Fox 25 Says Hernandez **not guilty** Indicted For Double Murder

What happens if the jury finds him not guilty?

:insane:

The Pats get no cap relief, I would imagine.

But let's discuss this, if we could. Here is where a jury is going to either convict unanimously and beyond a reason doubt or there will be one or more people that aren't convinced and a hung jury will be the result. A third option is to be found not guilty through a null verdict, where the jury just rejects every bit of evidence that is put forth and just refuses to accept it as factual.

So, hypothetically, let's talk about where the jury might find reasonable doubt in this case.

1. The "eyewitness". So this person was in a car at night and a car pulls up next to him and starts shooting. It's reasonable to assume that this guy dove down immediately, or close to immediately. In the flash before the fires were shot, he got a good enough look at the shooter to be able to recognize him two years later, but didn't recognize him in the media, in newspapers, during the arrest for the Lloyd murder, when his picture was plastered everywhere? But now he recognizes him?

2. The weapon. I haven't read any of the DA's factual evidence, so this is all hypothetical. So this other dude that AH shot in the eye down in FL was with him, so I heard. I would imagine he's turning state's evidence, so he must have told them where the gun was, or maybe he had the gun. He's in custody in CT, isn't he, for some other crime or violation? Who's fingerprints are on the gun? AH's? Or is it just this other moron's word that it was Hernandez's gun? Because that won't fly. This guy has a history from one end of the road to the other.

3. The vehicle. AH had multiple vehicles in his name, rented in his name, leased in his name, and everyone drove them. So they found this car where? In a garage in RI or CT, supposedly where an uncle lived and/or was using it? Not a slam dunk with that one.

Bear in mind, I'm not advocating that he's innocent in any way, shape or form. I'm just stating hypothetically what could be issues for a jury to question, thereby finding reasonable doubt and being unable to get a unanimous verdict.

There are certainly other things that could be questioned, since none of us know what evidence there actually is. Straight out, I would question the veracity and reliability of the living witness, given the circumstances of his identification.

Except that he signed saying he's been a good little boy and nothing he's done would prevent him from playing. Then the contract might be null and void bc his indictment and trial keeps him from playing, right? --> cap relief.

Except that he signed saying he's been a good little boy and nothing he's done would prevent him from playing. Then the contract might be null and void bc his indictment and trial keeps him from playing, right? --> cap relief.

I don't think so. He signed after he committed what anywhere else in this country would be capital murder. Kind of like a fruit of the poisoned tree thing. Bad faith.

What happens if the jury finds him not guilty?

:insane:

Then we get nothing but the hard lesson and maybe some spare change in cap relief. Not much, from what I understand. If that.

I don't know much about the law, but the following might be possible:

Bob Kraft files a civil suit against Hernandez demanding the money back for breach of contract. He doesn't have to be found guilty to do that, I don't believe. See Simpson, O.J.

Not to actually get any money back since it's likely gone or "missing", but to make life more difficult for him in case he has any buried somewhere. Let him look over his shoulder every time he goes out to buy something. Let him worry about hiding it and then having it stolen. Make him squirm. Maybe we'd have a claim if he gets pulled over with a million in a paper bag in his trunk. Or can't sell his story for profit, which isn't unlikely.

In short, since the league is useless to help us, Bob might be willing to part with some funds in order send a message that if you pork us we will get even.

Then we get nothing but the hard lesson and maybe some spare change in cap relief. Not much, from what I understand. If that.

Bob Kraft files a civil suit against Hernandez demanding the money back for breach of contract. He doesn't have to be found guilty to do that, I don't believe. See Simpson, O.J.

Not to actually get any money back since it's likely gone or "missing", but to make life more difficult for him in case he has any buried somewhere. Let him look over his shoulder every time he goes out to buy something. Let him worry about hiding it and then having it stolen. Make him squirm. Maybe we'd have a claim if he gets pulled over with a million in a paper bag in his trunk. Or can't sell his story for profit, which isn't unlikely.

In short, since the league is useless to help us, Bob might be willing to part with some funds in order send a message that if you pork us we will get even.

Between his team of attorneys and the civil wrongful death suit that's been filed, there will likely be not one dime to his name left over. So then he can go back to gangbanging and sell drugs.

I don't see Mr. Kraft filing a civil suit, just doesn't seem like something he'd do in this case. He's built a class organization and I'd think he'd put as much distance as possible between AH and what he's built. Shun him, so to speak.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't see Mr. Kraft filing a civil suit, just doesn't seem like something he'd do in this case. He's built a class organization and I'd think he'd put as much distance as possible between AH and what he's built. Shun him, so to speak.
Posted via Mobile Device

Same goes for the NFL and it's brand, that's why I believe they will give what ever cap relief back to the Patriots if warranted, sooner rather then later.

The NFL wants this to all go away just as much as Kraft and company

Between his team of attorneys and the civil wrongful death suit that's been filed, there will likely be not one dime to his name left over. So then he can go back to gangbanging and sell drugs.

Yes, likely so. But he had access to a lot of money and nobody can tell me he might not have a rainy day fund stashed somewhere that nobody but him knows about. That's what criminals do. That's what a lot of people do.

But couldn't Bob Kraft also file a civil suit?

Let's say he's simply pissed off and wants to make a point. Would there be no legal course of action he could follow if he really wanted to?

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm going to see what Lisa says about the feasibility, but Bob Kraft's name has already been dragged through the mud on this and he's a human being.

Since the league policy on cap relief is bizarre beyond belief, I could possibly see him filing a suit to recover costs which has the added benefit of generating a ton of bad publicity for the league, which they clearly deserve in such an instance. I would think if their byzantine rules were put up for public scrutiny on a national level then they would virtually have to rethink their policy. They'd get hammered.

