Game thread. Divisional round. Texans at Patriots.

Aside from the D standing up on short fields against an awful offense, there wasn't much that was positive. TB lobbing those Eli balls and praying is REALLY CONCERNING. An O line getting dominated was concerning. Play calling was concerning.

The D played great but really, that is it.

In case you can't tell, I am concerned.

Aside from the D standing up on short fields against an awful offense, there wasn't much that was positive. TB lobbing those Eli balls and praying is REALLY CONCERNING. An O line getting dominated was concerning. Play calling was concerning.

The D played great but really, that is it.

In case you can't tell, I am concerned.

How concerned?

I like the way Bill went out of his way to high five Danny after that double reverse sweep. I would have liked to have seen more Danny yesterday, he's always a playoff stud.

This is going to sound like an excuse, but I'd really like them to see what the deal is with byes. a lot of times, the game after one they look lethargic, out of synch etc. for a good portion of the game. most recent case: their only loss with tb this year was...coming off a bye, and vs. a team traveling from the wc on a short week. I'm not trying to discredit their opponents as they had something to do with the pats ' issues, but even when they don't play a good team, iirc they are similar

Could some of it be caused by the lack of momentum? I've noticed it too...

For all the people that say Brady does not get hit because of the rules like Montana did in his day, please watch Denver playoff from last year and last night's game. He was pancaked, cheap shotted and kept getting up and throwing bombs. The guy is as tough as they come even when getting punched in the mouth.

Brady is one tough SOB...he doesn't get enough credit for being one either!

Brady is one tough SOB...he doesn't get enough credit for being one either!

This. ^

I don't know what people see after Tom gets beaten up (see last year's AFCCG) and still comes out swinging. :shoot:

Meh, we're on to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.

City Of New England

That was an interesting game last night. Houston seemed to be in the game most on the night but you just knew that the Pats were gonna get the big, lopsided win. Brady sure didn't look like the Brady. Not just the numbers, but his game looked off. The Pats D is real good. Earlier this year I didn't see a team that could beat the Pats, but now I see they have their work cut out. Pitt, Falcons and the NFC winner today all can put up big points. It's gonna be interesting. That said, I still think Pats win it all. Again, congrats to Pats Nation for not a great win, but a win none the less.

So, does anyone else on this board figure Tom et al got their "Rusty Crappy Game" out of their system tonight, and that the REAL Patriots will show up for the rest of this playoff season?
nice to see you. I often wonder if they believed the hype coming into this game and needed this nutpunch

Thanks Bid. Seeing Bennett back was a relief. I was concerned with Hogan.
Bennett missed one play, that will be sore today.

Hogan had a thigh issues and Simms reported he was rubbing a golfball on it to work it out. With Amendola there was no reason to put him back in. TB12 facilities are working on that as we speak.

I think Mitchell was missed.

All the teams that remain in the playoffs have defenses far less capable than Houston's.

And in the NFL playoffs, attrition becomes a factor. Some of our guys got a little nicked up last night - it will happen to other teams, too.

I like our chances next week against either the Chiefs or the Steelers.

All the teams that remain in the playoffs have defenses far less capable than Houston's.

And in the NFL playoffs, attrition becomes a factor. Some of our guys got a little nicked up last night - it will happen to other teams, too.

Agree. That said, Pitt's D have been pretty stout of late. And their offense is very solid. However, Pats own Pitt. I don't see how KC keeps up with the Pats offensively.If the Pats don't win the SB this year, it will be an NFC team taking them out.

Agree. That said, Pitt's D have been pretty stout of late. And their offense is very solid. However, Pats own Pitt. I don't see how KC keeps up with the Pats offensively.If the Pats don't win the SB this year, it will be an NFC team taking them out.
I don't think I buy into that stout Pittsburgh D.

They played against a backup QB in the first round of the playoffs.

They gave up a ton of yards and points to the Brown's in their final regular season game. And before anyone claims that game was meaningless for the Steelers, it was also meaningless for the Browns.

The Steelers also couldn't stop Baltimore from driving down the field late in the game and scoring on them in the penultimate regular season game. It took a similar collapse from the Baltimore defense on the final series for the Steelers retain their hold on first place.

OL, Floyd, Bennett, Brady all had mediocre games.

Hopefully Mitchell can play next week, and Hogan/Bennett are OK. Danny should be more reps next week I imagine.

D played well, especially the secondary.

Every team in the league has to deal with a bye week. Are you trying to make a case to banish the concept altogether?

No, I am trying to make a case that the Pats need to do some self scouting as to why that is. It's their issue, no one else's.

Mr. Isaiah Thomas at the game. #BostonUnited

15965496_10154980294887372_1223311539131757721_n.jpg

15965796_10154980294882372_8095069392978721456_n.jpg

15951925_10154980294892372_1100287399676995464_n.jpg

BB will be up the offenses ass all week after that suckfest game last night and TB will be hard on himself. He should be. So should Josh McD who I thought called the game as if he's already checked out. Mistakes, bad play calls and poor play by TB, fumbles by Lewis, inexcusable penalties will all kill us against a very good, balanced team. The Pats will figure it out so I'm not worried especially since Tom Brady is 8-0 in his career against the Chiefs and the Steelers at home with 23 TDs and only 1 interception.

Matt Ryan and the Falcons played the game of his career and if they play like that for 2 more I'm not sure anyone can beat them. Otoh, what are the chances Matt Ryan plays the game of his life 3 games in a row. And what are the chances TB plays poorly in 3 games in a row. Unlike many, I expect KC to beat Pittsburgh although I don't fear either team.

I'm also expecting the Cowboys to win although it will be very close and GB should cover.

Cowboys vs Falcons? The Cowboys' great OL will have a lot to say about that game to keep them in it. I expect the Cowboys to win but first they have to get by GB. I'd love to see a Matt Ryan vs Aaron Rodgers NFCCG. That would be a shootout for the ages that I'd love to see.

===========
edit: 1 thing I forgot to mention is that David Andrews got schooled on the job. Hopefully he learns his lesson well since he's sure to face that look again real soon. Kudos to Romeo for pushing the envelope with everything he had.

The elephant in the room and I don't care what anyone says, is that we definitely miss Gronk in these playoff games. Bennett is great, but he's nowhere near the level that Gronk is at when healthy. That's a fact.

I agree--Gronk is unmatched in ability, but hampered by unavailability due to injuries.

The offense could have used his blocking prowess last night, for sure.

Bill will really hone in on that Rowe penalty. really we had our foot on their throats early on, you could see their heads almost dropping early and we gave them a way back in.

IMO that was the turning point in the game, stupid, stupid penalty by Rowe, without that penalty I think the outcome would have been worse for the Texans. It was good to see Logan balling last night, he had a helluva game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back