been more a part of the offense blocking/quick passes in the flat.

I remember watching every Sunday when I was a kid regardless of their record. Always, always, always rooted for them.

I'm not about to change that mentality now.

It has to be the best way to approach it.

Before the season started I was so excited for football.

After seeing the Pats play this badly it took some of the excitement out of it.

But now that I'm realizing it was my expectations that have me disappointed I'll watch without any expectations.

If Pats go 1-15 so be it. I'll be there to see them suck. If they turn it around—awesome. I'll get to watch it, too.

At worst they can play spoilers, so there's that.

I'm quite relaxed! During the glory years the pressure to win got me all keyed up sometimes watching a game. Now I can just sit back and chuckle at the latest way the Pats figure out a way to lose. We'll be the best 1-16 team EVAH! 😆

It would be nice, but truly at this point, it's watching to see who's actually out there giving a fuck and who's going through the motions.

This is a great thread PP.
Yes. And a mind-clearing thought for me at least. I honestly feel better in light of it.

Cheers

Season ending injuries to Gonzalez, possibly Judon. The Jones boys in the defensive backfield. All guys that were counted on to contribute on D.

Mac seems lost. Having no time doesn't help. I would have thought Hunter/Gesicki would have been more a part of the offense blocking/quick passes in the flat.

I remember watching every Sunday when I was a kid regardless of their record. Always, always, always rooted for them.

I'm not about to change that mentality now.
I will be there just as I was during the Tommy Hodson season, rooting g for them to win, but won't loss too much sleep if they happen to lose. The last tw weeks have opened my eyes between what I hoped this team was and what it actually is.

30 years of living in Detroit and finally the Lions don’t suck. There’s a chance (albeit small) that they could even get far into the playoffs or even to the Super Bowl. And so what happens? The Patriots implode!

I’m gonna cause a few brains to implode and say that Tommy is correct: this is an excellent thread! Nice work PP.

Go Pat Patriot!

Where the hell is my Steve Grogan jersey?

30 years of living in Detroit and finally the Lions don’t suck. There’s a chance (albeit small) that they could even get far into the playoffs or even to the Super Bowl. And so what happens? The Patriots implode!

I’m gonna cause a few brains to implode and say that Tommy is correct: this is an excellent thread! Nice work PP.

Go Pat Patriot!

Where the hell is my Steve Grogan jersey?
Bizarro Whirld, isn’t it?

Back