I don't care who it is, a Jet pulls something like this and I want Rex to have the cap money freed up. Anybody. What's fair is fair. It just doesn't make sense to me, but maybe I'm really stupid.

The salary cap was designed to make football a level playing field for everybody, not punish teams for acts completely outside their control.

If he has a stash, his chick knows about it and is waiting to get at it. This fool is going away long time and now that it is out he hits like a bitch, his thug life mentality is going to change.

I suppose it's possible he can escape the murder charges but what about the illegal weapons charge? That seems like pretty much a slam dunk, no?

If he has a stash, his chick knows about it and is waiting to get at it. This fool is going away long time and now that it is out he hits like a bitch, his thug life mentality is going to change.

Was there a story about him hitting like a bitch? I'd like to read it, I could use a good laugh

Was there a story about him hitting like a bitch? I'd like to read it, I could use a good laugh
From TMz

"The victim in the Aaron Hernandez jailhouse fight tells TMZ Sports ... "Hernandez hits like a bitch."

We broke the story ... ex-inmate Andrew Booker was attacked by the former Pro Bowl tight end in Bristol County Jail back in February, while he was still wearing handcuffs.

Booker -- who's now out of jail -- says Hernandez blindsided him ... and struck him repeatedly but suffered no serious injuries in the attack.

Sources tell us ... Hernandez and Booker had been talking smack to each other for weeks leading up to the attack.

Booker's attorney Mike Maloney has previously told us, "Booker doesn't want to go after Hernandez. He doesn't want to be a rat.""
Nah. Who knows what their relationship is like? It's entirely possible he kept all kinds of stuff to himself, although he certainly ran his mouth a lot.
I think he needs her to keep quiet, that stash may be just the ticket to keep her from going state's

I doubt the Pats get any relief, maybe the 3.5M. I doubt Kraft files a civil suit. He didn't do shit when the Pats were unreasonably punished for spygate. I don't see this as a big deal. The player won't be playing. The Pats had 25M unavailable due to injuries last year. It's no different than if he went on IR after the first practice. Would the cap space be nice to have? Of course, but the Pats will roll without it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I doubt the Pats get any relief, maybe the 3.5M. I doubt Kraft files a civil suit. He didn't do shit when the Pats were unreasonably punished for spygate. I don't see this as a big deal. The player won't be playing. The Pats had 25M unavailable due to injuries last year. It's no different than if he went on IR after the first practice. Would the cap space be nice to have? Of course, but the Pats will roll without it.
Posted via Mobile Device

The voice of reason. :coffee:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forum Runner

Posted via Mobile Device

I think Krafty would be the fool for this route.

He owes it to the vets and fanbase to put the best team possible on the field and that requires all potential moneys available.

I think Krafty would be the fool for this route.

He owes it to the vets and fanbase to put the best team possible on the field and that requires all potential moneys available.

It would have been nice to have the 1st lost for spygate. That would have helped put the best team possible on the field. Kraft could have fought for it then, but didn't. I don't think he will fight for it now. What precedent would it set for the league? Sure, cutting him "protects the shield" a little, but would relief be a message to the other teams, "Hire any jack wagon you want because we got your back?" The Pats gambled on a player with known character issues. The early returns on the risky investment were fantastic, but that stock crashed.

But let's discuss this, if we could. Here is where a jury is going to either convict unanimously and beyond a reason doubt or there will be one or more people that aren't convinced and a hung jury will be the result. A third option is to be found not guilty through a null verdict, where the jury just rejects every bit of evidence that is put forth and just refuses to accept it as factual.

So, hypothetically, let's talk about where the jury might find reasonable doubt in this case.

1. The "eyewitness". So this person was in a car at night and a car pulls up next to him and starts shooting. It's reasonable to assume that this guy dove down immediately, or close to immediately. In the flash before the fires were shot, he got a good enough look at the shooter to be able to recognize him two years later, but didn't recognize him in the media, in newspapers, during the arrest for the Lloyd murder, when his picture was plastered everywhere? But now he recognizes him?

2. The weapon. I haven't read any of the DA's factual evidence, so this is all hypothetical. So this other dude that AH shot in the eye down in FL was with him, so I heard. I would imagine he's turning state's evidence, so he must have told them where the gun was, or maybe he had the gun. He's in custody in CT, isn't he, for some other crime or violation? Who's fingerprints are on the gun? AH's? Or is it just this other moron's word that it was Hernandez's gun? Because that won't fly. This guy has a history from one end of the road to the other.

3. The vehicle. AH had multiple vehicles in his name, rented in his name, leased in his name, and everyone drove them. So they found this car where? In a garage in RI or CT, supposedly where an uncle lived and/or was using it? Not a slam dunk with that one.

Bear in mind, I'm not advocating that he's innocent in any way, shape or form. I'm just stating hypothetically what could be issues for a jury to question, thereby finding reasonable doubt and being unable to get a unanimous verdict.

There are certainly other things that could be questioned, since none of us know what evidence there actually is. Straight out, I would question the veracity and reliability of the living witness, given the circumstances of his identification.

This is gonna sound horrible... but...

This jury will be atleast 75% pats fans. no? Lets be honest, he's not getting off.

The jury knows the cap implications of their decision. :coffee:

We need some Andre:notworthy:

but in all seriousness, when it comes to the due process of law, I agree, the prosecution may have a hard time getting the jury to unanimously believe beyond reasonable doubt. A lot of circumstantial evidence and iffy spots here and there

Back