Fellow Patriots: Have you worn your Patriots hat or shirts in public lately?

All the time. Caps,T's, sweatshirts- hooded and none hooded, polo's.

At night I have a Patriots PJ bottom and Patriots boxers. And I play with my Patriots balls (not yet this year but I still hold them)

I still wear my hat, actually just bought a new pats hat that I wear a lot. At this point in the year I usually start throwing in baseball apparel and eventually start to wear that stuff mostly.

Hell yes! I found that in the beginning (when I wore any gear or expressed that i was a Pats fan) they expected me to be too upset over the SB to defend the Pats or my fandom, but little did they realize I got over that quickly. I tend to focus on the positives and the Pats have so many its easy to do. :) Now nobody really even acknowledges the SB. Thats fine with me. :shrug:

I absolutely still "sport the colors". Like many of you, I had a host of people giving me a hard time after the SuperBowl.
Here's the thing. Our team was 18-1. That's still better than any other team in the league. Yes, it hurt that the "1" was the Championship game, but nonetheless, 18-1 is awesome. I, like many of you, remember the days of 1-15, 2-14, 8-8...no playoffs and certainly no Championship.
I'm going on vacation to Tennessee tomorrow...I will be wearing some form of Patriot gear all week, in addition, I have two huge Pats stickers on my back window (the flank a WVU sticker)...

It sounds like alot of us are coming to grips with the loss, wearing the colors again, etc. This post got me to thinking...when we win the Superbowl this year, and we will, it will be 4 SuperBowl wins and an AFC Championship this decade with more to come. We seem to be forgetting about the Conference Champ., because the SB loss still hurts, but when we look back and put this all in perpective I think '07 will put a nice little cherry on top.

This isn't about a season at a time...this is about an era of football. The race is long and we've got the best horse in the race.

Okay, gotta go mow the lawn.

It sounds like alot of us are coming to grips with the loss, wearing the colors again, etc. This post got me to thinking...when we win the Superbowl this year, and we will, it will be 4 SuperBowl wins and an AFC Championship this decade with more to come. We seem to be forgetting about the Conference Champ., because the SB loss still hurts, but when we look back and put this all in perpective I think '07 will put a nice little cherry on top.

This isn't about a season at a time...this is about an era of football. The race is long and we've got the best horse in the race.

well said

I'd never stop wearing my Pats stuff for any reason.

Recently spent a week in South Florida and proudly wore all my stuff around.

Of course, just about everything I own has a Pats logo on it. :shrug:

I tend to focus on the positives and the Pats have so many its easy to do. :) Now nobody really even acknowledges the SB. Thats fine with me. :shrug:

Here's the thing. Our team was 18-1. That's still better than any other team in the league. Yes, it hurt that the "1" was the Championship game, but nonetheless, 18-1 is awesome.

When we win the Superbowl this year, and we will, it will be 4 SuperBowl wins and an AFC Championship this decade with more to come. We seem to be forgetting about the Conference Champ., because the SB loss still hurts, but when we look back and put this all in perpective I think '07 will put a nice little cherry on top.

I hate to pee on the happiness parade but, I'm sorry, 2007 will NEVER be anything but the biggest chokejob and disappointment in NFL history. I don't care if the Pats win the next 10 Super Bowls in a row: 2007 will still be seen that way. No team--NO TEAM--had EVER gone 16-0 to finish the season undefeated, and had ever gone to 18-0 and gone into a Super Bowl as clear favorites, only to lose. This wasn't a case of a team sucking the year before and improving, like the Celtics; if the Celts don't win the NBA Championship it'll be a disappointment, but not a historic choke-job.

2007 will forever be, for me, the worst season in the Patriots' history. At least when they went 1-15, they were SUPPOSED to be bad.

+1

I hate to pee on the happiness parade but, I'm sorry, 2007 will NEVER be anything but the biggest chokejob and disappointment in NFL history. I don't care if the Pats win the next 10 Super Bowls in a row: 2007 will still be seen that way. No team--NO TEAM--had EVER gone 16-0 to finish the season undefeated, and had ever gone to 18-0 and gone into a Super Bowl as clear favorites, only to lose. This wasn't a case of a team sucking the year before and improving, like the Celtics; if the Celts don't win the NBA Championship it'll be a disappointment, but not a historic choke-job.

