Game thread. Divisional round. Texans at Patriots.

Yeah. He also has 58 TDs. But he has had a lot of multiple pick games in the post-season. What was nice today is the defense clamped down and only let up FGs. They were outstanding. Championship caliber D which we will need to go all the way.

A win is good:Defense was good but not great. Osweiler sucked as bad as playoff QB can suck. Lots of gifties.

Cheers

And there we go ROFL as we thought, Bill is chipper in the post-match presser. Said he loves the way they fight through not playing well. Man he's one of a kind is our Bill!

Said it's a great days for Rutgers!

Tom, really pi**ed off in the post game presser. Honest as always just said they never got into their rhythm. His annoyance is because as he said, "we work pretty hard to play a lot better than we played."

I can totally understand Tom was pissed. Most of the miscues weren't his fault. But they'll go on his record.

But he and Bill really need to take a look at his (TFB's) body language on the sideline tonight, and make corrections. It was more reminiscent of Cutler than Brady. GOATs shouldn't sulk.

A coaches dream, get the W and have plenty of stuff to dog the team with.

Game balls:

1: Hogan/Edelman-ballers.
2. Secondary-ballers

No balls:
Lewis-2 fumbles took his away.
Slater-penalty took his away.

^Yes, I saw what I did there. :coffee:

Tom's thrown 30 picks now in playoff games?? That's nearly a pick a game. That's a lot....

Yup. Tom throws INTs and had multi-INT games far more often in the playoffs than regular season. He's like 4:1 ratio in regular versus 2:1 in playoffs. Way fewer 0 INT games.

the 2014 playoffs, he was terrible with ints. didn't he throw like 6 in 3 games? it was the damndest thing...he'd throw horrifying picks, then engineer an epic drive.

the 2014 playoffs, he was terrible with ints. didn't he throw like 6 in 3 games? it was the damndest thing...he'd throw horrifying picks, then engineer an epic drive.
He had a few years there where he kept tossing awful bombs into double coverage that got picked. Against Ravens a few times for sure.

Not sure what it is, but he doesn't have the same clean games in the playoffs, even when he dominates.

Then again, he's also getting more A games from opponents.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

So, does anyone else on this board figure Tom et al got their "Rusty Crappy Game" out of their system tonight, and that the REAL Patriots will show up for the rest of this playoff season?

This is going to sound like an excuse, but I'd really like them to see what the deal is with byes. a lot of times, the game after one they look lethargic, out of synch etc. for a good portion of the game. most recent case: their only loss with tb this year was...coming off a bye, and vs. a team traveling from the wc on a short week. I'm not trying to discredit their opponents as they had something to do with the pats ' issues, but even when they don't play a good team, iirc they are similar

This is going to sound like an excuse, but I'd really like them to see what the deal is with byes. a lot of times, the game after one they look lethargic, out of synch etc. for a good portion of the game. most recent case: their only loss with tb this year was...coming off a bye, and vs. a team traveling from the wc on a short week. I'm not trying to discredit their opponents as they had something to do with the pats ' issues, but even when they don't play a good team, iirc they are similar

Every team in the league has to deal with a bye week. Are you trying to make a case to banish the concept altogether?

Doesn't Count

So, does anyone else on this board figure Tom et al got their "Rusty Crappy Game" out of their system tonight, and that the REAL Patriots will show up for the rest of this playoff season?

We can hope. They don't generally look ugly two weeks in a row.

The other thing of note is that a lot of people are commenting on how out of sorts they were tonight... and they won by 18 against a division champion with the number one defense...

I guess it doesn't count if the division is the AFC South.

I don't think Brady was feeling very well--he looked so pasty during and after the game.

Logan Ryan had himself a night :toast:

Glad Pats won but that did look ugly. As someone else said, those Brady "Deep lobs" looking for the receiver to run under it (or get a PI) reminded me of Flaco.
Hope this was the "get the rust out" game or next week will be ugly and likely a loss.

The team is on to the next game.

Any word on injuries?

The only injuries I was aware of were Hogan with a bruised thigh and Bennett with what looked like a knee injury. Hogan was running on the sidelines after the injury, so I assume it can't be too serious.

Bennett's injury looked bad at first. Perhaps they were just being very cautious, but he stayed on the field for a long time. Of course, in the stands, we don't get updates. But seeing him return not long after was a huge relief.

For all the people that say Brady does not get hit because of the rules like Montana did in his day, please watch Denver playoff from last year and last night's game. He was pancaked, cheap shotted and kept getting up and throwing bombs. The guy is as tough as they come even when getting punched in the mouth.

For all the people that say Brady does not get hit because of the rules like Montana did in his day, please watch Denver playoff from last year and last night's game. He was pancaked, cheap shotted and kept getting up and throwing bombs. The guy is as tough as they come even when getting punched in the mouth.

I would like to add to all those that say he cries for a flag EVERY.SINGLE.TIME needs to do the same - he got pissed ONCE last night and for good reason. Every other time, he just bounces right back up and keeps on playing

I would like to add to all those that say he cries for a flag EVERY.SINGLE.TIME needs to do the same - he got pissed ONCE last night and for good reason. Every other time, he just bounces right back up and keeps on playing

And I see Ray Lewis had a pop at him on Twitter saying "It's football Brady"

FU Lewis you POS.

And I see Ray Lewis had a pop at him on Twitter saying "It's football Brady"

FU Lewis you POS.

Yes, it is called football when it is Brady getting cheap shotted three times by Clowney but when Newton cries ALL season about getting hit to the head we get a ten minute soliloquy from Ray on how Cam is being unfairly targeted and the refs are corrupt. Give me a break.

Much SALT this Sunday morning. I get it though as everyone watched the Pats play their WORST game of the season and STILL win by 18. LOL.

Back