Favorite NFL Player?

Pats player- Cant pick just one. Bruschi/Troy Brown/Grogan

Non Pats-loved to watch Barry Sanders. Guy was electric. Never seen a more explosive runner with no offensive line.

I am not sure about that line thing. I think the line was fine, its just a lot different blocking for a guy like sanders than guys who hit the hole like Emmitt and such. I am one of the rare ones out there that thinks emmitt was better, or at least from a perspective of what I like, which is consistency. Give me 4 yards 7 times on a drive, than -3, -2, -1, 30. But exciting he was.

Gotta disagree.

Emmitt had Troy Aikman.

Barry had Scott F**kin Mitchell.

Barry was a 1 man show because the only other talent on that team was a wide reciever who had an idiot throwing to him.

Yeah I know I get that, but to me, I think Emmitt made aikman more than the other way around. Like I said, I know I am in the minority here, but a player that can run that way in the hole for that many years is something. Emmitt was a pounder who took the handoffs on the goaline. Its just more of my type of player.

How many pro bowl lineman did the Lions have during Sanders career?

Just one?! How about top three?

Steve McNair
Eddie George
Chris Johnson

I am not sure about that line thing. I think the line was fine, its just a lot different blocking for a guy like sanders than guys who hit the hole like Emmitt and such. I am one of the rare ones out there that thinks emmitt was better, or at least from a perspective of what I like, which is consistency. Give me 4 yards 7 times on a drive, than -3, -2, -1, 30. But exciting he was.

Sanders NEVER made it out of the backfield without d lineman in his face. They were run blitzing him on every play because the lions couldn't pass. You could say blocking was adequate but he had a tough time getting a hole without some major work of his own. If he had the cowboys line around him he would have run wild.

Sanders NEVER made it out of the backfield without d lineman in his face. They were run blitzing him on every play because the lions couldn't pass. You could say blocking was adequate but he had a tough time getting a hole without some major work of his own. If he had the cowboys line around him he would have run wild.

Different type of runner, so the cowboy line might not have been the best for him. They were straight ahead run blockers which is good for the straight ahead hit the hole runners. Sanders was not really that. Its not a bad thing just different styles. I am not saying sanders is no good, I just prefer the emmitt running style.

Patriots -
bygone days - toss up among Steve Grogan (tough), Steve Nelson (tougher), John Hannah (toughest)

modern era - TB, Troy Brown

Entire NFL -

Unitas, Sayers, Raymond Berry

Serious non-Pats answers: Ronnie Lott, Reggie White (until that SB, at least), Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson when he's fit (I sometimes watch Vikes games just to see him run), Troy Polamalu, Larry Allen, Jason Taylor...

Pats: Andre Tippett (what little I saw of him), Stanley Morgan, Rodney Harrison, Bru, Richard Seymour, Big Vince...

Serious non-Pats answers: Ronnie Lott, Reggie White (until that SB, at least), Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson when he's fit (I sometimes watch Vikes games just to see him run), Troy Polamalu, Larry Allen, Jason Taylor...

Pats: Andre Tippett (what little I saw of him), Stanley Morgan, Rodney Harrison, Bru, Richard Seymour, Big Vince...

Larry Allen? Why?

Back