2007 will forever be, for me, the worst season in the Patriots' history. At least when they went 1-15, they were SUPPOSED to be bad.
I was with you until the last statement.

The 2007 SB will always be the toughest Pats loss to take. A team that good just can't lose to a good but not great team in the SB, and a team that is undefeated has to finish the job.

But I can't abide saying that a season in which I was incredibly happy 18 times, and dealt with NO crappy Monday mornings after a loss until the last game, was worse than the years when the Pats had absolutely no shot of winning.

Wyc Grousbeck, the Celtics owner, was asked if this season would be a failure if they don't win the title. I know the situation is different, but the basic point he made applies to both:

"No. We built a legitimate contender for the next three to five years. We think. And building a contender is the first step, and then it takes luck to take it all the way. But being in genuine contention is a good definition of success."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/04/06/back_in_the_game/

To me, there is no way a season in which the Pats were considered to be the best team until they gagged away the last game could be even close to the worst. That seems very short sighted. It ignores all the pleasure they gave you. So they kicked you in the balls at the end. At least you had a team to follow that was in the thick of things. Imagine being a Jets fan this year for goodness sakes.

Your theory seems to be that you don't want your passions inflamed unless the ending is happy. To me, having my passions inflamed is the whole reason to be a fan.

To each his own but I think your perspective is incredibly warped on this.

I went into CVS last night and saw a truck with NY plates, I walked around with my Pats hat and hoodie on just hoping someone would say something....

Whats that punk?:bang:

It's not a question of being ashamed for those of who live in NY and at times go for Sox garb instead. It's knowing yourself. When I'm walking in a suit in the streets of Manhattan on the way to work, it's not the time to risk getting in a fight.

It's not a question of being ashamed for those of who live in NY and at times go for Sox garb instead. It's knowing yourself. When I'm walking in a suit in the streets of Manhattan on the way to work, it's not the time to risk getting in a fight.

Welll if you were wearing a suit and had a Pats hat on I would think you would look a little silly anyway.

I wore a Patriots shirt all day long down in NY walked around the whole place and then went out dancing and minus a couple guys just bustin my non existant balls I didn't have anyone threatening my life.

This is the whole glass empty/full issue. I see it as half full. :shrug: I dont think its a choke job, I mean how many times have we heard that saying "any given sunday"? It takes a lot of skill AND luck to be consistent winners. There was a lot of bad timing (one in particular TB's injury) and other incidents which could be considered bad luck/timing (a certain "reporter" who will not be mentioned). It just comes down to the Giants playing one hell of a game that day.

About history, I quite honestly could care less what history looks back on this team. I wont be around long enough to know anyways, when history really kicks in for this time period. True, no team has gone undefeated the first 18 games, only to lose it in the end, but then again no team has ever been good enough to have won their first 18 games. And lets not forget those Bears teams from the past (I think they did it twice) who won all their games except the championship game. I really can't remember exactly what years those were, but I dont look back on those as choke jobs. I have no idea what happened but I think its cool they were undefeated til the end. And to do it twice, showed they were somewhat of a force back in the day. Obviously it must have really sucked to lose it not once but twice in the end. Still I dont see them as some horrible team.

With this past season, I see it as an amazing one with a disappointing end.
It will be far from my favorite Patriots seasons, but I will always appreciate the joy that I got watching them the first 18 games. And yes I'm looking forward to the future, which looks very bright. There is no other team with a better shot at winning it all next season, and next season is the only thing that matters to me at this point.

Welll if you were wearing a suit and had a Pats hat on I would think you would look a little silly anyway.

I wore a Patriots shirt all day long down in NY walked around the whole place and then went out dancing and minus a couple guys just bustin my non existant balls I didn't have anyone threatening my life.

I wear a suit and a sox or Pats hat very often in NYC.

Chicks get treated differently than guys.

I wear a suit and a sox or Pats hat very often in NYC.

Chicks get treated differently than guys.

That did cross my mind but I think chicks also treat the morons who try to trash talk differently MOST of the time too so the situation develops differently if at all.

Of course my almost fight with some makeup queen in Seattle bar watching the Ravens game is an exception. If my brothers friend hadn't thrown cold water on me I don't know what might have happened. :)

Back