G-men are next

NEPatriotsdraft

MORE SNAPS FOR MARK ANDERSON
After Guyton, the 2nd and 3rd worst rated players on the Patriots defense on Pro Football Focus have been Rob Ninkovich and Shaun Ellis. Each have been productive against the run, but have been abysmal against the pass. Ninkovich’s pass rush stats are slightly skewed because he’s usually late to the rush after bumping the opposing tight end at the line, but Ellis doesn’t have much of an excuse while only having eight QB pressures, zero sacks and one QB hit.
With Ellis and Ninkovich struggling, I think it’s time to see more of Mark Anderson. It’s a bit of a running joke that you know the game is nearing an end when Anderson starts upping his sack totals. You may call that garbage time, but the opposing lines aren’t exactly letting Anderson slip through to hit their QB. Anderson has five sacks, three QB hits and eight pressures in about 1/3 the snaps as Ellis and almost half the snaps as Ellis. Anderson can line up at LE and as a 3rd down sub rusher, he also hasn’t been terrible against the run this year. It seems the Patriots would only be gaining by playing Anderson more and not losing too much in the run defense department.
MISTAKES OUT OF ELI
Eli Manning has been playing downright Peyton-esque this season. He’s completed 64.7% of his passes and only thrown for five picks so far this year. The Patriots secondary will have trouble against all the Giants targets (especially if Hakeem Nicks plays), so they’ll need to pressure Eli, throw some different coverage schemes at him and force some turnovers out of him.
A key player to watch for the Patriots will be Phillip Adams. He came in against the Steelers after Antwaun Molden struggled and looked pretty decent as a sub DB. Either Adams or Molden is going to need to step up.
The Patriots should be able to get some interior pass rush against the Giants. David Diehl has played very poorly this season and it’s looking more and more like David Baas will be out at center. If Albert Haynesworth is going to have a breakout game this season, this might be a good bet for it.
RUN THE BALL
The Patriots were playing from behind against the Steelers and effectively abandoned the run game. The Patriots’ offense could be unstoppable if they combine their no huddle offense with a balanced rushing attack. Last week Kevin Faulk was the bell cow, that can’t happen again. Faulk is a great story, but Danny Woodhead is the better third down back, and BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Stevan Ridley are too talented to be kept off the field. I understand Faulk’s value as a pass blocker, but it’s a catch 22, because when Faulk in back there, opposing teams don’t have to respect the run.
Overall, the Giants are a very balanced team. They’re great at rushing the quarterback, but other than that they don’t do anything excessively well or poorly. When forced into nickel situations, the Giants typically play safety Deon Grant in the slot. If that’s the plan against the Patriots, Wes Welker could have a field day.
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/11/patriots-vs-giants-course-correction.html

Don't think we'll be seeing too much of Taylor Price tomorrow. It was just reported that he has hamstring injury and was added to the injury report tonight.

Don't think we'll be seeing too much of Taylor Price tomorrow. It was just reported that he has hamstring injury and was added to the injury report tonight.

I was looking forward to seeing Price play. Too bad, he could have been a shot of adrenaline for the offense.

Who is the Price guy?? Oh wait the one with 30 snaps of experience total??

Yeah I was wondering when he would get hurt

His skill set would help the offense a great deal, assuming he knows what he is doing. It is too bad he keeps getting hurt.

Crikey at this point just send Price, when he's healthy again, downfield on some nines if he has single coverage.
Unless he can't even figure out when he has single coverage.
And in that case....:banghead:

Pats inactives: RB Kevin Faulk, WR Taylor Price, DE Shaun Ellis, DE Jermaine Cunningham, LB Dane Fletcher, QB Ryan Mallett & G Donald Thomas

Pats inactives: RB Kevin Faulk, WR Taylor Price, DE Shaun Ellis, DE Jermaine Cunningham, LB Dane Fletcher, QB Ryan Mallett & G Donald Thomas

Well I guess the Faulk experiment failed.

I'm actually a bit happy to see Faulk is inactive. Not because I don't like him or anything, because I do and I appreciate what he's done for this team. But last week I felt he got way too many carries and he was relied upon as the feature back and he really shouldn't have. Hopefully this means more rushes for Ridley and the other guys.

Who is the Price guy?? Oh wait the one with 30 snaps of experience total??

Yeah I was wondering when he would get hurt

Seems Price pulled his hammie.

Prolly bent over too quick to take the Willow Tree outta the oven for dinner last night.

F'n Willow Tree.

All good n shite...

Though Faulk was productive (6 carries for 32 yards and 5 catches,) I hope this means more Benny and Ridley and the Pats running the ball down their God damned throats and then running it some more.

Love what KFaulk brings to the team in so far as production and veteran presence/leadership but I sure would like to see the more explosive Woody get some touches again soon.

BB said in today's presser that Price's hamstring tightened up but was not reinjured. We'll need him vs the Jets.

BB said in today's presser that Price's hamstring tightened up but was not reinjured. We'll need him vs the Jets.

Just anything different, hell I am starting to think I could gameplan to stop the pats at this point. They need to inject something in to shake it up on offense.

Back