ESPN says Manning may ask to be released if Colts draft Luck

SteelerFan87

Pittsburgh Awesomes Fan
Reaction score
Their argument is that people are going to want to see Luck, and Peyton won't want to deal with the calls to bench him in favor of Luck, and/or that Peyton will argue that since Luck was drafted 1st overall he deserves to start so they should just get rid of Manning. My reaction to this is summed up by the following picture:

lolwut.jpg

Colts fans, thoughts?

mj-laughing.gif

Who at ESPN said that?

It was just on NFL Live. So Trey Wingo. (Who admittedly has never made any secret of being an imbecile) And I think Chris Mortensen. I don't even remember what Bruschi and Schlereth said about it, since I was too busy trying to comprehend the insanity of the idea. I think they were like "Peyton has a great relationship with the organization and I can't imagine him playing for any other team." I do recall them saying it would be like Brady or Roethlisberger ending their careers somewhere other than their current teams, and of course a reference to Montana with the Chiefs.

Right.

Wow, and the thing is that with this season, I'm ready for literally almost anything to happen with this organization. This team...well, nothing should surprise me anymore. But this idea isn't even worthy of consideration, let alone fear.

The idea of Manning demanding a release from the Colts is like being bukaked with stupid.

Yesterday, it was Manning not letting the Colts draft Luck. Now he not only has lost all the pull that he supposedly had with the organization, but that he's going to ask to be released?

Wow, just wow.

Does anyone really think that people would be calling for Luck, if Manning were healthy?

WTF?

:huh:

:blink:

If I were Peyton and the Colts used the first pick on a QB, I would ABSOLUTELY demand a trade or release. The Colts have so many holes on their team that it would be an obvious sign that they are already looking past the Manning Era in Indy.

If I were him, I would want to come back for the last 2 or 3 games this year so they could win 1 or 2 and end up with the 2nd or 3rd pick.

I think the more likely scenario is that Manning realizes that it's too risky physically for him to play football, retires, and coaches the Colts.

Because, you know, he's doing such a bang-up job this year.

:coffee:

I think the more likely scenario is that Manning realizes that it's too risky physically for him to play football, retires, and coaches the Colts.

Because, you know, he's doing such a bang-up job this year.

I don't know about it being likely that he retires right away...but I don't think he plays as long as people think he might. Maybe one more season.

He "may" also ask to be declared supreme dictator of America and 400 foot bronze statutes of him be erected all around the country. I give both scenarios about the same chances of happening.

I do love though how when ESPN is throwing New England under the bus, it's all speculation and none of it should be taken seriously. But of course if Manning is involved and it makes him look bad then it must be the gospel truth.

No one ever imagined that Joe Montana would be a Chied either. Stranger things have happened. It will be interesting to watch and see how this all plays out.

Close, but the Ryan's want to win. The Mannings only want to be in a position to be the star. Manning will try and hold Indy hostage and do what he can to force them to pass on Luck. Incredible
Right. Peyton Manning doesn't want to win. Gotcha.

:rolleyes:

I do love though how when ESPN is throwing New England under the bus, it's all speculation and none of it should be taken seriously. But of course if Manning is involved and it makes him look bad then it must be the gospel truth.

Jaric, the Mannings have a history of this stuff.

This thread has me ROFL

The hate is so strong, even when the guy ain't playing!

Like Jaric said, it's "BS"PN when they talk about NE, but if it's a Manning story, well...

:shake:

Right. Peyton Manning doesn't want to win. Gotcha.

:rolleyes:

He only wants to win if he's the guy to do it. No way on earth he sits on the sideline and watches Luck win. Bledsoe was the same way, no shame in it. Manning (like all the Mannings) are about the Mannings and the family's legacy. How do you not know this by now?

Umm no. One Manning did it once. And it isn't even this Manning.

If that's the best you've got then this discussion will be over quickly.

It will be twice after draft day 2012 (assuming Indy has the nuts to actually draft for their team's future and not let a 36 year old egomaniac QB run the organization).

Manning is about Manning. Its why he never let Indy bring in a legit backup. It is always about him and now your team is paying the price.

He only wants to win if he's the guy to do it. No way on earth he sits on the sideline and watches Luck win. Bledsoe was the same way, no shame in it. Manning (like all the Mannings) are about the Mannings and the family's legacy. How do you not know this by now?
You know, I can just make things up too.

Back